Ever worry about parking your Evora? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ever worry about parking your Evora?

At the beginning of September, I purchased a silver Evora and absolutely love it. I've had a bunch of initial issues but my service facility Aston Martin Lotus of New England has been quite helpful. One question I had for owners was if you ever worry parking it. I typically try my best to park further away from crowds but every time I walk away from it I find many people flocking around it to check it out. Certainly I know the car may draw attention, but I'm more afraid of vandalism. Just seeing what your experiences have been. Thanks to the board for answering MANY of my questions pre and post purchase.
ngl1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Disciple of Chapman

Garage
Worry about mine every time I park it.
I can park it 10 spaces from any other car in the lot and when I return to the car it is surrounded by other cars.
I think people are interested in the car and just end up parking by it.

Most people are very respectful and complamentary, but it still makes me nervous to have people parked by me.
Chhirowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ditto to the above ill park as far away as possible and yet ill have cars on both sides when I return...drives me nuts.

But for the most part people seem to be respectful, I think because they notice it
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think it makes a difference where you live. I live in NM (worst state ever) and everyone I know with
A nice car has gotten it keyed. My sports cars are always in a locked garage or in my line of sight. I
have an old Jaguar I take to the store, or out to eat.
2004 Buell XB12R
BUELL XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't take it anywhere that would give people the opportunity to park on the sides of me.
America has always been defined by its excess. The Grand Canyon, professional sports contracts, Wendyís baconator, extra bacon! I myself have 18 Lamborghinis, and a Subaru station-wagon. And itís because of this excess that I have flourished. I implore you, please do not stop profiting. Live for excess, itís the American way.
ItsThaMonsta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

We live in a despicable world, and it's getting worse all the time.

I am very mindful of where I choose to live, work, and shop; and not just because I have an Evora.

Aside from that, I don't worry about it. Life is too short to waste time worrying about or dealing with the dregs of humanity. Best to just avoid it as best you can.
anthonyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Listen, I live in Los Angeles, you kinda get used to it and then at some point you get over it. Good luck to you.
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
Went to Charleston recently with the GF. Hotel manager asked us to stay parked in front of their Hotel (Vendue Inn, downtown, nice place) to make the place more attractive to the 20 somethings going to their bars upstairs. Would not accept money for valet fees.

Name:  Vendue Inn w.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  269.1 KB

Went to Folley beach. Parking guy stepped out in front of us, waved us in, put us up front in the shade, would not take any money.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery (home again!)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders) 2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP)
1980 Rover SD1 (new home)
XHILR8N! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

My black 2011 Evora S will be delivered before the month is over I am so excited!!! XHILR8N is that what type of valet treatment you get everywhere you go? I live close to Miami where valet is usually $20 but they charge $40 to leave it upfront. I certainly don't want to pay $40 everywhere I go so hopefully they start offering it for free or a $20 discount.
ddotderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
I live pretty much in the country so valet service is rare.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery (home again!)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders) 2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP)
1980 Rover SD1 (new home)
XHILR8N! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

LOL... Quick story... 127 miles on it.. The wife and I went out for lunch on a Tuesday 11:17 am. Weren't more than 5 cars in the lot that could hold at least 75. I parked at the far side away from the other 4. Next thing you know, sitting in line of sight (drives her nuts), an a**hole with a 3500 dually has to BACK in next to it. The tires are towering above it.. Fortunately, his passenger had enough conscience to get out and flag him in but WTF.. This stuff is unavoidable if you drive it... Good luck!
go.lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go.lotus View Post
LOL... Quick story... 127 miles on it.. The wife and I went out for lunch on a Tuesday 11:17 am. Weren't more than 5 cars in the lot that could hold at least 75. I parked at the far side away from the other 4. Next thing you know, sitting in line of sight (drives her nuts), an a**hole with a 3500 dually has to BACK in next to it. The tires are towering above it.. Fortunately, his passenger had enough conscience to get out and flag him in but WTF.. This stuff is unavoidable if you drive it... Good luck!
Perhaps they park right next to our cars because they know how we would react when we see it. Unfortunately for now, this is my daily driver so I'll just have to be mindful of the location. As for valet parking, as long as they park it up front I'm ok with it. I'd never let anyone take it out of sight. I gave my cars to the Four Seasons once. They parked it up front. Shortly after a McLaren MP4-12C pulled in behind me (Sounded amazing). I didn't feel as worried after.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Perhaps you ought to peruse all the posts and suggestions from Elise and Exige owners; the factors are all the same.
Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
addertooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
Perhaps you ought to peruse all the posts and suggestions from Elise and Exige owners; the factors are all the same.
That's true. I mentioned this a few years back. Parking by yourself is asking to get vandalized because its obvious what you're doing. I tend to park my car with a group of other cars but try to park in places that gives me the most space so I don't get door dings.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Allan Gibbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE=go.lotus;1805047]sitting in line of sight/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who does this

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

[quote=lynnpreston;1805065]
Quote:
Originally Posted by go.lotus View Post
sitting in line of sight/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who does this

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
+1.. My wife I said I have OCD when it comes to the car.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

[quote=ngl1145;1805072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnpreston View Post

+1.. My wife I said I have OCD when it comes to the car.

My wife says my Evora is my mistress, says if I am not with her she know I am with my mistress. I try to take care of both of them and would never leave my wife in a dark parking lot,.same thing with my mistress. As for other folks (valets) having their way with my mistress, no sir. In Texas most venues will let you self park in valet spots and with the rarity of the Evora, typically at the front
TXBRIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Personally I htink the key to parking exotic cars is a combination of space and distance.

Parking alone way out in the back only makes the car more visible.

Parking way out in the back at an angle and/or taking up two spots screams "A hole" and vastly increases your probability of some vandalism.

I tend to pick the end of a line that is 75% full with 6-8 spaces to the next cars. Any spot that is up next to a partition or green space out shoot is golden as you can hug one side.

Overall, parking lot issues come with the territory of these cars.
MeisterS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

... you can just avoid going to places where parking is tight. My colleague Dave was invited to a company dinner at a Korean restaurant and when he saw the parking was valet only and also that it was a very small lot, he just kept driving lol. But ya know I've done plenty times myself. I skipped out on a 4th of July firework show because there was no parking. No single night of fireworks or dinner or whatever is worth potential damage to my car.

Eventually though, you get smart and always have the parking situation sorted out the back of your head when things like this come up and plan accordingly. Avoid the situation altogether, right?
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Guys, you do recognize that you're taloking about a car?

When you drive it like hell you can let the devil park it.
tbd_Evora is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora