The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Recaro Bottom Seat Bolster Issue

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DeltaV 
#1 ·
I have had an issue with the seat bolster where it is unattached from the bottom frame and the side of the seat cover is curling away from the seat. See the picture for a view. I have been in touch with Recaro about the issue with no solution so far. In addition, I have been working with Autobahn Powersports in KC as they are the closest authorized retailer to Houston.

This seems like it should be a simple fix; like I lost some fixing clips or something. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it? If I hear of a solution I will be sure to report it back.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There are zero clips on these seats . Seat is by far easiest seat ever to work on. Basically the bottom and back plastic is the seat and there is a lip or channel the edge of leather rolls into tight. Might be hard to fix in car suggest pulling seat . Then should have access to it easily . Hard to tell by pic if rubber lip on edge of leather came out of channel or is separated from leather itself.

Easy way should be either free fix or inexpensive for shop to resew on rubber lip.

#3 ·
Good to hear that this can be fixed relatively easily. The leather is still on the rubber but it was unclear to me if there were clips needed. I tried tucking the leather back into the channel without any luck. The passenger side is also out of the channel but not rolling out like this side.

Also for those looking to recover their existing seats I have found what I believe to be the OEM leather through my research. I will post a thread on this when I can take pictures of the samples tomorrow. I could not find a thread that ever mentioned this leather maker but other sites led me what I believe to be the correct supplier.

#4 ·
When entering, do not drag your butt across this bolster. I'll bet that is how it popped loose. On my 2010, the edge of the leather would tend to "give" a bit and I'd just roll it back to ideal position. Happened maybe 2-3 times if I remember right.Try an outward twist first, then press down to reattach it. Should feel like it steps back into a track.

#5 ·
To prolong lower bolster wear can "easily " swap seat bottom cover and foam ( all one peice) . I had razor bladed seats from project Evora half redone and when reinstalled flipped seats bottoms as foam was getting bit soft on dr side by door.

Now the inner pass side is old dr door side and vice versa. Nice solid foam support again on dr side entry.

If have older 10 seats with Recaro impression in middle rather on bolster can swap seats backs as well. Could swap newer style if dont care about Recaro on outer bolster now being on inside.

Rebuilt many a seats but these are first ever not use any hog rings or old methods of seat construction. Just drop cover and foam in tub and tuck and roll edges. Easy breezy.

#6 ·
It ha just popped out of the channel. Easy fix, you have to just get it tucked in the right angle and push it back up there. Self explanatory but fiddly due to the door sill and angle. If you can't get it, the seats come out very easily. Pull them out and flip them over and you'll see how easy it is to tuck it back in. Once you play with it a bit you should be able to do it with the seat still in the car. Mine pops out from time to time and it just takes a lot of dinner strength and pushing to get it back in at the right angle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.