Stock Exhaust sound on 2012 IPS - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

I saw one of the Evora owners here and is car looked amazing. The GTN wing he had it carbon layered over the original wing and clear coated. Done very wonderfully!

About the Larini, my 1 cent's worth: I loved that Larini sound! It's bigger and rougher than the stock but not obnoxious. I test drove an Evora with and without a Larini and there's NO WAY I could ever live with the stock after that!
Lotustwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S666TT View Post
gt4/gtn Rear wing
ALS5B0023J KIT PRICE 1,295.
Evora GTN | Lotus Cars
Good re-find. I see that the new update (Dec 12) includes individual pricing
'12 Evora S GP Special Edition #1/14 with BOE-KomoTec Stage 1.8 (BOE CAI, Custom BOE Tune and Larini Sport on top of KomoTec Stage 1)
Lotus Driving Academy Level 3 School 1:1 w/ Ed Morris @ Hethel
New to piston power, my other track toys have Rotaries
Julian73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Disciple of Chapman

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotustwn View Post
I saw one of the Evora owners here and is car looked amazing. The GTN wing he had it carbon layered over the original wing and clear coated. Done very wonderfully!

About the Larini, my 1 cent's worth: I loved that Larini sound! It's bigger and rougher than the stock but not obnoxious. I test drove an Evora with and without a Larini and there's NO WAY I could ever live with the stock after that!
I thought the same way when I first got my Evora NA. the sound was good, but not awesome. Then I heard some post of other exhaust and I was hooked. Only took about 30 second for me to make up my mind to upgrade to the Lotus Sports Exhaust. I have never looked back, but still am a bit jelous of Placks straight through exhaust
Chhirowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #24 (permalink)

search sector 111 on youtube. Shinoo posted a nice video after the install. As far as drone there is none. The difference is barely noticeable at freeway speed. I do appreciate that these things are rather subjective, but I had a Lotus factory stage 2 on my first 2005 Elise and it was aweful on the freeway. I have now had 2 larini's one on my Elise SC and now on my Evora SC and they are very good. They give you the exotic sound, but are very tame when you are off the gas. I don't track my car so the performance is really not an issue, but the sound is just so much more fun. I have an Audi R8 stock that sounds great, but honestly I prefer the Evora S with the Larini and I never thought I would say that about a V6 vs a V8. The nice thing is that you can "modulate" the noise a bit by either deleting the resonator pipe (often referred to as a "decat pipe") or not. Louder if you replace it with a straight pipe and quieter if you don't. One final comment, I would be cautious about making judgements on the sound when someone is standing behind the car. The "value" of the new exhaust is what you hear inside when driving--both with windows up and down. Fortunately with San Diego weather it is mostly windows down, but it is nice then when I am on the freeway cruising, I put the windows up and the car cruises along in comfort and you can listen to the stereo without issue.
97 Porsche Boxster, 99 Porsche 996,
martinm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

The interior quality of my exhaust note is definitely noticeable... the only drone is between 2000 and 2400~2500 rpm. Everything else is decent as long as you aren't at WOT.

Cruising on the highway I can chat on my cell through the bluetooth to Alpine connection, or I can drowned out anyone near me if I wish by just downshifting and pressing go.

It is definitely to taste.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackslayer View Post
The interior quality of my exhaust note is definitely noticeable... the only drone is between 2000 and 2400~2500 rpm. Everything else is decent as long as you aren't at WOT.

Cruising on the highway I can chat on my cell through the bluetooth to Alpine connection, or I can drowned out anyone near me if I wish by just downshifting and pressing go.

It is definitely to taste.
Ditto this. I can be nice or nasty, its my choice
S666TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

I hadn't realized exactly how loud my exhaust can get (custom straight through/valved varex setup) until I let my dad drive it and I stood on the side of the road. The Evora interior really does a good job of reducing outside noise, even with the windows down.

I stood behind it and he took off and it is LOUD, in a good way. Coming straight at me it isn't quite as loud since the exhaust is firing away, but it was definitely a nice yowl.

Makes me glad I can close my valve and go back to almost factory sometimes haha. But the good news is on the freeway, windows up, it really isn't bad.
invictusmaneo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #28 (permalink)

Yep - the Evora is a great machine - daily it makes me smile.

Too bad today was icy out side - the first day I haven't driven it to work in a while. Tomorrow will be better and I'll be back in it lol.
Plackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Evora