At the risk of this being a stupid question, how do you perform the update on the unit? or put another way How do I download the update to the unit?
Here is how to do the Alpine W900 update. It is very simple
See above for the link to the download and the manual.
1. download and unzip the update (it will have a pdf set of detailed instructions in it)
2. copy all unzipped files and the one folder to an SD card (at the root of the card not in a sub-folder so it can be recognized by the head unit)
3. open Alpine face and open little SD card slot next to CD (with your fingernail)
4. insert SD card, close the plastic slot cover and close front of unit
5. go to nav setup (wrench)(use brake/handbrake move to access setup menus)
6. find the nav update section (use page down button)(if files are not right the update button will not be lit/active)
7. tap the update button
8.ensure car is on (running is best so no timeout, i did it while warming in the dirveway)
9. wait for the confirmation dialog box saying successful update.
you do not need to reset/reboot the unit.
use the system section to verify your new version number.