I'm seeing stripes... - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 
LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
F1 SML8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 739
Thanks again guys and it was great meeting you as well Swisstex. BTW, I and a few other devoted Lotus guys usually hang at Cars and Coffee in Irvine if you ever go (every Sat. morning). We're usually in the second to last row.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User
 
swisstexelise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 SML8R View Post
Thanks again guys and it was great meeting you as well Swisstex. BTW, I and a few other devoted Lotus guys usually hang at Cars and Coffee in Irvine if you ever go (every Sat. morning). We're usually in the second to last row.
I usually try to go when I can but I have been busy lately.

I was bummed that I couldnt take it out this weekend cause of the rain

Will this Sat. be good to go? Thanksgiving weekend so I dont know if people will show or if you will be there....

Oh and I loved the sound of your exhaust when you left Friday it had a nice deep tone. I cant stop drooling over the stripe in the front!

-Chris
__________________
Lotus Elise -
2005 Yellow/ Sport Package/ Touring / Hard Top/ Soft Top/ Gut Rear Spoiler, Reverie CF Spolier , Reverie CF Diffuser, Reverie CF Side Scoops, Reverie CF Center Console, CF A/C Surround, Zoom CF Mirror, 4Tress Harness Bar, B&M Short Shifter, 4 Point Harness, Fire Extinguisher, Carpet Buttons, CRD Mount, Bemani Supercharger Running Strong, 2Bular GT3 Exhaust, BBS Rims, Vonhep Naked Look, Willwood Front BBK, Nitron Single Adjustable Coils... More coming....
swisstexelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
F1 SML8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 739
Swiss, we're pretty sure we'll be there this Sat., unless it rains again.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
swisstexelise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 SML8R View Post
Swiss, we're pretty sure we'll be there this Sat., unless it rains again.
Ok, sounds good see you there.


Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
__________________
Lotus Elise -
2005 Yellow/ Sport Package/ Touring / Hard Top/ Soft Top/ Gut Rear Spoiler, Reverie CF Spolier , Reverie CF Diffuser, Reverie CF Side Scoops, Reverie CF Center Console, CF A/C Surround, Zoom CF Mirror, 4Tress Harness Bar, B&M Short Shifter, 4 Point Harness, Fire Extinguisher, Carpet Buttons, CRD Mount, Bemani Supercharger Running Strong, 2Bular GT3 Exhaust, BBS Rims, Vonhep Naked Look, Willwood Front BBK, Nitron Single Adjustable Coils... More coming....
swisstexelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Closer than you think
 
GR82DRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 1,838
Garage
I also love the stripe, and the way it rounds the front badge. One of my favorite Lotus colors is polar blue and that liquid color is very close.

I'd like to see a similar stripe in the same color as the body but with more metal flake. This gives a subtle "phantom" silver effect that I think looks great.
__________________
2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
GR82DRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sheridan, IN
Posts: 54
stripe color

I have a Solar Yellow Evora. What stripe color do you think would look great?
I would usually pick black, but I don't think I would like the black stripe and the hood black grills together, too much black. I like the black hood grills and think a lighter color would keep the contrast. Would white be too light against the yellow? Other suggestions? I also want the edging option.
__________________
Dan
dasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Closer than you think
 
GR82DRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 1,838
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasto View Post
I have a Solar Yellow Evora. What stripe color do you think would look great?
I would usually pick black, but I don't think I would like the black stripe and the hood black grills together, too much black. I like the black hood grills and think a lighter color would keep the contrast. Would white be too light against the yellow? Other suggestions? I also want the edging option.
If you don't want too much contrast I think silver/aluminum or gunmetal flake would look nice with a black border...

If you don't mind contrast, royal blue or red would be nice primary colors, although red may look like the Ronald McDonald car is in town. Kelly green with a black border would be a nice homage to Lotus...
__________________
2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
GR82DRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
GuppyCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake Wallenpaupack, Pocono Mountains, PA
Posts: 1,709
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukhtar View Post
That looks great, excellent combination, an inspiration for future projects.
Exactly. I'm certainly taking inspiration from it if I end up striping my car someday.
__________________
2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener
GuppyCaptain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
F1 SML8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 739
Well for those of you that are inspired, you now have a pre-cut kit you can order at the KI Studios site.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sheridan, IN
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82DRV View Post
If you don't want too much contrast I think silver/aluminum or gunmetal flake would look nice with a black border...

If you don't mind contrast, royal blue or red would be nice primary colors, although red may look like the Ronald McDonald car is in town. Kelly green with a black border would be a nice homage to Lotus...
Thanks for the ideas. My wife thought of the green and the red, and I did think about the silver. I hadn't thought about royal blue but I need to give that some consideration. I'm also starting to think that orange with black edging might be OK.
__________________
Dan
dasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Plackslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasto View Post
I have a Solar Yellow Evora. What stripe color do you think would look great?
I would usually pick black, but I don't think I would like the black stripe and the hood black grills together, too much black. I like the black hood grills and think a lighter color would keep the contrast. Would white be too light against the yellow? Other suggestions? I also want the edging option.
You could get the Satin Guard type material and just matte out the yellow for your stripes for a subtle touch - I have thought about that for my Red.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sheridan, IN
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackslayer View Post
You could get the Satin Guard type material and just matte out the yellow for your stripes for a subtle touch - I have thought about that for my Red.
Hmmmm. Another good idea.
__________________
Dan
dasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
2011 chrome orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 SML8R View Post
Well for those of you that are inspired, you now have a pre-cut kit you can order at the KI Studios site.
I swore to myself that I would not do one mod to this car when I got it.
First, I got the front splitter, next I ordered up a Larini muffler with decat (still waiting for it to arrive), and now I'm seriously considering this stripe kit if I can decide on colors.

F1 SML8R, your car looks great!! Do you have Star Shield? If so, did they install it over the Star Shield or cut the Star Shield for installation?
2011 chrome orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Bobsy Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 SML8R View Post
Swiss, we're pretty sure we'll be there this Sat., unless it rains again.
How early do you have to get to C&C Irvine, to get a spot ?
It's an hour and a half drive up from SD.
Bobsy Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
F1 SML8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 739
@2011 Chrome Orange - I do have the full Starshield set-up. The stripes get laid right over it. My installer told me it's the best way to do it as you maintain the protection. Also, it only overlaps in the front lower clam area.

Bobsy - We're usually there by 6:30AM to ensure our usual row (2nd to last in the back). However, if you can commit to being there by 7AM, I'll save you a spot near us. However, much passed 7 and the natives start to get restless about people saving spaces that late.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sheridan, IN
Posts: 54
Stripes

Here is what I finally decided. Glad you can't look closely. I should have used a professional to install as I have a few bubbles. Doesn't help that it's cold in Indiana either!
Attached Images
   
__________________
Dan
dasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
2011 chrome orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasto View Post
Here is what I finally decided. Glad you can't look closely. I should have used a professional to install as I have a few bubbles. Doesn't help that it's cold in Indiana either!
Wow. I think they look great. If someone just mentioned the color combo to me, Iím not sure I would have liked it, but it really looks good in the pictures.

My stripe kit was delivered about a week ago, but Iím holding off for warmer weather to try to install it. I have installed some graphics before and in my (limited) experience, most bubbles will dissipate over time (Not sure how that happens but I assume it is because the vinyl breathes. Did you do the dry or wet install method?) Either way, I think yours came out terrific.
2011 chrome orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User
 
dasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sheridan, IN
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 chrome orange View Post
Wow. I think they look great. If someone just mentioned the color combo to me, Iím not sure I would have liked it, but it really looks good in the pictures.

My stripe kit was delivered about a week ago, but Iím holding off for warmer weather to try to install it. I have installed some graphics before and in my (limited) experience, most bubbles will dissipate over time (Not sure how that happens but I assume it is because the vinyl breathes. Did you do the dry or wet install method?) Either way, I think yours came out terrific.
I used the wet-method.
__________________
Dan
dasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
F1 SML8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 739
@Dasto, very small bubbling is normal. So, don't sweat it. All it needs is a few days in direct sunlight to bake off. It'll then really dry off in about a week or so. BTW, looks good!

@2011 Chrome Orange, what color combo did you order? Definitely post pics when you get it set-up.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
Elise Driver
 
Sarasota Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 166
some more stripes for ya'll


2012 Motorsport Green Evora S 2+2 by LotusSouthpointe, on Flickr
Sarasota Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.