Radium CAI Issue - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Garage
Agree these are open forums, the OP can not control after starting.
'12 Evora S GP Special Edition #1/14 with BOE-KomoTec Stage 1++ (BOE CAI, Custom BOE Tune and Larini Sport on top of KomoTec Stage 1), MS Oil Sump
Lotus Driving Academy Level 3 School 1:1 w/ Ed Morris @ Hethel
New to piston power, my track toys have Rotaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatso7 View Post
The minute you installed all the upgrades on your car, ones that Lotus does not sell as "covered under warranty," your beyond any kind of coverage!
Somehow I can't find the text where ramtin says that he intends to claim warranty work.
I can't even find the passage where he says that he does have an issue which would usually be covered by warranty.

The original question was:
Quote:
I need to find out if we have anybody out there that has experienced issues with the Radium CAI or having warranty issues due to problems caused by this system
That doesn't say much about the problems he is facing and it doesn't say anything about his intentions on how to solve the issue.
Range Rover Evoque Prestige Si4 - loaded
Sold: Nissan 370Z Roadster Pack - Black Cherry - unmodified
Sold: McLaren MP4-12C, Nissan GT-R 2011
Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #43 (permalink)

Garage
dmpriso, You are right we have read between the lines:

"Unfortunately that CAI unit that everybody loves created some serious problems with my car. Can't post the exact details yet until I get the the Ok from my attorney but once the time comes I will be very open and post everywhere about he issues this CAI creates. All I can say for now is that everybody needs to stay away from this product. You will regret the upgrade!!! It's only IPS. NA and S cars will have the exact same issues. "

Lawyering up, suppressing info, but blasting the CAI with “stay away”, asking if others are having warranty issues. Implies, I had with my engine, Lotus is denying my claim and pointing to the CAI, now I am fact gathering before pursuing Radium.
'12 Evora S GP Special Edition #1/14 with BOE-KomoTec Stage 1++ (BOE CAI, Custom BOE Tune and Larini Sport on top of KomoTec Stage 1), MS Oil Sump
Lotus Driving Academy Level 3 School 1:1 w/ Ed Morris @ Hethel
New to piston power, my track toys have Rotaries
Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Kmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
dmpriso, You are right we have read between the lines:

"Unfortunately that CAI unit that everybody loves created some serious problems with my car. Can't post the exact details yet until I get the the Ok from my attorney but once the time comes I will be very open and post everywhere about he issues this CAI creates. All I can say for now is that everybody needs to stay away from this product. You will regret the upgrade!!! It's only IPS. NA and S cars will have the exact same issues. "

Lawyering up, suppressing info, but blasting the CAI with “stay away”, asking if others are having warranty issues. Implies, I had with my engine, Lotus is denying my claim and pointing to the CAI, now I am fact gathering before pursuing Radium.

I couldn't agree more. This type of post is provocative and is essentially "leading the witness". Having said this, many of us are very interested in the Radium CAI upgrade. So, a more honest post would have been -- "I modded the cr*p out of my car and am having some serious issues. It might be that the CAI doesn't work well with my set of mods. Not sure yet, but I will let others know so they can learn from my experience".

MY2012 Aspen White Evora S w/Black Forged Wheels
2008 Audi RS4
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #45 (permalink)

Garage
I agree. This the main upgrade I'm interested in (for the price). It would help if any others (especially n/a Evora owners with manual transmission) would post if they've had any issues.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #46 (permalink)

Garage
I was also hoping Radium would respond and address this issues -but I suppose with the possibility of litigation, they probably won't.
2014 Lotus Evora S IPS
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #47 (permalink)

hello everyone, together with SS racing exhust i am using the radium cai for like a year, maybe more.. driven on hot, cold, rainy and real heavy rainy weathers, been into several trackdays, made 300-400km return roads, even gone close to rally stages.. the only issue i had with the cai is to clean up the filter every 5-10k kms because of the ****ty air here in turkey..
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
Disciple of Chapman

Garage
maybe we could post a poll. I tried to make one but not sure how too
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #49 (permalink)

I vote that we just let it be. We don't know the details. Its between Ramtin1000 and Radium.

Any time you mod your car, you are taking a risk. Car manufactures probably spends millions a year on optimizing power and reliability. If you are worried that a CAI is going to break your car then you shouldn't get one. Modding is an addiction with lots of risks. Once you start, your going to want more.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #50 (permalink)

Gentleman,

Not only did he mod his car with a CAI he added a supercharger(which changes the air intake velocity by.... A LOT!) The CAI is NOT intended for a SC! He installed headers and custom tuned the car. What about this doesn't smell like bolt on then hope for the best to you?..You play you pay..and then maybe pay some more...Should have kept it NA. Maybe spend more time doing what Lotus has been famous for: Add lightness
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatso7 View Post
Gentleman,

Not only did he mod his car with a CAI he added a supercharger(which changes the air intake velocity by.... A LOT!) The CAI is NOT intended for a SC! He installed headers and custom tuned the car. What about this doesn't smell like bolt on then hope for the best to you?..You play you pay..and then maybe pay some more...Should have kept it NA. Maybe spend more time doing what Lotus has been famous for: Add lightness
There is nothing wrong with modifying your car. There is plenty of supercharged cars with a CAI out there running without problems. We don't know what Ramtin1000's issue with Radium is. Did he say it broke his engine? I may have missed that comment but I don't recall reading it.

It will take lots of experimenting before we get the right setup. What Ramtin1000 did with his car will only benefit the Evora community. It took a long time for us current and former Elise owners to get to the point that we had reliable Supercharger/Turbo kits. There is going to be lots of bad blood along the way and I recall in the old days of the forum people got banned for not having the right mind set here. We lost lots of good sources of info on this site like from people like Ronin and if anything, we should give this a chance to run its course before we start flaming each other.

Ramtin had the balls to do what some of us can only ponder. Hats off to his effort. I would wait for the hard facts before I pass judgement
Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #52 (permalink)
KCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by abechen View Post
I vote that we just let it be. We don't know the details. Its between Ramtin1000 and Radium.
I really want to shoot this thread and put it out of its misery. Where's a gun when we need it? They're in every other thread.
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora