Price Check? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Price Check?

Hi all!

I've been a lurker here for a while but have recently started seriously considering my first Lotus. I have mainly been looking at NA 2011 Evoras but then I stumbled across this listing. I'm kind of stumped! The only other S I have seen at this price point had a salvage title. The mileage is a little high but it still looks like a screaming deal. Is anything jumping out at your guys about this? It has been listed for a while...This is not local to me but I would be willing to travel if it's legit. My main problem is that the closest dealer is over 200 miles away; I'm not sure how I could get a PPI done.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerNotGood View Post
Hi all!

I've been a lurker here for a while but have recently started seriously considering my first Lotus. I have mainly been looking at NA 2011 Evoras but then I stumbled across this listing. I'm kind of stumped! The only other S I have seen at this price point had a salvage title. The mileage is a little high but it still looks like a screaming deal. Is anything jumping out at your guys about this? It has been listed for a while...This is not local to me but I would be willing to travel if it's legit. My main problem is that the closest dealer is over 200 miles away; I'm not sure how I could get a PPI done.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Sorry to disappoint, but I snatched this up on Tuesday (I got an autotrader alert Tuesday morning). I can't explain the price, it's in excellent condition and has been serviced at a local dealer its whole life (I'm the third owner). My only guess is that the dealer ran the VIN, saw "2011 Lotus Evora", and price comp'd against the NA. And maybe the PO traded it in for way under what it was worth.

FWIW, I've only seen one other S priced under 40k. It was a clean title '10 or '11 with 40-50k miles IIRC, but had been repainted. It was sold by Wirewheel, if you search the "cars for sale" subforum, I believe the ad is still up. Good luck in your search, the Evora is an awesome car.

2011 Evora S - Carbon Grey
2014 Chevy Volt (DD)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw_mr2 View Post
Sorry to disappoint, but I snatched this up on Tuesday (I got an autotrader alert Tuesday morning). I can't explain the price, it's in excellent condition and has been serviced at a local dealer its whole life (I'm the third owner). My only guess is that the dealer ran the VIN, saw "2011 Lotus Evora", and price comp'd against the NA. And maybe the PO traded it in for way under what it was worth.

FWIW, I've only seen one other S priced under 40k. It was a clean title '10 or '11 with 40-50k miles IIRC, but had been repainted. It was sold by Wirewheel, if you search the "cars for sale" subforum, I believe the ad is still up. Good luck in your search, the Evora is an awesome car.
This makes me immensely sad congrats on the steal, though. Those were my thoughts exactly, that they compared it against NA prices...good thing I didnt book my flights to go look at it!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:47 PM

I have been on this forum for a while and other auto websites. Great deals pop up every now and then. So you have to be quick like nw_mr2 to get a steal. I have seen Evoras under 40k, low miles Exige 260S for low 50s, and low miles Elise for low 20s. There are always sellers that want a quick sale. If you are out of town, you would want to make a deposit so the seller hold the car for you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM

Garage
Remember that low cost does not always mean a good deal though. Don't get too hasty pulling the trigger on any of these cars without doing due diligence.

2010 Evora, Solar Yellow
2011 Elise R, Ardent Red
2012 Fiat 500 C, Bianco Perla, Bordeaux Top, 5 spd
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypaspazz View Post
Remember that low cost does not always mean a good deal though. Don't get too hasty pulling the trigger on any of these cars without doing due diligence.

Couldnt agree more.

I went way above my budget to pick up my 2014 S. The only reason I did was because it was a phenomenal deal for the car it is. If I had not, then I would have hated myself. The wife agreed and I pulled the trigger.

I was looking for an Evora for the past 18 months. My 1 yr annv of being on this forum was March 2017.

Take your time.... there are plenty of Evora's out there. The right one will come along.

2014 Autumn Bronze Evora S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.