The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Supercharging MY NA Evora

88K views 246 replies 59 participants last post by  Myx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

This will be the start of a new thread for my supercharging project. I will be posting pictures of the Kit once i receive them. Since I will be out of town when this kit is being fitted to my car by VSA I told them to take pics from difference stages of the project so I get to see the progress and also I can post them here so you guys get to see it as well. I was hoping the Kit be here tomorrow but due to delays at the port it won't be here until monday or tuesday.

Her is the package status as of now:

19 Arrived at Sort Facility LOS ANGELES GATEWAY -LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 18:51
18 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 17:11
17 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 14:45
16 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA
12 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 01:20
11 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:13
10 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:19
9 Clearance processing complete at UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 17:03
8 Clearance delay EAST MIDLANDS - UK 16:36
7 Clearance delay EAST MIDLANDS - UK 09:23
6 Processed for clearance at - UK EAST MIDLANDS -UK 01:27
5 Shipment on hold EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:14
4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS -UK EAST MIDLANDS - 21:06
3 Departed Facility in CAMBRIDGE - UK CAMBRIDGE - UK 19:14
2 Processed at CAMBRIDGE - UK CAMBRIDGE - UK 18:20
1 Shipment picked up CAMBRIDGE - UK 16:27

See less See more
#17 ·
I haven't ever got anything shipped internationally could you possibly explain the process. Also who was the contact person for the kit. It's amazing how smooth the purchase went. Good luck and as I say in boost we trust till we blow a rod.

But again short blocks cost only 2700 bucks so no worries.

#18 ·
REI: I worked with andrew directly from lotus racing. One thing I can say about him is that he's amazing at what he does and he always replies back to his emails within a day. It has definitely been a pleasure working with him. I highly recommend him if you're looking to get the kit. The way I paid for the kit is that he emailed me the wire info for his bank and I had my amex exchange program handle the transfer. They received the wire next day and package was shipped next day. Can't get easier than that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#22 ·
Here we go guys, I have put the parts on scale to get an idea what they weight. Looks like the new flywheel is around 12LB and the whole clutch assembly is close to 26LB. Supercharger itself is around 32.6LB. I guess I need to loose some weight to compensate for the gain :)

I'll do the same with the parts we remove to get an idea how much heavier the stock clutch and flywheel is.

#28 ·
I will have more power than the s due to having different tune and free flow exhaust and CAI but I will be looking to change the pulley size later once I get an idea what kind of power I'm making with the current setup and upgrades.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.