The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Evora 400 - $5000 off MSRP

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  brightoncorgi 
#1 ·
My local dealer (Lotus of Jacksonville) is advertising the car they have in stock for a $5K off of sticker. I believe this was a customer ordered car, however the buyer backed out of the deal. It is white w/ black pack and sitting in their showroom.

#2 ·
I think this is the car with VIN #1, yes?

#3 ·
So much for retail and ADM.

#4 ·
Is this the car that is being sold as "used"? If so that is the likely reason they have dropped the price from MSRP.

#7 ·
Its not exactly sports car season folks

#8 ·
This dealership now is offering "GET UP TO $6,000 OFF MSRP WHEN YOU FINANCE A NEW EVORA 400" I contacted them via email for info about this and someone named Christian Lukner replied with "well to get started please complete the credit application by visiting the link below:..." What??? I replied and said I just wanted an outline, no need for any sales tactics and he came back with "you need to call me then" Geez

No wonder Lotus West Covina get most of the business. It is all about good customer service skills for me and for my experience with World Imports USA (Lotus Jacksonville) and the feedback I got from friends about this place...PASS.

#10 ·
I had a similar experience with them while looking for my Elise. They had an 09 Yellow SC that I was interested in, and I asked if I could come down and check the car out, take it for a drive. Christian gave me some "You can only drive the car after you agree to buy it..." spiel, so I asked about the price. It was already listed 4-5k over comparable Elises, and more than I was willing to pay for it, so I asked what they would come down to. I get some other lame response about "The Elises are our babies, and we are firm on their prices." I told him thanks, but I'll pass, and he countered with a small discount, but only if I financed through them. I didn't bother to continue after that, so I don't know what those in-house financing terms look like. I guess someone must be buying their cars and dealing with them though :shrug:

#9 ·
You don't have to marry them. Check it out. If I was walking down the street and found 5 grand I would pick it up.
Might be a good deal.
I JUST BOUGHT 2011 Evora Base for $48K with 3K miles on it.
I bought my NEW 2007 EXIGE S off the showroom floor in early 2009 for $50K including tax and license.
Like a fool I sold it for $30 due to divorce. 2 years later it is worth twice.
I MISS MY EXIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
Evening,

No manuals in US yet. That's a euro spec car at Covina and not road legal. There are 3 or 4 in the country at dealers but are track only and euro spec. First manual deliveries expected mid January. We have several 400's in stock at the moment with more coming. If you're near Indianapolis, feel free to stop by! If not, we work with several great shipping companies and will arrange to ship to you.

Happy Turkey!

-Brian

#14 · (Edited)
Evening,

You are correct, they do have more than one manual. However, no new US spec manuals available for sale in the US at this time. Covina purchased the used press cars.

-Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.