Sector111 Status - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendors

Sector111 Status

Iím writing to inform you of Sector111's current status. I apologize in advance as we are no longer accepting any website or phone orders. Let me try to explain what has happened and what our future looks like.

About a dozen years ago Sector111 accepted an open ended investment from a small firm run by two friends of mine. Two years ago, this firm decided to shut down and requested payment. Though we have swung for the fences with new initiatives, these last few years, we were unable to satisfy their demands. The restructuring that we undertook last Oct was our attempt to keep things moving forward.

We have taken great efforts to protect clients/suppliers and employees during this time. We succeeded in making sure none of them have been financially hurt by this action. If you have given us money, you have gotten product or will get them directly from our suppliers. If you have any concerns, you are welcome to call me directly (951)551-0900.

Iím proud of the fact that Sector111 has been a leader in this community in regards to financial support to this forum/clubs/racing, engineered hundreds of product innovations, and delivered service. We have introduced many great brands to NorthAmerica: Nitron, ReVerie, Larini, ProAlloy, Arqray, Toybox48, Girodisc, BAC and many, many more. Our efforts have resulted in safer, faster and cooler cars that have created joy for thousands of clients around the world.

What is happening to Sector111 is a business transaction that must take its course. I donít ask for your sympathy but I will ask for your patience as we continue to work through this. I will keep my nose to the grindstone until we have settled everything.

I wanted to thank all of you who have been supporters of us and given us the chance to be a part of this community. For this I will be eternally grateful.

As far as Iím concerned, the fat lady has not yet sungÖ

Sector111 Tasty Bits for Your Lotus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 AM

Garage
You guys have been great over the course of time I have been dealing with you. I wish you the very best and hope you can pull it off and stay in business. Not many have provided the kind of service and technical advice you guys have. If I asked a question be it by email or other form I ALWAYS got a fast response. You guys have run the business like a business should be run. I wish you all the best!
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:55 AM
Architectural Designer

This is sad to hear, as you have been a staple in this community and have helped many of us. I wish you the best of outcomes! @shinoo

"This car is more fun than the entire french air force crashing into a firework factory." - Jeremy Clarkson

2005 BRP ELISE:
Sport Pack, Hard Top, Black Mesh Grills, Cup Air Box, TitanQR, Difflow diffuser, Larini Club Sport Exaust, Rear Panel Delete, RTD Brace w/Nitron Toe Pins, Mono-ball bushings, PRORAD, Reverie CF Side Scoops & CF Splitter, CF door pulls, Odyssey PC680. Filled seams including a custom one piece front paint protection film.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 AM

Garage
I'm sorry to read of this. I appreciate all that you have made available for the community as well as myself.

It's starting to feel like we are in decline with regards to after market suppliers...

L O T U S

Last edited by Motard; 02-15-2017 at 01:44 PM.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Hey @shinoo I have been following your situation and I am sorry that it has come to this. I hope that you come out of it well but I realize as a business owner myself that these things take time. You and your company are #1 in excellent customer service in the Lotus community. Whatever happens that goodwill you have with the community will always help you with any future endeavors.

Best wishes!

Nick____________
2005 Elise - Chrome Orange - See Pics and Mods in My Garage (Disclaimer-I am a novice and pretend to know just enough to be dangerous (I have the scars to prove it). By reading my post you accept that I am not responsible for any bodily harm, mental anguish, material and/or monetary losses that may result from anything you choose to do based upon my shared experiences.)

Last edited by Nickshu; 02-15-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typo
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:11 AM

Wishing you guys well. It was always a pleasure dealing with sector 111, whether it was product purchases or tech advice. Easily one of the better companies I've dealt with in the car world.

I'm a little confused, so I'm going to ask out of selfishness. I know you're not taking any orders at the moment, but is that subject to change? I understand that most likely can't give up any details. I just hope I didn't miss the boat on the newly developed shifters that were on pre order. I was holding out on that until I did a couple other things.
rsamani and Nickshu like this.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:35 AM

All the best Shinoo, you have made Lotus ownership more enjoyable for me and many others. Looking forward to seeing what is next.
Nickshu likes this.

'05 Lotus Elise: RAC Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 11:58 AM
RBH

This is a sad day for lotus community.

Do it once. Do it right.
http://www.17of30.com
YouTube: 170f30
S260 Final Edition
RBH

I am a www. TrackJunkies.org member and I need help
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 PM

Wish I knew about this earlier as there were a few things I wanted to buy.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:26 PM

Best of luck, shinoo. I hope the end result for S111 is positive.
surferpkt and Nickshu like this.

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:26 PM

Shinoo, I sincerely hope it all works out for you in the end. You have been nothing but supportive of the Lotus community, and we all should now be doing the same for you!
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:28 PM

Shinoo, sorry to hear about the speed bumps...hang in there. Sector 111 has made wonderful contributions to the Lotus community over the years. I hope that you persevere and overcome the issues that Sector 111 is facing.

2006 Exige - Phantom Black
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM
German Reimport

Best of luck to you Shinoo and your crew.
I hope you can get thru this and still offer great products for our small community in the years to come!

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:57 PM

Garage
You guys have been such a source not just for parts but information and real help making my Lotusy dreams become reality. Sure hope things shape up.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery (Doc Jay has her)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 Nissan 370Z Nismo
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:10 PM
6i9

I have a lot of Sector111 parts on my car and they have always been top notch quality. I remember browsing Sector111's parts list when I first got the car and knew I wanted almost everything I saw on their website.

Best of luck. Curious whether the investment was a loan and what the terms for repayment were and in what sense it was "open ended." Sounds like they wanted repayment of it all at once? After 12 years would a majority of that principal not have been paid down? Was this investment related specifically to the Drakan or the entire business?

2005 Magnetic Blue Lotus Exige
Drivetrain: Honda K20A Type R | Innovative Kit | Arqray Ti | SCM Intake/Header | Hondata | proRAD | Setrab | KTuned | V2 Fuel Tank | BOE Swirl
Aero: Exige Clams | Reverie | TWRD GT | Craftsquare | IMRP | BSK | Voltex
Suspension: Penske SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE Floating | Pagid RS14
Interior: Recaro SPG | Willans | WorksBell | Sparco
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM
JWA

Best of luck with it Shinoo. The sports car world needs your products in it.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:48 PM

I have been a long time customer of Sector 111, since the very early days. Shinoo was always available to talk regarding any of my questions and he always delivered the great products I bought from him. He was instrumental in bringing Lotus Cup to the East Coast (although short lived) and has always been a true enthusiast of the highest order.

Personally, I have a huge amount of faith in Shinoo and wish him nothing but the best. This community needs to provide all the support to Sector 111 it can.

72 Europa- Next restoration
69 Elan S4 - Restored & Sold
64 Elan S1 - Restored
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart - Sold
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car - Sold
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car - Wrecked at track
06 Elise - Track pack - Sold
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:30 PM

Sorry to hear, I'm another long time satisfied customer, Shinoo I wish you the best of luck.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:36 PM

I'm just going to post this - as I found it difficult to "Like" your post @shinoo .. Why?

I'm new - brand spanking "new" to this Lotus thing - addiction, passion - call it what you will, I guess? You see - I come from another marque altogether. But for that - you and your organization was one of the first to welcome me into this community. You see - I was actually aware of your previous posts on your difficulties, but, I ordered something on-line a few weeks ago, and the strangest and most curious thing happened...

Minutes after placing my order - someone - a REAL PERSON - actually reached out to me? They wanted to know if I needed anything else, and if they could do anything else for me? They actually knew what I was talking about when I asked questions about the install - and were "right there", with a name and a call back number...

Then a few days later - my part arrived. And even stranger - there was a handwritten "Thank You" note with my name - and signed/initialed by several of your employees - simply welcoming me as a "new customer". I kept that note, as it's on my "ego wall" in my garage to remind me of how things should be done...

I think someone posted this is a great loss to the Lotus community above? That's exactly the way I feel with only one transaction from a "new customer" to you and your company. But for that?

If/when you get this square - please just know - I'll be waiting as a "repeat" customer - new to the Lotus world, but never felt to be so welcomed from a supplier.

Thanks for that...

John D.
F1 SML8R, mbrunner, John Z and 2 others like this.

'07 Exige S
'95 993 C4
'89 964 C4 (< - Jen's...)
'88 911 Turbo
'68 911 L (< - Jen's...)
'67 912
'04 Cayenne S
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:10 PM

good luck with everything.

as john d above posted, this business is needed in this community.

i had almost the same exact experience as he did and couldn't have put it better than he did.
John D. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Sponsor Zone > Sector111

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.