Radium CAI Issue - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaturekris View Post
Word gets around.... Not everything is posted on this forum....

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
creaturekris, now would be a good time to save what dignity you had left. You're clearly not adding value to this thread. OP clearly stated in his initial post to contact him directly via PM, instead of filling the thread with drama. You clearly have no issue with the Radium CAI, which voids you from any relevant input here.

OP is right, there have been some issues identified, and is simply trying to gather information from others who may have exhibited similar symptoms.
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Such moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post

That said, I disagree that the risk is with the owner when he modifies a car. I
Honestly I have to agree here. If you buy a tuned ecu, and blow the motor a week later because it was a crappy tune and it ran incredibly lean, how would that be the fault of the owner? What if you buy an intake, and there is bad weld on a part of it somewhere, and it comes apart and a small piece gets sucked into the intake/motor and destroys the valve train. How would that be the owners fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2pher View Post
creaturekris, now would be a good time to save what dignity you had left. You're clearly not adding value to this thread. OP clearly stated in his initial post to contact him directly via PM, instead of filling the thread with drama. You clearly have no issue with the Radium CAI, which voids you from any relevant input here.

OP is right, there have been some issues identified, and is simply trying to gather information from others who may have exhibited similar symptoms.
Yeah, not sure why he is in here bashing OP.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330ciandr6 View Post
Honestly I have to agree here. If you buy a tuned ecu, and blow the motor a week later because it was a crappy tune and it ran incredibly lean, how would that be the fault of the owner? What if you buy an intake, and there is bad weld on a part of it somewhere, and it comes apart and a small piece gets sucked into the intake/motor and destroys the valve train. How would that be the owners fault?.
For your hypotheticals, its the owners liability because he installed non standard parts into heavily engineered systems. Presumably the intent is to produce power beyond the original design spec. The aftermarket has no control of the instal or use of its product. Certainly the oem cant be responsible either. If you modify a car you are essentially engineering it to your desires.

My opinion is unsolicited ans maybe unappreciated but these forums are more or less open to free speech.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Also:
84 930 turbo, 06 WRX Wagon
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Allan, the problem it that the radium intake was designed for a NA car, it was never released for SC application. Radium never tested the part on a evora s or a ips car......ramatin took it upon himself to use a untested part on a supercharged car pretty much the same as hacking the Camry intake....
My evora was used for development of the radium intake and I had no problems with the part due to the car being NA and no problems with warranty work either.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by creaturekris; 11-23-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Disciple of Chapman

Garage
Wow
sounds like this is getting a bit out of hand
I pretty sure no one has all the info here.

I think Ramatin took the high road and was origianlly asking for info from the forum who have a SC with CAI.
As things progressed info leaked out some more and seems like everyone is jumping to conclusions without knowing the whole story

No dowbt there are a lot of valid points being made on both sides, but without complete information it kinda makes it all a mute point.

Lets work together to help Ramatin to figure this problem out (he has helped the community much)

I'm sure there is a answer out there that does not involve law suits and personal attacks.

By the way I do have the CAI on my NA Evora and love it. I also have the front splitter protector and grew to love it after working with Bobsy to work out the bugs.

Last edited by Chhirowolf; 11-23-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330ciandr6 View Post
Honestly I have to agree here. If you buy a tuned ecu, and blow the motor a week later because it was a crappy tune and it ran incredibly lean, how would that be the fault of the owner? What if you buy an intake, and there is bad weld on a part of it somewhere, and it comes apart and a small piece gets sucked into the intake/motor and destroys the valve train. How would that be the owners fault?

Yeah, not sure why he is in here bashing OP.
Because the aftermarket part maker absolved himself of liability or warranty, which you accepted as agreement of purchase. Otherwise he would not be able to afford to offer the part. The agreement is you want more power - the supplier who has more resources than you to try different methods, tries his best to come up with a solution, the end.
'12 Evora S GP Special Edition #1/14 with BOE-KomoTec Stage 1++ (BOE CAI, Custom BOE Tune and Larini Sport on top of KomoTec Stage 1), MS Oil Sump
Lotus Driving Academy Level 3 School 1:1 w/ Ed Morris @ Hethel
New to piston power, my track toys have Rotaries
Old 11-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

Garage
I am sorry to hear, that people has problems with the Radium part. I here in Switzerland just know one person, who also had problems, meaning that the car suddenly turns into a "emergency mode" and runs to max. 40 km/h.

Maybe it is because I have a launch edition and the software there is/was different to the newer ones; meaning the software accepts more than the new one. I never had any errormessage in all the 3 years that I run the Evora.

I dont know. But anyhow: Lotus has a method to find out based on the data of the car, if a manipulation on the CAI was made or not. So claims under warranty are traceable.

But it is clear, that if somebody installs the Radium, he made a manipulation at his own risk. Maybe it is like women: a lot of guys are married, but all wifes are different and not every marriage ends into a divorce (married since 24 years and no "errormessage" till now).

Wintertyres are on, the snow can come. (and the chains are ready in the trunk). A.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

Thanks for all the kind word guys but as I mentioned first time, this post was not an intent for trashing a product nor I was looking for COMMENTS or legal advice. I think I see a problem and I like to know who else had anything like mine, THAT'S ALL. I think there is so much suing and legal issues going on these days that when someone bring up and issue everyone's radar goes off right away. Just chill out and let this post be what it was supposed to be in the first place!!!

Thanks,
Old 11-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #29 (permalink)

Absolutely right, keep the thread to what the OP wanted. To recap: OP has a secret problem that apparently causes (or doesn't!) expensive damage that is not covered by warranty. He won't tell you what the problem is, but if you would like to help him out with his attempts to get redress from either Lotus or Radium (he won't tell you which!) then please PM him so nobody on the board can see what the problem or problems may be.

Oh, and please don't post anything here, or you will be flamed by some Elise owners you have never seen on this forum before!

(I love this thread, and hope it goes on and on!)
Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

West-of-Hethel : If I go on the forum and talk about problems like most people do here it will only trash the product. The first stage to address an issue is to see if there are any other people experiencing same issues or similar one. If you find 2-3-4-5 or whatever cases like yours then you can say there might be a problem here. You take it up with the manufacturer to get to the bottom of the issue and see what can be done to fix it. No matter what you guys think or say in here it won't make a difference on my case or anybody else's that might have experienced. If any of you also had any clues about legal issues you would know that you can't go on a forum and talk **** about a product publicly and sabotage a product line. I can see that nobody gives a **** about legal issues here but I do so please respect that.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #31 (permalink)

If we are going to be sticklers for the letter of the law, i don't think it is 100% legal to run this type of part on public roadways

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Also:
84 930 turbo, 06 WRX Wagon
Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
If we are going to be sticklers for the letter of the law, i don't think it is 100% legal to run this type of part on public roadways

Wait, let me go get one of the Elise guys to flame you...
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #33 (permalink)

Stay on topic...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

Garage
For what it's worth, I did check the vendor's site and their terms and conditions has a limitation of liability clause limiting their damages to the cost of the product. I also saw a disclaimer that the CAI was for the N/A Evora with manual transmission.

Pity. I was really hoping to get their CAI this weekend.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

West-of-Hethel : The guy who gave his car to have this product made gives himself right to argue with me on this product and he sold his car after few month later. If he can talk about a product that he doesn't even have then I think Elise guys can talk about it too.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #36 (permalink)

Allan Gibbs : Thanks for looking that up
Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2pher View Post
Stay on topic...
What topic?

The OP wants people who have no problems with the Radium CAI to not post. He wants people who do have problems with the Radium CAI to... not post.

And you Elise guys keep coming on here telling people to not post!

I'm not sure this thread really exists, but I really do love it.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Garage
Radium marketed the CAI for NA manuals only and are not recommending for IPS or S cars.

Back on March 25th Ramtin made a bold claim of "For those of you buying the IPS. Looks like the Radium CAI works with the IPS with no problem!!" and also installed one on his own SC conversion. To his creadit he did not endourse the CAI on S's with this disclaimer: "I have the radium cold air intake installed on my S setup but I can't recommend it to anybody else yet. The ECU tune I have installed in my car is totally custom by Kold-Fire so I don't know if you do the same with the Stock S tune what will happen to your throttle response or air and fuel mixture because of incorrect reading of your airmass flow sensor."
'12 Evora S GP Special Edition #1/14 with BOE-KomoTec Stage 1++ (BOE CAI, Custom BOE Tune and Larini Sport on top of KomoTec Stage 1), MS Oil Sump
Lotus Driving Academy Level 3 School 1:1 w/ Ed Morris @ Hethel
New to piston power, my track toys have Rotaries

Last edited by Julian73; 11-26-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #39 (permalink)

West-of-Hethel : Read the original post. I asked everyone to PM me directly not to make this a discussion board so the **** that's coming up right now wouldn't happen. Of course someone had to make the first comment and the rest followed.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #40 (permalink)

"I need to find out if we have anybody out there that has experienced issues with the Radium CAI or having warranty issues due to problems caused by this system. Please PM me directly and don't leave any bad comments in here. This is not a product evaluation post so if you're product is working well and you're happy about it no need to make this a post about how great the product is. Just trying to find out if anybody else has experiences any issues that we can talk about in private."

Here is what this looks like to me and please understand that it only concerns me because it sounds like your fishing!:

You had an NA EVORA and installed multiple aftermarket "upgrades" to make it produce more HP including a supercharger. You ran it on the Dyno and showed everyone what it made. The minute you installed all the upgrades on your car, ones that Lotus does not sell as "covered under warranty," your beyond any kind of coverage! Now it could be that you have an issue you need to take up with Radium....
Are you a lawyer representing other owners?
Either way you have an issue that you should have handled by PM'ing Forum members that have posted to have installed the CAI in the Radium thread. You made it public and the nature of Forums or people on Forums is to be able to be heard. I am NOT standing up for Radium but you are leaving a lot for people to speculate on and so they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora