The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

What did you do to your Evora today?

1M views 8K replies 597 participants last post by  Vertigyn 
#1 ·
Other forums do this and it's fun and informative. The rules: Simply tell us what you did to your ride today. Modifications, fixed something or just took a drive. Post it up. Pics are welcome.

Have at it!

#751 ·
Love the color combo. black wheels really set of the red paint :clap:

#752 ·
Today I took delivery of my 2011 Evora, then bathed her, then smogged her, then spanked her all the way up the road to Boca Reservoir. Giggled like a lunatic. Took some photos. Got her dusty. Drove her home.

Tomorrow shall wake up and freak the f*@# out when I find a Lotus in my garage.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

Vehicle Car Automotive design Supercar Sports car

#755 ·
Today I took delivery of my 2011 Evora, then bathed her, then smogged her, then spanked her all the way up the road to Boca Reservoir. Giggled like a lunatic. Took some photos. Got her dusty. Drove her home.

Tomorrow shall wake up and freak the f*@# out when I find a Lotus in my garage.

View attachment 406305

View attachment 406313

View attachment 406353
Nice color and car, I love your color combo. As a fellow owner of a 2011, I can say you'll enjoy the hell out your car. All that I have changed on my car is to add a stage two exhaust leather armrest handle covers and a dead pedal and a new head unite. In my opinion that's all it needed.
Ron:clap::UK:

#758 ·
Yes
Another Carbon Grey?
Love the color

#763 ·

Attachments

#767 ·
Made the horrible commute on I-405 to drop it off in Bellevue at Metropolitan Detail to get some paint issues resolved and a little extra film put on the front hatch/cross members behind the front grills. Don't generally trust detailers but these guys seem to have the right attention to detail, unfortunately they charge accordingly.

#768 ·
I just heard some good/but expensive reports about them to (Metropolitan Detail ). Let us know how your experience is. Might they do a good headlight film?

#771 ·
Loving the '12 IPS. For the last 2 weeks I drive it to work and then when I get home my wife takes it out to run errands and go to the gym. Went from 198 miles on the od to 1200 so far. Still adjusting my driving style from manual to the IPS but it sure is nice and fast in sport mode. FUN!!!! :shift:

#772 ·
After 221 days of waiting I finally picked my Evora up. Changed the oil today and now I can finally join the driving season

#773 ·
Been experimenting with a quieter but light solution to exhaust... ~15lbs

Vids once it's installed... it's in flight right now so we have to wait until the weekend :)

Also put BOE floating rotors on to replace the completely cracked ones that were there... SO MUCH NICER.

OUT:

IN: (Yes I know it's dirty - it was in the workshop)

#774 ·
killer photos ph - love that overhead shot and the side one - hard to believe the Evora is really quite a small car on its own.

#775 ·
as to the today activity, nothing with the car as no business travel and it still normally gets pulled out for that.

on another note though, built a nice Boxster GTS - Boxster was the favourite of my collection - but looked outside and said no way i was trading for one of them so i deleted the build:)

#776 ·
over the past few weeks (particularly while on a spirited drive in the hills of IN) I've gotten my BOE rotors so hot now that they rattle like a mofo (they're supposed to.) Scared the snot out of me the first time I heard it at low speed in traffic...

But I like it :)

#777 · (Edited)
Very cool, Jeremy.. you know I envisioned this a while back.. incorporating a vac-operated exhaust bypass valve at the center original Plack exhaust and the magnaflow off to the side (just like you have it), only with the in/out paths on either side of the flap.. That way the vac line which operates the same bypass flap in the stock intake could be leveraged to open the valve.. . It'd be a dual-mode exhaust that retains the original Plack sound, in Sports mode :D -- the remote switch capability would be built right into dash via the Sport mode button!

check it out:

(from Osprey Exhaust components)

#779 ·
Plack you are my hero :bow:

Was planning on getting down to Hallett this year, but it looks like it is not going to happen.

My car is down with some bizarre gauge problem and need a new associate in the office to get some time away.

Good luck with the new developements:up:

#783 ·
After years of going back and forth between the Bay Area and Reno on I-80, I decided to try a new (twisty) route. I took Hwy 88 from Minden, NV, to Stockton, then the usual boring and crowded roads through to Oakland.

Hwy 88 is awesome, though rough in spots. Wonderfully lonely that day, except for a bit of construction. It was cloudy at the summit, and by cloudy, I mean this...

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Supercar

I'm in Oakland for the weekend, if anyone fancies an impromptu "cars n' coffee" sort of meetup (I can always use a cup, and I'd love to meet some fellow Lotus enthusiast, since I'm the only one in Reno). Leaving Sunday or Monday, by way of Feather River Canyon.