Ever worry about parking your Evora? - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackslayer View Post
I have worked very hard not to have any little 2 legged baby's lol
+1
Retsillacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #42 (permalink)

Back to topic: I even park the Evora in public parking garages at the airport and train stations. Always at a parking lot next to a wall though, but that pretty much does the trick, no dings.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #43 (permalink)

So today I drive the Evora down to Newport RI for dinner. I find a spot and have dinner with my wife. After dinner we go back to the car and find a Toyota RAV4 squeezed between my car and another. Out of all the spots in Newport, they decided to squeeze next to me. To make things worse, there was a note on my window (a sticky) that said "Learn how to park".

ngl1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl1145 View Post
So today I drive the Evora down to Newport RI for dinner. I find a spot and have dinner with my wife. After dinner we go back to the car and find a Toyota RAV4 squeezed between my car and another. Out of all the spots in Newport, they decided to squeeze next to me. To make things worse, there was a note on my window (a sticky) that said "Learn how to park".

Wow. The nerve of some people. You're clearly in the lines? Sounds like a jealous ******* to me. I'd lose my ****. I would have left a note back.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #45 (permalink)

Yes I was in the lines. It was a wide spot but if he wasn't careful there could be a nice chip on the door. The camera had a wide angle lens on it. If you saw it in person it was pretty close. Glad I walked away unscathed. I actually wouldn't have been as mad if the note wasn't stuck to my window.
ngl1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

I would have left a note "sorry, because you parked so close to me in a space that is not actually a space...I walked past your car and broke your mirror. Learn to park!" lol
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Premium Member

I would have waited for the phucker to come back to his RAV4. Then we would have had a "chat."
Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #48 (permalink)

Garage
The Evora's key was specially designed with a chiseled edge for keying cars that parked like this. . It's a very handy feature!
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #49 (permalink)

Maybe it was an European... Our standard parking spaces force you to park how he did, the space between the lines must be for trucks or busses?!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward View Post
I saw a car the other day that had a sleeve that came out of the trunk before closing it. I think the car was a Mercedes. Not sure if this was an aftermarket item or if it was built in. I think it's meant to avoid dings on the bumper for those who bump you trying to get out from behind you.. or something to that effect. I don't think it's very useful and probably more useful for driver/pass doors instead (if they could figure out how that would work).
You mean like the new Ford focus, Squid. A genius idea that every car should have as standard. See clip:
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #51 (permalink)

Wow, that might protect the edge of the Ford's door nicely, but I'd be pissed off if I saw somebody bashing their door against the side of mine like that!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #52 (permalink)

i know exactly where that is in newport..and frankly, having lived there, I'm not overly surprised.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will park and drive around these cars..I just think to myself "lord only knows what your insurance would say if you hit my car..."
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
You mean like the new Ford focus, Squid. A genius idea that every car should have as standard. See clip:
Ford Focus Door Edge Protector - YouTube
Quick! To the patent office!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #54 (permalink)

ironic that it is Ford that implemented that first...
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #55 (permalink)

Garage
That is great more cars should have that
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #56 (permalink)

I was parked @ Walmart last Friday - one side was a curb with trees in a grassy area, the other was the cart return taking up a space so I was solo - no one could park next to me. Someone decided to slam a shopping cart into the side of my car... Luckily it only hit the starshield and left a black mark I could easily wipe away - no dents, scratches, or marks at all after some Mothers quick detail.

Some people just need to not be let out of their houses without a handler.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #57 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
I would have waited for the phucker to come back to his RAV4. Then we would have had a "chat."
Ditto. That's total jealous BS.

I don't mind parking my Evora as long as I can keep it within eyesight, but mainly because it almost always leads to some really interesting conversations.

I only seem to get this on Long Island, but what bugs me more than parking or fear of vandalism is the number of meatheads in everything from 750i's (like last night) to slammed Hondas with fart cans on the tailpipe who want to race and then get hostile when you turn them down, or worse, don't even look at them. My particular favorite scenario which has happened more times than I can count is driving on the Long Island Expressway going a steady and non-challenging 75-80 and having some guy in the middle lane that's been passed take it as though you said something about his mother and he then erupts to 100+ and vanishes in the distance.

1977 Esprit S1 | 1983 Turbo Esprit Special Edition (#43/50) [sold] | 2012 Evora S | 2004 BMW 330xi
MoxieNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieNYC View Post
Ditto. That's total jealous BS.

I don't mind parking my Evora as long as I can keep it within eyesight, but mainly because it almost always leads to some really interesting conversations.

I only seem to get this on Long Island, but what bugs me more than parking or fear of vandalism is the number of meatheads in everything from 750i's (like last night) to slammed Hondas with fart cans on the tailpipe who want to race and then get hostile when you turn them down, or worse, don't even look at them. My particular favorite scenario which has happened more times than I can count is driving on the Long Island Expressway going a steady and non-challenging 75-80 and having some guy in the middle lane that's been passed take it as though you said something about his mother and he then erupts to 100+ and vanishes in the distance.
The only downside to having the loud exhaust I have is that all the civics and assorted ricers assume you want to race at every intersection. Twice now I have seen a cop pull one over for racing me when I wasn't even racing. Quality times.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Dang that ticks me off!!! I am mad just reading that!!

I absolutely would have waited... Or done what I have done in the past...

I was backing into a spot in a crowded parking lot on campus back in college.

I had followed the gal from the front to her car, as she had asked if I wanted her spot.

As I am backing in some dirt bag swooshes past nearly causing an accident on both fronts and parks, gets out, and leisurely walks away... I left a very very thoughtful, education letter written on a full sheet of paper on his car.

Best part, is I bet he had a smug look on his face until he tried to take it off...

Super glued it into the crease between the seal and the window, and super glued all of the edges to the window.

Same thing happened to me a few months later, but it was a girl in a little car. I calmly parked, walked up to her car where she was putting on make up, and asked her, "if you were in such a hurry to park, shouldnt you be running off to class? I just wanted to thank you for being a selfish twit and nearly cause an accident for this spot."

I waited for her to leave, then calmly towed her car into the middle of the lot, and let someone else park there.

I only wish I could have seen the look on her face when she got back.

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Podunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora