Just picked up my Brand new 2012 EVORA IPS got a great deal - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #21 (permalink)

<<crickets>>
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Elise Driver

That was more of a function that there was a big change from the My11-12 models, that is not so from 12-13....
Sarasota Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasota Lotus View Post
So, you're saying you received a $20,500 discount? I'm finding that hard to believe (not saying it isn't true), care to share any proof?

I would buy more from Lotus if they could be had at that price....
Unfortunately some Lotus dealers are just dumping cars. It is too bad that Lotus does not do more to protect its dealers that sell lots of cars like Sarasota. Nissan protects its GTR sales and Ferrari protects its 458 sales by not letting lower volume dealers undercut.
I bought a MY11 Evora this summer for 20k off sticker as well, brand new from a dealer.
I wanted to buy from Max in SC or our new NC dealer as they are much closer but they could not even come close on price for obvious reasons.
C'est La Vie.
docjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhirowolf View Post
I know last February Lotus was giving some great deals on MY11( I got about $13k off sticker and was overjoyed) left on the lots, but I thought all the incentive expired in march of 2012. Could Lotus be doing incentives again? I thought the MY12 Evora production was extreamely limited.
There are no incentives now. I've been told that by several dealers. I've been trying to trade my n/a for an S and the best price I could get was $80K for an S (fully loaded by non-life style paint). I need to be at $70K.

Also, my local dealer offered $50K for my 2011 fully loaded n/a with life style paint and 12K miles. Same dealer offered $2K off a $95K 2013 Evora S IPS. That said, they've sold off most of their Evora inventory since I bought my car in October. They only have 1 S and 2 n/a and they're either 2012 and 2013s. So, they don't need to give their cars away.
Allan Gibbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #25 (permalink)

Some very interesting comments. Docjay, I like and trust my local dealer, but if I was in the market for a new car, it's tough to overcome a $20k difference!

Allan Gibbs, I feel your pain; it's unlikely that you will get the best price from a dealer on a trade-in. After all, they're in business to make money, and if people are trying to get used 2011's in the low-to-mid-$50's, it difficult for them to pay much more than $50k. The advantage is you don't have people coming to your house looking for a free ride in a Lotus.

Ferrari is just probably a different game, because they appeal to such a broad interest group, as opposed to us in the lunatic fringe
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Allan Gibbs, I feel your pain; it's unlikely that you will get the best price from a dealer on a trade-in. After all, they're in business to make money, and if people are trying to get used 2011's in the low-to-mid-$50's, it difficult for them to pay much more than $50k. The advantage is you don't have people coming to your house looking for a free ride in a Lotus.
Thanks. Considering I got my car for $55K, I don't feel too bad but I have taxes on top of that. I'm going to wait a few more months. I think I really like the 2013 S IPS because it's something my wife can drive (and the Evora already gets a + because my wife and 5 year old can come along). In the interim, I'm getting the Lotus sports exhaust added today. For now, I'll live with the extra 10+ hp.

As for private sales, I'd rather take a loss trading to a dealer. I've just had bad experiences with tire kickers looking to test drive a car. And, if/when they do come to pay, they say their short a few hundred dollars because "time's are tough" and know you won't walk away from the deal after they've wasted hours and for a few hundred dollars.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Ferrari is just probably a different game, because they appeal to such a broad interest group, as opposed to us in the lunatic fringe
Proud to be in the lunatic fringe
GuppyCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #28 (permalink)

Re: Just picked up my Brand new 2012 EVORA IPS got a great deal

I cant wait for the price to drop on the '10s, im hoping they hit 35-30 in a few years

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Garrett1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

Still nothing on either of the reported 2012 IPS deals.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Elise Driver

I figured as much....
Sarasota Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #31 (permalink)

Maybe the dealer thinks they will make back all the money from maintenance and warranty work? I got a ten grand discount but my car will probably earn the dealer back more than ten grand in work. My car is a good mine for any dealers service department
Joetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #32 (permalink)
Abe
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetz View Post
Maybe the dealer thinks they will make back all the money from maintenance and warranty work? I got a ten grand discount but my car will probably earn the dealer back more than ten grand in work. My car is a good mine for any dealers service department
Doubt it. The OP lives in southern California and did not buy there if indeed he did actually buy..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #33 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Still nothing on either of the reported 2012 IPS deals.
The day this thread started, I sent a PM to asking which dealer this was. Never received a response.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

I'm calling BS at this point on these supposed deals. Besides, Abe, I'm guessing you would know if there were any dealers on the verge of closing shop? Like I said earlier, when I was shopping in early 2012, SilverStar in thousand Oaks was closing up shop and I know they dumped about 3, possibly 4 units that they had sitting around for over a year and half. This is the only scenario where I could see this happening and I would imagine other Lotus dealers would know who they are as I would imagine they would be the first to be notified in case they wanted the leftover inventory.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
Abe
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 SML8R View Post
I'm calling BS at this point on these supposed deals. Besides, Abe, I'm guessing you would know if there were any dealers on the verge of closing shop? Like I said earlier, when I was shopping in early 2012, SilverStar in thousand Oaks was closing up shop and I know they dumped about 3, possibly 4 units that they had sitting around for over a year and half. This is the only scenario where I could see this happening and I would imagine other Lotus dealers would know who they are as I would imagine they would be the first to be notified in case they wanted the leftover inventory.
+1

There are no dealers on the verge of dumping the franchise but even if there were, under the dealer agreement (actually standard practice for any auto dealer franchise), the car manufacturer (in this case, Lotus) would be require to take back ALL the cars for invoice plus any incurred flooring cost...now why would a dealer lose over $10K when they can actually recoup their money and some? Just food for thought
Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #36 (permalink)

Just picked up my Brand new 2012 EVORA IPS got a great deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
+1

There are no dealers on the verge of dumping the franchise but even if there were, under the dealer agreement (actually standard practice for any auto dealer franchise), the car manufacturer (in this case, Lotus) would be require to take back ALL the cars for invoice plus any incurred flooring cost...now why would a dealer lose over $10K when they can actually recoup their money and some? Just food for thought

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by docjay View Post
Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
But, when in 2012 did you buy this car? I think the issue here is that there's no factory incentive for a dealer to sell a car at $60k at this time - especially a 2012 IPS. So, a dealer would be selling at a $10k loss at this time.

Back in October, I could have also bought a new 2011 Evora for $62k but I suspect there were incentive at that time since 2012s and 2013s were coming.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #38 (permalink)

DocJay-did you buy that from a dealer ditching the franchise?

if not then it isn't much surprise. If so then looks like they wanted to move it!..Lotus isn't coughing up in factory money for the 12s, whereas they were for 10s and 11s. I can say I saved quite a bit more than you off sticker docjay back in July (but on a 10) and in those dealings it was quite clear there was a lot of money and headroom on 10s and 11s, just not 12s as mentioned.
invictusmaneo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictusmaneo View Post
DocJay-did you buy that from a dealer ditching the franchise?

if not then it isn't much surprise. If so then looks like they wanted to move it!..Lotus isn't coughing up in factory money for the 12s, whereas they were for 10s and 11s. I can say I saved quite a bit more than you off sticker docjay back in July (but on a 10) and in those dealings it was quite clear there was a lot of money and headroom on 10s and 11s, just not 12s as mentioned.
I think it was first of September---I wanted a MY11, not a 2010 so was willing to pay more. I also wanted it brand new with fresh warranty start. I was happy with a brand new Evora for 60k flat. I also only wanted black pack so I was picky.
Bottom line is I think Lotus should regulate their sales better. We as the consumer would not get as good of a deal but in the long run it would be better for the company. This was literally my 6th Lotus so I am a diehard. I even contacted a Lotus exec. I know in GA to see if he could help out me get the car from my local dealer.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #40 (permalink)

Docjay, that's a great deal, but on a 2011. Many people got great deals on 2011's (me included). I'm calling BS on the supposed 2012 IPS deal that was originally listed.

Invictus, if you look carefully at the image, it's a MY11. Besides, I could tell it wasn't an IPS just by the MSRP. I don't think any IPS's came in under $80K MSRP.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora