Evora Supercharger Kit - Page 5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtin1000 View Post
That's great news. I was actually hoping somebody was gonna do a turbo kit instead of supercharging. I actually chatted with few guys on the toyota forum and they seem to like the turbo over the supercharging solution. If he manages to make anything close to 400HP for around 10K there will be lots of interest. At least i will be the first one in line to get my hands on one.I have about 6 or 7 month left on my warranty and i really honestly don't care so much about it anyways.
Turbo kit is much easier to build. There should be a shop in So cal that can pull off a build and tune for a reasonable price given enough deposits.

Have you called any of the respectable shops down in your neighborhood?
abechen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #82 (permalink)

don't know any place that i could actually trust or have seen any of their work before!!! Do you know of any place around here ?
ramtin1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #83 (permalink)

I would check with the guys that prototyped the original Katana supercharger for the Elise to see if they would do it. I think they are a Mazda shop.

Talk about Deja vu. Same discussion way back in 2005 for the Elise. Only difference is that forum is much more mild now.

Searched the archived and found their name.

Tri point

This maybe them: http://www.tripointengineering.com/

Who knows? Maybe they can do the Supercharger. Just need another shop to do the programming.

What happened to Sector 111? Were they not going to bring the PB charger stateside? Sorry, I just came back to the Forum after a long sabbatical.

Last edited by abechen; 03-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abechen View Post
What happened to Sector 111? Were they not going to bring the PB charger stateside? Sorry, I just came back to the Forum after a long sabbatical.
Supposedly, but they haven't said anything about it since the initial mention. I suspect whatever they come up with will be sold at a nice premium like everything else they sell for the Evora.
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #85 (permalink)

Last time i talked to sector111 they told me that they will check on the price and see exactly how much it will be but i never heard back.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #86 (permalink)

Has anyone tried to get a price for the Lotus supercharger kit? It supposedly contains all the components needed.

Part #ALS5E0148J
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #87 (permalink)

Not very likely that it is available as an aftermarket "kit" since it cannot be fitted to an N/A car without voiding the warranty.
'13 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design
JLSELISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSELISE View Post
Not very likely that it is available as an aftermarket "kit" since it cannot be fitted to an N/A car without voiding the warranty.
Any aftermarket supercharger/turbocharger "kit" is going to void something if it is found to have caused the damage. Lotus may eventually release one that's covered under warranty only if they sell enough Evoras and there is enough interest. My take is that there are too few Evora's sold to date for them to justify a kit covered under warranty let alone pursuing CARB exemption. If you choose to pursue a supercharger or a Turbo kit, your only option at this time would be an off road only kit.

So has anyone tried getting pricing on the Lotus supercharger kit designed specifically to convert the N/A Evora with the above Part#?

If not, I will call my dealer tomorrow and find out how much it would cost in US dollars.

Here is the link to the GTN catalogue with all sorts of parts to build your own GTN GT4. Sorry if it is a repost.

http://evorainfo.net/FileStore/PDFs/...nglePages).pdf
Old 03-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #89 (permalink)

I did already. They are finishing up the kit but the price is around 14K for the full kit including the new ECU!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #90 (permalink)

14k is pricey, can't wait to see numbers.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #91 (permalink)

I have a little update for everyone. Based on the last talk i had with my connection in australia i have negotiated the supercharger and the manifold price down to $6500. NOw that i have the main two elements i need to start looking for the remaining parts and see what else i need and how much in total they will be. I can't imagine other than the injectors there will be anything else that could add to the cost so much!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #92 (permalink)

Was that from Bullet. They never did ring me back
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #93 (permalink)

No, bullet will not sell to me. I have a family member there that has some good contacts, he's me connection
Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #94 (permalink)

Tom's Racing 2GR-FE

Don't know if it helps but Tom's Racing makes a supercharger kit for IS/GS350 which also use Toyota's 2GR-FE.

The kit seems pretty complete. Dunno how much mods would be required to make it fit on an Evora.

Here's the link to it:
http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/products....php?mprID=279

Oh yeah and could you add me your "interested" list too? I won't be owning any Evora in the near future but my dad probably will!

Last edited by Spr4ng; 05-08-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Grammatical error. Additionnal info
Spr4ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #95 (permalink)

Found another one, from HKS this time:

HKS SUPERCHARGER

This one uses a centrifuge-type supercharger very similar in appearance with a turbo. G-Power uses similar superchargers from Rotrex to extract some big numbers out of BMW engines.
Spr4ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #96 (permalink)

I think i'm set on the supercharger upgrade. Based on the last email I received from lotus racing , i'm confirmed on getting the first kit from them next month as soon as they finish fitting the oil coolers.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #97 (permalink)

Just wanted to update everybody on the progress of the supercharger system. I have finally make a break through with PBracing from Italy and they have a kit ready to go that I can purchase. I'm trying to do the final talks and make the purchase. This will be their 390HP kit. I'm also purchasing their racing clutch and 4LB flywheel. Can't wait to get my hand on this kit. If everything goes right i should have the kit in about 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #98 (permalink)

Sounds great ramtin! Will you be able to keep your CAI with the kit? Will you dyno your evora before install and after install? Also how much is the kit you are installing? Who will be installing the kit for you, a Lotus Dealership or an aftermarket garage you trust ? How much torque increase are PB racing offering with the kit ?
Lotus noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #99 (permalink)
alp
likes to rent cars.

Ramtin you crazy man you!

Keep us posted.
alp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #100 (permalink)

Based on what on heard from PBracing the Cold air intake i have might not work so i'm buying their carbon intake solution in case. The price of the kit for the supercharger, oil coolers, lighter flywheel and racing clutch including the tune will be around 12k. I think i'll be having Allen work on my car. They just recently left mohulland motorsports and started their own shop. They have a great reputation in the business and have done more projects on evora's than anybody else.
Regarding the dyno , last time i had the car on dyno it was making 276whp with all my mods. I'm thinking that my car will be making somewhere close to 425 since i have some other mods and complete free flow exhaust system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora