Lotus of West Covina No Longer Servicing Lotus Cars - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Lotus of West Covina No Longer Servicing Lotus Cars

I was told today (5/20/17) that "Lotus of West Covina is no longer servicing Lotus cars as of a couple of days ago". I was extremely disappointed when Eduardo, the Lotus technician, recently left the dealership to work for another vehicle manufacturer since he was by far the best customer service person that I've done business with anywhere. It's a dark day. Any suggestions for other service providers? I previously used Galpin, but they are far and much more costly, plus certainly not as thorough as was Eduardo and Lotus of West Covina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:05 PM
KCZ

Garage
This is surprising. How can they continue to sell Lotus cars without servicing them? Here's hoping you just got misinformation from some uninformed employee.

2011 Evora S 2+2 in Persian Blue with Oyster
2003 350Z, Track edition
2013 Boxster S 981
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:34 PM

So they're just "of West Covina" now? Or are they switching brands?
p0verty, me73, oohwha and 1 others like this.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:52 PM

My local dealer (Ron Tonkin in Wilsonville OR) also stopped a few months back. Now the closest is 3-4 hours away

2011 Evora S - Carbon Grey
2014 Chevy Volt (DD)
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM

Lotus really needs to get that new Elige out. Only having the Evora 4XX until 2020 is going to suck for a lot of dealers.
surferpkt and phaphaphooey like this.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhicks View Post
I was told today (5/20/17) that "Lotus of West Covina is no longer servicing Lotus cars as of a couple of days ago". I was extremely disappointed when Eduardo, the Lotus technician, recently left the dealership to work for another vehicle manufacturer since he was by far the best customer service person that I've done business with anywhere. It's a dark day. Any suggestions for other service providers? I previously used Galpin, but they are far and much more costly, plus certainly not as thorough as was Eduardo and Lotus of West Covina.

That's crazy since today is 5-19-17, you must have ESPN or something

That is sad as many dealerships just can't keep it up nor want to.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_mr2 View Post
My local dealer (Ron Tonkin in Wilsonville OR) also stopped a few months back. Now the closest is 3-4 hours away
Howdy neighbor, I'm also in Hillsboro...Park Place in Bellevue is pretty awesome though. Just a haul to get up there.
nw_mr2 likes this.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:42 PM

Stay away from Lotus (Rolls-Royce) of Orange County.

When I called and left a message for their service writer (Freddy), I was totally blown off; so I showed up to the dealership in person and I was told I'm no uncertain terms the didn't want the business.
Freddy said he only has one tech that works on Lotuses and he "doesn't really like working on them." They said I should call the dealership in West Covina as they "like dealing with Lotus enthusiasts."

After the way I was spoken to, I will never go back there again. 👎
BACH1K likes this.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:51 PM

It is sad.

I pretty much do all of the maintenance work on my Exige myself, now, because of the lack of dealer support. A key factor when I bought it (new in 2006) was dealer support, but that imploded just a few years later rather unexpectedly.

2006 Exige - Phantom Black
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 PM

OMGeez... This sucks for SoCal I bought my Evora S form West Covina. I received it with a few common issues; sub amp blown, etc.. After bringing the car in to check the issues they gave me the car back a week later dirty, the battery all out and the dash taken apart and wires all hanging out... didn't eve put it back together before giving it back(not sure how they thought that was ok) then told me 10 weeks to get parts :/
I took my car to Orange County they had it fixed in a week, plus gave me a loaner car. I stayed with them for all my services since and currently have nearly 40k on the car. James is the Mechanic and always did a great job. My last visits however were different... I took the car in for maintenance and to have a wheel refinished -Didnt get it back for 7 weeks!!(but had a loaner so only slightly annoyed. Then hit 36k and wanted to get final warranty work done and needed maintenance, so reluctantly took it back... After I dropped the car off(with Freddy who just took over the service department) I was told they don't give loaners to Lotus owners any more. I live about an hour and a half away and had no one with me so spent the next 6 hours at the Irvine Spectrum- When I got the car back with no warranty work done(didn't have time they said) I was told they don't want to deal with Lotus's any more- That Lotus have too many issues with no support and they loose money every time they work on one and it takes their mechanic off a car they can make money on... And basically they weren't happy I was there didn't want me back- I wasn't happy I was there either and will never go back and never buy a car from them ever! Ugh, sorry for the rant... but What do we do now?

2014 Aspen White Evora S IPS -Larini valved exhaust, de-res pipe and black tips, Komotec CAI, Nitron singles w/Eibach custom spring rates, H&R 11mm spacers, GT4 wing, Barge boards, CF canards, CF A frames, CF side scoops, Alpine type R Mids, Tweets, and Sub w/JL Audio amp
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:15 PM
MY11 Evora S

This is really a problem for Lotus USA. They should really consider allowing independent shops with good reputations to take over warranty work for Lotus. The Lotus dealerships by in large do not have the service volume that the indie shops do and therefore struggle to justify a technician for Lotus. I had a less than satisfactory experience at Board Walk Lotus up in Redwood City. The dealer would rather focus on their volume cars rather than the niche Lotus.
I would take my car to Dietsch Motorsports in a minute if they could do warranty work. When my warranty runs out, I certainly will.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 01:55 PM

Then who the heck is Sage Lotus, at the same address?
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Then who the heck is Sage Lotus, at the same address?
Sage is Lotus of West Covina
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:26 PM

Looks like they have got 8 Evora 400s on their site, hope they plan to tell the buyers they will get no service
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 06:08 PM

Garage
Sorry to here that.

I was there once, customer service was excellent (although they didn't find the issue).

I would go again for routine service, didn't mind to pay premium rate, but despite my suggested multiple times to have a proper waiting area - coffee / snacks, they didn't care, and I didn't go again.

Instead I went to A1 in Alhambra. Not so fancy, but they fixed my year old steering issue, and did full fluid service. The price was fair, and it's closer to my home.

While this place doesn't look any better than a gas station garage, these guys KNOWS Lotus.
brgelise and BACH1K like this.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDuc View Post
This is really a problem for Lotus USA. They should really consider allowing independent shops with good reputations to take over warranty work for Lotus. The Lotus dealerships by in large do not have the service volume that the indie shops do and therefore struggle to justify a technician for Lotus. I had a less than satisfactory experience at Board Walk Lotus up in Redwood City. The dealer would rather focus on their volume cars rather than the niche Lotus.
I would take my car to Dietsch Motorsports in a minute if they could do warranty work. When my warranty runs out, I certainly will.
iDuc, trackspec autosports in freemont is very good place to service your lotus

2014 Lotus Evora - Solar Yellow 2-0 (MT)
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 12:13 AM
alp
likes to drive fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhicks View Post
Damn that's too bad. Abe originally was brought there to build up the Lotus brand. But he left for Maserati.

I have had good experiences with Galpin Lotus. Talk to John Alavazo. jalavazo@galpin.com
Zen Dude and redlotus like this.

2009 Exige S260
2011 Evora [sold]
2005 Elise [sold]
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 03:44 AM

WOW, I bought parts there. They had become my go to source due to Abe. So he switched to the poseurs's brand?

16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-->stunning
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
15 Lincoln MKC Reserve Ruby Red, Sand. Sleeper
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather (LUCY)
08 Isuzu Ascender Lux Flint Grey, Grey leather
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 05:26 AM

I had a bad alarm module, so Harry from A1 took my car to Lotus of WC, and they fixed it for half the cost of the Galpin estimate.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 01:38 PM
KCZ

Garage
Abe is gone? When did that happen?

2011 Evora S 2+2 in Persian Blue with Oyster
2003 350Z, Track edition
2013 Boxster S 981
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.