Looking for a Lotus Elise/Exige up to $30k Tri-State Area - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Looking for a Lotus Elise/Exige up to $30k Tri-State Area

Hello all, First time posting.

I am looking to purchase an Elise/Exige for up to 30k in the tri-state area in good shape.

I will need the hard top and I am flexible on the color (as long as its not Hot Pink, etc.)

The thing is, I am looking to purchase after this winter (after February) as I don't want to have it during the winter and stare while not being able to drive it.

I have already been approved for a loan for 30k and while it expires in two months, I will reapply for the same loan again when the time comes

I am completely aware it is still 4 months away, but I want to get my foot in the door and I am a very serious buyer.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Samuel Lee
ZeRoSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoSL View Post

I am looking to purchase an Elise/Exige for up to 30k in the tri-state area in good shape.

I will need the hard top and I am flexible on the color (as long as its not Hot Pink, etc.)

The thing is, I am looking to purchase after this winter (after February) as I don't want to have it during the winter and stare while not being able to drive it.

I have already been approved for a loan for 30k and while it expires in two months, I will reapply for the same loan again when the time comes

I am completely aware it is still 4 months away, but I want to get my foot in the door and I am a very serious buyer.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Samuel Lee
Non salvage Exige is an extreme long shot at best, but if you're flexible on miles, color, options you should be able to get into an Elise in your price range.

But what is 'the tri state area?' Where I'm from that refers to Delaware, Maryland, Virginia (aka Delmarva).
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
I live in New York
Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoSL View Post

Thanks

Sincerely,
Samuel Lee
If you're patient and flexible about miles you can get non salvage Exige or SC Elises on here for 30 to low 30's. Just realize that people paid 45-70k for their Exiges, and it hurts people's collective butts to see some sell for so low. As a general rule of thumb, when you see people list a paragraph intro and then a list of mods with retail prices before they mention the selling price--they are probably trying to ask for more than what the market will bear. I should know, I just went through of selling a car for less than all the mods that went into it. Some people are even speculating prices would rise (beyond seasonal trends) because the population of running Elises/Exiges is decreasing.
phy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

He's gonna have to be patient, he won't buy for 4 months. If you won't buy right now, then you are *not* a serious buyer. However, its great that you know what you want and this gives you something to look forward to :-) 4 months is plenty of time to watch the market and hang around on here learning the ins and outs of owning one of these awesome cars. gl, and welcome!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
One corner at a time

Quote:
If you won't buy right now, then you are *not* a serious buyer.
+1 - my advice is start looking in early Jan as it'll probably take you several weeks to find the right car. I also think you'll have a near impossible time finding an Exige at the price (as an Exige owner I certainly hope so) but a '05 Elise can definitely be had for that amount.

So once you're ready with check in hand post up in the WTB forum and watch the sale forums, there are cars out there for sure.

-Ross
2006 Exige | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillet B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: Audi RS 4 | Legacy Spec.B | Volvo S60R | 350Z
rosscarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
the reason i am not purchasing now is because i dont want to have a lotus in the winter and not be able to drive it. i also read a bit about price fluctuations based on seasons. is it cheaper to buy at certain months? if so i wouldnt mind purchasing now
Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

LAte November-Feb are the best months to buy. People who made an impulse buy, or do not like it just sitting, start to justify selling during the winter months of Lotus Hibernation.

The greatest gift ever given, was our Salvation, the release from the bonds of addictions, and sins. To rise above the petty things that hold us down.
Podunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
One corner at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
LAte November-Feb are the best months to buy.
+1 - so yes, if you want the best deal now is pretty close to the right time to buy. In the spring prices will start to inch up as the buyers market gets much larger (people want their sports cars in the spring).

So if you're really serious start looking now and just put it in the garage for a few months and take it out on nice days. That'll make it all the more special as well. I parked mine a few weeks ago and will probably only drive it 4-5 times between now and the spring.

-Ross
2006 Exige | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillet B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: Audi RS 4 | Legacy Spec.B | Volvo S60R | 350Z
rosscarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Here's your car

What's wrong with this little beauty? http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...ale-nj-121461/

For $400 or less, you can buy a second set of base wheels. For $700, you can get a set of winter tires (Yokohama Iceguards seem to still be available, but you may have to order the fronts and rears from two different places). See if the seller can negotiate a little, and you can be driving your Elise now, and in any weather where the snow is less than 5 inches deep.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Garage
If that 07 gets unsold then I will really consider it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted