The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

clutch position sensor - voltage range

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  agentdr8 
#1 ·
So I've had an ongoing clutch position sensor issue, which i'm finally narrowing down.

I've got a P0807 fault code, which is a "clutch position circuit sensor low" error according to the Lotus Service Notes under Section EMR. According to the notes, this error is triggered by a sensor voltage of <0.098 volts (whereas the "clutch position circuit sensor high" P0808 error is triggered by a sensor voltage >4.79V).

I do know that my sensor is sending raw data correctly (ie, it's not a bad connection). I think i just need to adjust the range of the travel of the sensor. That said, does anyone know if the voltage goes from low to high when you go from resting pedal to depressed pedal, or vice versa? This will determine what direction I need to adjust the sensor.

#2 ·
Voltage raises when depressed IIRC. If yours travels too far when released, it'll come up with that low voltage. I had this issue when I went to my twin disk clutch setup.
Easy enough to adjust if you have my master cylinder replacement, or if not you can put washers or spacers between the clutch position sensor bracket and the pedal box, effectively making it act as the pedal is more depressed

#4 ·
Could be a bad sensor. They seem rather flimsy compared to other electronics on the car. Likely because it's not a Toyota part (I think someone mentioned it being a GM part?).

The creaking could be from the mc itself, the pushrod fork, the sensor position fork, or the pedal pivot point needing a bit of lubrication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.