Just picked up my Brand new 2012 EVORA IPS got a great deal - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #41 (permalink)

Jay-not criticizing and I agree sometimes the dealers ruin the system for lotus..world imports comes to mind

Carlos I saw it was an 11 just curious if it was from a closing dealer or not. There were only a handful, and most didn't blow out their inventory like the one you were looking at

All in all I think it was a mess at first as lotus was sorting their pricing and cars weren't moving fast. It's gotten better now and the prices are holding
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #42 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 SML8R View Post
I'm calling BS at this point on these supposed deals.
That would lead to my next question. What's the point of saying you bought a Evora for $60K when you really didn't. It's not like it's going to cause a dozen or more people to call their dealers AND actually get into a 2012 IPS for $60K. All they'd get is a "no". There are probably hundreds of people who would buy an Evora for $30K and if they all called the dealers, of course the answer's going to be no.

I think there's more likelihood of a dealer giving up the Lotus franchise (which Lotus would buy back the cars) than paying someone $10,000 to buy their cars.

I think the only possibility of getting a deal like that (with no factory incentive) is if you came on the last hours of the day when a high selling dealer needed to make one more sale to meet the quota for additional allocation. Being a high selling dealer, they'd loose the $10K but make it up with addition units sold. And, that would more likely happen with BMWs, Porches or Corvettes where dealers sell more volume. But I don't think that's as likely with Lotus.

On a side note, World Imports has limits. They're not going to give away cars either. Last week, I e-mailed them with an offer for their 2013 Evora S IPS at $70K ($25K off MSRP). I wasn't really expecting them to agree but on the plus side, Craig didn't laugh in my face with the offer. I was told the same thing. There are no factory incentives. Not to mention a 13 S IPS is the big fish right now. And, did I mention my local dealer offered $2K off their 2013 Evora S IPS? And, since I'm going to be at Scottsdale Lotus today or tomorrow to pick up my car, I'll ask them if they'd sell one of their 2012 for $20K off MSRP. I'm pretty sure they'll tell me the same thing.

So, I don't see the point is making fake claims. If you want a IPS for $60K, then wait for the next factory incentives.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Allan Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #43 (permalink)
Abe
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjay View Post
Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Hi Docjay, I noticed you're showing me a contract for a 2011 which is NOT what I was referring to...besides, Lotus had MAJOR money back on those cars and the fact you mentioned black pack, proves my point as those cars were the ones with big $$ back...trust me, the dealer did not lose any money on that deal but it was still a great deal nonetheless.

I'm referring to the OP supposed deal on a MY12 which I know now is not the case..
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #44 (permalink)

I've been searching for two months now to get into an Evora or S at a good deal. This scares me. Cars are never good investments (I've had plenty new cars lose 20K value over a few years) so that's why I decided to find a low mileage used Evora.

I have seen a couple 2011 Evora's go for under 50K and 2011 S go for right under 60K.
I have neer seen a 2012, S or not, go for anything less that 75K brand new.

If it's real - awesome deal OP. I am not sure how you think you will lose money? You bought the car at a 15-20K discount. Driving it for a few years, it will probably yield you the same price as your purchase price.

Hook another LotusTalk member up and find me a manual 2011 S for under 60K or a 2012 S for under 70K I'll even through you some bread if you make it happen :P
vyruz reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #45 (permalink)

Hi Docjay, 2011 was a strange year for Lotus. Certain cars depending when they were punched by the dealer received a 10k incentive back from invoice. The NA 2011 Evora,s had a MSRP that was about 6 to 8.5k above dealer invoice depending on options. So your car was $76,670 with your invoice being around 68,704. Then – 10k dealer incentive your dealer made about 1,300 on the deal. Another thought: The car sat for a long time and if you purchased it in 2013 the dealer paid additional taxes for the new year so his loss would have been greater. I think you received a good deal but then again it’s a 2011 NA Evora. Remember we are in 2013 and your cars true market value is only worth what a low mileage 2011/NA is worth today. According to recent trade in values, that would put it at about 50 to 56k tops. If you had to sell it next month and you wanted to get close to your 60k you would need to find a retail buyer.

Last edited by fasttoys; 01-30-2013 at 11:59 PM.
fasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttoys View Post
Hi Docjay, 2011 was a strange year for Lotus. Certain cars depending when they were punched by the dealer received a 10k incentive back from invoice. The NA 2011 Evora,s had a MSRP that was about 6 to 8.5k above dealer invoice depending on options. So your car was $76,670 with your invoice being around 68,704. Then 10k dealer incentive your dealer made about 1,300 on the deal. Another thought: The car sat for a long time and if you purchased it in 2013 the dealer paid additional taxes for the new year so his loss would have been greater. I think you received a good deal but then again its a 2011 NA Evora. Remember we are in 2013 and your cars true market value is only worth what a low mileage 2011/NA is worth today. According to recent trade in values, that would put it at about 50 to 56k tops. If you had to sell it next month and you wanted to get close to your 60k you would need to find a retail buyer.
Sold it three months ago to someone that had no idea Lotus values were in flux
I got an offer I could not refuse! Drove the car 1100 miles and made some cash!
Hey, at least the Evora is not like my buddy's Dinan M6 that he has $125k in and is trying to sell at $60k now!
Bottom line is most cars are not "investments" or "daily drivers" despite what we tell our wives
docjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #47 (permalink)

totally agree...that's why you purchase one that puts a smile on YOUR face..then if it makes a bit of money, all the better! Hop into the next one that puts a bigger smile on your face!
invictusmaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey, at least the Evora is not like my buddy's Dinan M6 that he has $125k in and is trying to sell at $60k now!
Bottom line is most cars are not "investments" or "daily drivers" despite what we tell our wives
See if he will got 45 on the M6 then call me
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #49 (permalink)

docjay, I think you got a great deal , regardless of what the market is now, because you got a new car, and even if you got mid-$50s on a trade now, your depreciation hit is minor; in fact, it's almost nil because it has only cost you $500 a month to enjoy your $76k car. Also, how did you manage a deal that has no sales tax? It doesn't matter who took the hit, but Lotus ate $10k, and the dealer made only a very small profit. It looks like this deal was sometime in '12, so your car was only 1 model year old at the time. If someone wants to sell me a brand-new 2011 Evora (I mean actually new, like you got, not just "technically" new, like an untitled demo with 500 carefully driven, i.e., smoked clutch and tire-squealing miles, or a warranty punched car, etc. for $60k, I'd be interested!).
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea The BMW M5 & M6 V10 dont hold values at all. My 07 had an MSRP of 96k today the car is worth 33k with 50k miles. I bought it used/certified with 22,000 miles for 49k. The V10 is a lot of fun and the last high Rev motor from BMW thanks to the EPA reglations. When I buy a new car I always start at invoice and stop at 1k over - any incentives. If they say NO I will eventuly find someone to say yes.
fasttoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #51 (permalink)

Garage
So, whatever happened to HeatFan. Never found out what dealership he got his car from.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #52 (permalink)

He/She did not respond to my PM, and I know at least one other LT'er who sent a PM.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

Heatfan isn't responding, because it never happened. I guess claiming to buy a '12+ Evora with a 20k+ discount is the latest trolling angle.
F1 SML8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #54 (permalink)

Garage
Well, saying you got one for $60k (or other unrealistic number) isn't going to motive the other dealers to sell their. That's like the worst negotiation tactic ever. You just piss off the dealers who would have given you a good deal.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora