Need some help!!! 1 Key lost, 1 not working - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

15Likes
  • 2 Post By Mobius97
  • 2 Post By 2011 chrome orange
  • 2 Post By Mobius97
  • 2 Post By KCZ
  • 7 Post By rossab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Need some help!!! 1 Key lost, 1 not working

Hey guys,

I've got an issue. Somehow my key fell out of my bag during a business trip. My car is now in the parking garage at the airport and I can't disable the immobilizer to drive it home.

I have the second key, but the unlock button doesn't work. There isn't any "click" action on the button when it's pressed.

I've taken the FOB apart and it looks pretty simple. Does anyone know if I can bridge the connections on either side of the button to make it work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

photo
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:01 AM

There is a cylinder in the drivers door, then when you get in you have to do the sequence with the key in the ignition "if" you know your car's PIN

Lotus S4 Turbo
Evora

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 AM

First off, I know it may sound silly but have you changed the battery? Even a weak battery can cause the fob not to work at all. If you have and it is still not working you will need to call a Lotus dealer and get your PIN. ;You may have the PIN written in your owners manual and would need to follow the emergency disarm/immobiliser steps.
brgelise and Lckitty like this.

2005 Elise- Katana II S/C with other fun bits
2011 Evora NA - Daily Driver
2014 Acura MDX aka The Family Wagon
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 AM

You can manually insert the key you have in the door to open it. Then use the 5 digit PIN to bypass the immobilizer and start the car.
If you don't know the PIN, try calling your dealer for help. (PIN came with keys presented to original owner). Here's the process:

"If the key transmitter is damaged or fails to function, and a spare key is not available, the alarm systemís unique sPecific Identification Number (PIN) may be used to disarm the alarm provided that access is available to the cabin:

- Turn on the ignition. The alarm tell tale will light.
- If the alarm is armed, accessing the cabin, or turning on the ignition will trigger the alarm until completion of this emergency process.
- Within 10 seconds, turn the ignition off; the tell tale will begin to flash.
- After a number of flashes corresponding to the first digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Note that the first flash may not be of full duration (but is still to be counted). Note that 10 flashes correspond to a zero digit.
- Turn off the ignition and after a number of flashes corresponding to the second digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Repeat this process until all 5 digits have been completed. If, at any stage of the process, a number is entered incorrectly, the system will immediately revert to the start, so that the whole PIN must be re-entered.
- If the PIN is entered correctly, the alarm will now be overridden and the engine mobilised. However, automatic immobilisation will still occur after an ignition off time of 40 seconds, requiring a repeat of the above procedure to mobilise. Note that automatic re-arming of the alarm and automatic door locking cannot occur until a working transmitter is used to operate the alarm."
9and3 and Lckitty like this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 AM

Here are the steps:

Emergency Disarming/Mobilising
If the key transmitter is damaged or fails to function, and a spare key is not available, the alarm systemís unique sPecific Identification Number (PIN) may be used to disarm the alarm provided that access is available to the cabin:
- Turn on the ignition. The alarm tell tale will light.
- If the alarm is armed, accessing the cabin, or turning on the ignition will trigger the alarm until completion of this emergency process.
- Within 10 seconds, turn the ignition off; the tell tale will begin to flash.
- After a number of flashes corresponding to the first digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Note that the first flash may not be of full duration (but is still to be counted). Note that 10 flashes correspond to a zero digit.
- Turn off the ignition and after a number of flashes corresponding to the second digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Repeat this process until all 5 digits have been completed. If, at any stage of the process, a number is entered incorrectly, the system will immediately revert to the start, so that the whole PIN must be re-entered.
- If the PIN is entered correctly, the alarm will now be overridden and the engine mobilised. However, automatic immobilisation will still occur after an ignition off time of 40 seconds, requiring a repeat of the above procedure to mobilise. Note that automatic re-arming of the alarm and automatic door locking cannot occur until a working transmitter is used to operate the alarm.
9and3 and Lckitty like this.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 AM

^^ a bunch of like minds...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:25 AM
KCZ

Garage
Make a copy/photo/screenshot of the above procedure and store it in your phone along with the PIN so you'll have it with you.

2011 Evora S 2+2 in Persian Blue with Oyster
2003 350Z, Track edition
2013 Boxster S 981
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I don't have the pin, unless it's in the owners manual (which is in the car). It's a 45 min drive there, so I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. If I can't find it, I'm going to try bridging the circuit board on the remote. If that doesn't work I'll call the dealer to get the pin.

In terms of getting some additional keys. Do they have to come from the dealer or is there a better place to get them?
Attached Images

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:37 AM

Call up a dealer with your VIN and they may be kind enough to give you the PIN

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Just call a Lotus dealer to get the PIN. For replacement, you can buy from the dealer or buy the fob/blade from places that sell OEM lotus parts like W. Coast Covina or the lotus garage. Fob: PN is A132M6099S, cut blade: PN A132H0056S, uncut blade PN B132H0018S.

Example: My Lotus Garage

No matter what you are going to need the PIN to program the new fob.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:10 AM

I've gone through two keys because the circuit board goes bad. Luckily you can buy the alarm module piece separate from the key, and it isn't too terribly expensive. I screenshotted my PIN and info, as well as emailed it to myself. You need to know it to program a new key as well.

'10 Chrome Orange Evora
3020 lbs wet, 285 whp, grins for miles
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Just got my PIN from the from Gator Motorsports in Indy. Props to them, they were super awesome to work with.

Once my wife gets home I'm going to head to the airport to pick up the car.

I looked at the extra keys from lotus garage... If you get a cut key, do they just need your VIN to cut the key?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossab View Post
I looked at the extra keys from lotus garage... If you get a cut key, do they just need your VIN to cut the key?
I believe they need the key cutting code, which a dealer should be able to look up based on your VIN. Any automotive locksmith that cuts keys for older Jaguars should be able to do so off your existing keys.

2011 Evora NA - Phantom Black | Paprika | MT | 2+2
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:07 AM

You can buy the spare key alarm button module without a key section if you need as well, so then you don't have to worry about getting a key cut. It's noticeably cheaper for that, since you have the key for one of yours
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Just a heads up in case someone else is in the rare situation that there unlock button isn't working... I bridged the connections in the photo above with a small piece of wire and it worked.
brgelise, 9and3, azac and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.