Changing up your Evora - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Changing up your Evora

Allot of us like to make there cars a little different than stock. I know there is exhaust and air intake changes but what about other changes. Is there anyone making after market stuff for the Evora? Such as carbin fiber dash or interior parts or dead petals, Stainless scuff plates, shifter knobs, racing belts that will go through the seats, engine dress up parts? (it would be great to really see a cool looking engine in stead of a plastic cover)
Orcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcas View Post
Allot of us like to make there cars a little different than stock. I know there is exhaust and air intake changes but what about other changes. Is there anyone making after market stuff for the Evora? Such as carbin fiber dash or interior parts or dead petals, Stainless scuff plates, shifter knobs, racing belts that will go through the seats, engine dress up parts? (it would be great to really see a cool looking engine in stead of a plastic cover)
Unfortunately your only option is Mansory for interior pieces. And those are nuts. The carbon engine cover is like 3k.
America has always been defined by its excess. The Grand Canyon, professional sports contracts, Wendys baconator, extra bacon! I myself have 18 Lamborghinis, and a Subaru station-wagon. And its because of this excess that I have flourished. I implore you, please do not stop profiting. Live for excess, its the American way.
ItsThaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Evora is for driving, if you want a show car get a Ferrari.
tbd_Evora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Disciple of Chapman

Garage
I'm OK with a little dress up, but many times people just go too far and ruin the car. Its one thing to what to change up your Mustang, Camaro, or even Ferrari beucause they are everywhere.

How many Evoras do you run into a year? Do you what someone who has chromed there Evora to be taken as a standard Evora driver? People might start to think Evora drivers are as tasteless as some of the SEMA car creations.

I like mine pretty much stock. changed the headliner to black suede-tex , have a aluminium shift knob and updated Stereo, but the rest of what you can see is pretty much stock. Well except for the Difflow 5 element diffuser and the front splitter protector. I also added Lotus Sport Exhaust and a CAI
Other than that I'm almost completely stock

Crap, maybe I am one of those SEMA guys

Last edited by Chhirowolf; 11-18-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Chhirowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you ItsThaMonsta, Nice tbd, that was helpful.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a list of items that are mostly made by lotus and I think they absolutely look great. Rear window delete, Evora GTE Wing, Front Splitter protector, Barge boards, Wrapped top and side panels, Difflow 5 Element Diffuser.

Here is a picture:

ramtin1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

All I'm saying is little items so my Evora is not like every other red 2010 on the road. So far I have removed the Evora badge from the back of the car, changed all interior lights to LEDS. If I could replace the dash panel with carbin fiber I most likely would to that. If I could find a **** knob I liked I would do that. These are thing some of us do to make there car unlike all the rest. Good Lord, sorry for asking!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you Ramtin, that is helpful, your car looks great!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

The funny thing about the forum and the guys that own evora's is that they are mostly older or guys that bought the evora to get something more luxury with less noise and more options and features which you couldn't get on the Elise and Exige. I remember when I talked about supercharging my NA Evora it became the subject for many arguments that how it will void the warranty or how it was not doable and I was crazy to take on such a big project. Well I didn't give a **** what everybody else liked. Today I have the only Converted Evora that has over 400HP. I'm very happy with the results and I can garantee you that nobody else has what I have. It's truly a unique one that nobody else has. I also Have to warn you that doing cheesy stuff to this car like adding civic looking LED lights to the front and honda looking upgrades will make the car look horrible. If you're thinking about upgrading then expect some serious money to be spent on those upgrades. Parts made for this car are very expensive but very classy. Stick with lotus racing parts and you'll be OK.
ramtin1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

I do not know if you get an Evora Atmo but the "regular" exhaust sound is rubbish. It seems to be a 4 cylinders (ok I exaggerate a little bit...). I just change my regular exhaust with a Lotus Exhaust stage 1 and sound is really nice now. I drove an Evora with a Larini exhaust but it is too much for me on long cruise. In my opinion, Lotus stage 1 shouldn't be an option but it should come on standard.

Regarding the tuning on Evora, on Lotus Web site you can a Red Evora composite engine cover Design Accessories | Lotus Cars.
But If you want to have a very OUTSTANDING Evora, you have to copy this this one.
Lotusevora91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd_Evora View Post
The OP didn't even say anything that was too far fetched. But like Ramtin said, a lot of owners are older stubborn people who are going to drive Lotus into the grave even faster.
America has always been defined by its excess. The Grand Canyon, professional sports contracts, Wendys baconator, extra bacon! I myself have 18 Lamborghinis, and a Subaru station-wagon. And its because of this excess that I have flourished. I implore you, please do not stop profiting. Live for excess, its the American way.
ItsThaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Let's see. There are plenty of customization options for this car.

There are:
1. Vinyl wraps -cheap and easy (latter being up to you). You are only limited by your imagination. If you need help I have a bit of knowledge in this area. It's very easy to go overboard with this stuff though, but it's up to you, do what you like and care less about what others think

2. Diffuser - About $800 from Difflow. I love them and they are both functional and good looking.

3. Dead pedals - Sector 111 sells one for about $70, or you can order a factory one straight from Lotus now that looks a hell of a lot better.

4. Front splitter - There was a small batch of them that were sold earlier this year but they were all custom made by Bobsy Racer. No word on whether he intends to make any more. I think he sold them in the $500-600, maybe more. Or you can make one yourself. He did.

5. On the expensive side of things, you have many options, both from Mansory and from Lotus Sport (GTN upgrade kits). I have the GTN louvered rear glass replacement cover that originally came from VSI Motors. I believe they sell other GTN parts. Anyway the other parts available for this car are:
a. front and rear bumper kits
b. Bargeboards and side skirts
c. Side vent scoops (two different versions)
d. Rear sail panel (the vent cover above the rear lid)
e. cf rear diffuser holder
d. cf rear diffuser
f. cf rear lid replacement
g. plenty of Lotus wheel options
h. cf doors and plexiglass windows
i. rear spoilers (2 different versions)
j. cf vented side panel
k. side mirror covers
l. cf a-pillar covers

Come to think of it I think the entire GTN body kit is all CF.. will run you upwards of $40k-50K I think.

Then there are some goodies from at least one European shop (I don't remember them so you'll have to search the posts, I know I mentioned them before), such as a CF intake kit.

Also there is the CF lithium battery kit from Chimera that's very nice. And a few owners have also had custom interior work done-- headliner, car seats, etc..

... that's all I can think of for now.

Ramtin's car is one of a kind. There are no rules on what people should and shouldn't do with their cars. Everyone has an opinion. What matters most is your own.

Good luck.

Last edited by squidward; 11-18-2012 at 12:50 PM.
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

The LED lights I installed was the dome light, foot well lights and the boot lights. Uses allot less battery if a door is open for very long and almost no heat to melt plastic. No one can tell except me on this small detail change. Also I would reccomend this change to all. This will not make your Evora turn into a Honda Civic or look cheesy. The removal of the Evora badge on the back is also a nice touch and makes the back end of the car look even.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
The LED lights I installed was the dome light, foot well lights and the boot lights. Uses allot less battery if a door is open for very long and almost no heat to melt plastic. No one can tell except me on this small detail change. Also I would reccomend this change to all. This will not make your Evora turn into a Honda Civic or look cheesy. The removal of the Evora badge on the back is also a nice touch and makes the back end of the car look even.
done and done

you should also do the folding side mirror hack (unless you already have it)
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd_Evora View Post
I am not a Ferrari fan but from my weekend test drive with a 430 Scuderia I can tell it is an excellent drivers car. (But you get a headache from the sound)
Range Rover Evoque Prestige Si4 - loaded
Sold: Nissan 370Z Roadster Pack - Black Cherry - unmodified
Sold: McLaren MP4-12C, Nissan GT-R 2011
dmpriso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Garage
We modded the Elise just about every way we could think of (personal best 1:42.27 at Road Atlanta today ).

I'm an older stubborn Evora driver. A major goal was No Mods. And I sorta prefer a "grown up sound" (but was black flagged for noise at Road Atlanta this morning )

So here is the extent of our mods after a year:

ROW tail lights with DRL delete
Radar detector mount under mirror.
Moderate quality floor carpets to cover the originals.
And the most daring and best of all:

Name:  Laura Ellis at Mitty c.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  159.3 KB

These cars are so tastefully done, perform so well just out of the box. They shout "Individual!"

Wealthy is the man who realizes he has enough.

But I have a stack of suspension and other parts for the Elise this Winter.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery (home again!)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders) 2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP)
1980 Rover SD1 (new home)
XHILR8N! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHILR8N! View Post
Wealthy is the man who realizes he has enough.
Aye!

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. ~ Henry David Thoreau
anthonyseven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
KCZ

Does anybody know if the leather Elige shift knob on the Lotus site will fit the Evora?
Design Accessories | Lotus Cars
Part no. LOTAC05380

I hate the goose-egg stock one with a passion. It has to be the most uncomfortable thing ever designed.
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
KCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Difflow Lotus Diffusers

Difflow Diffuser, spiffs up the rear end quite a bit 5 or 7 element!

http://www.difflow.com

PS: Ramtin's Evora is sick, saw it in person finally this weekend at VSA and C&C Irvine.

qu1Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

I'll vouch for the LED lights. Cleaner brighter more efficient lighting. Period Also dirt cheap.
08 Isuzu Ascender Lux Flint Grey, Grey leather
brgelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora