The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Supersprint Exhaust System

36K views 130 replies 24 participants last post by  2bular 
#1 ·
I just purchased the supersprint full exhaust system and it got shipped today from italy. I wonder how loud my car is going to be after installation.
I'm planing to do a dyno after the install with all my mods to see how much i have gained over the stock system with what i have now.

Here is what i will have once the exhaust system is installed:

Supersprint Headers and Sport CAT
Larini post Cat Eliminator
Lotus Sport Exhaust
Radium Cold Air Intake
Radium Dual Catch Can
Kold-Fire Tune

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It will be definitely louder than beforeas you're removing the primary cats on the stock headers.
I don't get how your exhaust is configured. Why do you have the larini decat pipe if you are fitting the Supersprint cat?
I'm really looking forward to hear a video of your car!

#9 · (Edited)
Who did you get the Supersprint System from in Italy ? PM me if you don't want to post the supplier.
I have been e-mail communicating with Roberto (Gardus), who told me the systems were sold out, but would be back in production mid-February, but I have heard NOTHING since. Are they now back available ? Will the Supersprint Headers and Sport Cat work with the Factory Exhaust Mufflers, Stock or Stage 2 ?

#10 ·
@Gardus : The larini decat pipe is the same is the one SS offers. It basically eliminates the post cat silencer. I'm not gonna do dyne before since i already have the cold air intake , dual catch can and ecu tune installed so it won't really be fare comparison to the stock car. But we all know what kind of power you get from the stock so once i have my dyne we can compare that to the stock system.

@ INDYLOTUS : Based on my research you can install the headers without taking the clam off and definitely no engine removal. We'll see how it goes, i'll take pictures as i go forward and post here.

Video's will be posted following the installation !!!!

#11 ·
You can install the headers without removing much of the engine bay, just the covers and the rest of the exhaust.

I checked with the production and a batch of systems was made less than a month ago, I didn't know about it...the problem is it was made on order and so they are already sold out BUT I can check who ordered them, maybe they still have one. I'll do it tomorrow for you, Bobsy, if you are interested.

#13 · (Edited)
@ Bobsy Racer : I got the system directly from the SS italy. I sent them an email last week inquiring about the system and they sent me pricing. I did a bit of negotiation on the price and we came to an agreement for the total price. I sent the money though paypal and I got confirmation of shipping last friday two days after i sent them the money. It was a very pleasant and easy transaction.

@ ACT : Yes the 2bular i believe is delayed based on what i heard last from jim. Just didn't want to wait for unknown amount of time to get the part since this SS system is all ready to go and they have told me that with this system i will not be dealing with CEL or any engine light problems. I don't think this will work with the S yet. I guess the S has some mods that this won't fit. They told me that if i supercharge it myself it will be ok , but the S has a different setup.

@ Gardus: Have you installed this system on any Evora yet and if yes do you happen to have any installation instructions? I'm planning to do this myself and would love to have some directions to follow!!!

#14 · (Edited)
An update: the headers are out of stock but after the Bobsy request we launched a new batch. When I know the exact date I'll post it here.

We fitted a full sysem on the Evora in house when we developed it, but there's no official istruction manual. I have a video of the system fitted with voice notes made by the technicians, I may be able to post it and transalate the key parts.
*update* I checked with the chief mechanic. The system can be fitted removing the cover both under the car and in the engine bay.
Some of the bolts are a bit hard to reach but can be done.
Also, if there is some cutting is just a small part of a plastic cover, nothing major.

About the Evora S, sadly it doesn't fit. The engine bay layout is slightly different and a few pipes don't fit. The Lotus dealer wasn't able to supply a car to make a different set and wasn't really interested in buying sets for the S.

#16 ·
Let me know if it idles louder or if it still sounds like a Prius.

#19 ·
Nice! Any feedback is welcome, and if you want to appear on the official website with pictures and videos, there's a section just for that.

About the fitting, I talked to the tech guys and it seems that just a small part of plastic close to the front manifold needs some trimming, no grinding of the exhaust itself.
You'll be able to fit the system working from above and under the car, without removing the clam or move the engine.

#22 · (Edited)
You need to extend the wires, using the correct grade of cables. The electrician who makes our extensions will be at the factory today at 1 p.m. (GMT+1) I'll aks him in details.

Start removing all the plastic covers under the car and also in the engine bay, so you're able to reach all the bolts on the headers.
I suggest you start putting WD40 on the bolts as soon as you can as they can be quite stubborn to remove!
Also remove the rear exhaust and everything else in the way.

Once the headers are fitted it will be clear what part of the plastic cover needs a bit of trimming.

You'll need to remove the lambda wire and work on them ou of the car.
I'll take some pictures of the work the guy will do today so you have a visual guide.

A few pictures of the system fitted with the extended wires:

These where the pressure and temperatures sensor placed during the testing on the dyno.

#24 ·
Gardus : what's the solutions for the lambda O2 sensor? Do you guys have an extension kit for that and lastly can i please get some kind of install instruction from you. I just got the kit today and i have no idea where to start from!!

Glad someone is the guinea pig!
I'm sure it will workout.

It might be time to take a serious look at the 2bular exhaust!
2.25" bore on the tubing, lambda wiring extension included, 10% gains, and install instructions! Not to mention extensive testing to the point of educating us on the Evora's "self tuning ECU"!!!

#25 ·
Bware : at this point I'm actually kindda regretting not waiting for jim. I'm a bit disappointed with this whole kit. It needs trimming , and no O2 extensions, no instructions and no gasket with the package. It better gain some serious power after all this headache!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.