My baby is on it's way!!!! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My baby (MY11 S) is on it's way!!!!

My Phantom Black MY11 S just got loaded on an enclosed trailer on the way to Florida from Utah!! I've waited two weeks after the purchase for it to finally be picked up. Feels good and I cannot wait!! I have never owned a lotus before and my previous cars are a 98 z28 convertible, 2002 mustang gt convertible, 2002 clk55 amg, 08 infiniti g37 coupe and a 2010 lexus is250c convertible. I can't believe I am going to own an Evora but it is really happening. What was the first day like when your vehicle arrived? The anticipation is killing me. My 30th bday was last week so this is going to be a great way for me to bring in the 30's!

Last edited by ddotderek; 11-07-2012 at 06:39 PM.
ddotderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddotderek View Post
My Phantom Black MY11 S just got loaded on an enclosed trailer on the way to Florida from Utah!! I've waited two weeks after the purchase for it to finally be picked up. Feels good and I cannot wait!! I have never owned a lotus before and my previous cars are a 98 z28 convertible, 2002 mustang gt convertible, 2002 clk55 amg, 08 infiniti g37 coupe and a 2010 lexus is250c convertible. I can't believe I am going to own an Evora but it is really happening. What was the first day like when your vehicle arrived? The anticipation is killing me. My 30th bday was last week so this is going to be a great way for me to bring in the 30's!

Good lord.... Lucky man !!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Garrett1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well, you have owned some nice cars.

But you need to get to the store before you new car shows up and buy some socks, because its going to knock your socks off.

After the fist day of driving the Lotus, you will look back at your other cars and think; "I have owned some nice cars, now I own something remarkable!"

Enjoying Lotus performance because of its nature, not because of its quantity
doug_porsche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
Well, you have owned some nice cars.

But you need to get to the store before you new car shows up and buy some socks, because its going to knock your socks off.

After the fist day of driving the Lotus, you will look back at your other cars and think; "I have owned some nice cars, now I own something remarkable!"
I believe it. I can't wait to get on that first on-ramp so I can see what she is all about, should be a great day! & Garrett I feel blessed, it's amazing what a car can do haha.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd be more concerned with the drive scuffing up stuff getting in and out

Congrats!

I've only had my Elise 2.5 years, but I'm itching to get an Evora. I haven't even S/C'ed the Elise yet!

2008 Lotus Elise | Storm TI | Touring Pack | A/C Insulation Mod | Aluminum Carpet Buttons | JBL GTO Series Speakers | Alpine iDA_X100 | LIDbone | darthHOLDER | re-ENFORCER | Aggie and Pittsburgh Penguins Sticker |
Shirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Sweet! Happy Bday, bro. The 30s are a great decade in life and what a way to start it! I SORT OF sympathize with your wait for the car. I ordered mine and have five more months to wait. Oh hang on, never mind. I see that you're in FL. So you're getting your car in two weeks AND get to enjoy it the whole winter long?! Yeah, no sympathy

May I ask how much you were able to snag enclosed carrier transport for from UT to FL?
GuppyCaptain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
Sweet! Happy Bday, bro. The 30s are a great decade in life and what a way to start it! I SORT OF sympathize with your wait for the car. I ordered mine and have five more months to wait. Oh hang on, never mind. I see that you're in FL. So you're getting your car in two weeks AND get to enjoy it the whole winter long?! Yeah, no sympathy

May I ask how much you were able to snag enclosed carrier transport for from UT to FL?
Thanks bro, the 30's should be the best years of my life and it's already starting to look like it. I also live 40 mins from Miami Beach if that makes you feel any worse Waiting 5 months must be tough but it's gonna more than worth it in the end. Enclosed transport cost me $1500, $150 is what the broker charged me and $1350 is what the driver charged me. The driver would have charged me $1200 instead of $1350 but he had to go out of his way to Logan to get the car. A little high but at the end of the day Open would have cost me $850 and the extra $650 isn't a lot of coin when you're purchasing a car who's MSRP is between 80 & 90k so I sucked it up.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirp View Post
I'd be more concerned with the drive scuffing up stuff getting in and out

Congrats!

I've only had my Elise 2.5 years, but I'm itching to get an Evora. I haven't even S/C'ed the Elise yet!
Thanks! My motto is just pull the trigger haha! The Elise is a beautiful car so I'm sure there is no rush...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Thanks bro, the 30's should be the best years of my life and it's already starting to look like it. I also live 40 mins from Miami Beach if that makes you feel any worse Waiting 5 months must be tough but it's gonna more than worth it in the end. Enclosed transport cost me $1500, $150 is what the broker charged me and $1350 is what the driver charged me. The driver would have charged me $1200 instead of $1350 but he had to go out of his way to Logan to get the car. A little high but at the end of the day Open would have cost me $850 and the extra $650 isn't a lot of coin when you're purchasing a car who's MSRP is between 80 & 90k so I sucked it up.
That's a little steep, but like you said. It's worth the extra coin when you're talking a car who's MSRP is what it is. 40 mins from MB and the owner of an Evora? Ahhh my friend, life is good! Just promise to post your "adventures" if you know what I mean. Have fun you lucky SOB.
GuppyCaptain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

niceeeeeeeee! congrats!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Welcome to the "club". I still get a kick out of mine every time I get in it and I still get lots of looks and stares and finger pointing when I drive through town. Also amazed at how many people whip out their cell phones and snap photographs as we drive by them
TXBRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

I waited 3 weeks to get mine.... I've never been so impatient before. Ahhh I can remember it now.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

Congrats! I was 20 when I bought my Elise (I'm 22 now) hopefully by the time Im 30 I will have had enough success to get an Evora, or new Esprit if Lotus can hang on a few more years!
Make sure to enjoy it
1993 M3 - Sold
2005 Elise - Sold
2013 Veloster Turbo - Daily
tonymaples806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

That is great news, Black is a great color on the Evora. Is it a 2+2 or 2+0? and what color is the interior?
Ron
2011 Lotus Evora 2+0
Ron Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Also got my 1st Lotus when I turned 30. Congrats, the Evora S is such a phantastic car and even I would know some nice roads in Utah which will be fun...!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I paid $1375 for enclosed shipping from NH to CA dude!

But congrats lol love it in black
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Avery View Post
That is great news, Black is a great color on the Evora. Is it a 2+2 or 2+0? and what color is the interior?
Ron
It's charcoal interior, wasn't my first choice but I got such a good deal on the car that it didn't even matter. It's a 2+0, the only way to go!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
That's a little steep, but like you said. It's worth the extra coin when you're talking a car who's MSRP is what it is. 40 mins from MB and the owner of an Evora? Ahhh my friend, life is good! Just promise to post your "adventures" if you know what I mean. Have fun you lucky SOB.
I will definitely post my "adventures". The funny thing is, I can tell you about stories picking up some European tourists in my drop top Lexus, I can't imagine what is going to happen in the Lotus! I have the 2+0 configuration so things should get interesting if you know what I mean
Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Welcome and enjoy. She's sex on wheels!!
08 Isuzu Ascender Lux Flint Grey, Grey leather
brgelise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
It's charcoal interior, wasn't my first choice but I got such a good deal on the car that it didn't even matter. It's a 2+0, the only way to go!
Don't be so hasty with that comment. The 2+2 is just as useful, if not more so.. I have a "leather" parrcel shelf when I need it and also can fit my 5'10" wife in the back for a short journey when needed if my 6'3" son and me (6'2") are in the front. She's a good woman.
TXBRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora