Expectant Lotus Owner in Seattle - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monaco Dreamin'

Expectant Lotus Owner in Seattle

Hi everyone, I just joined the site in hopes of gathering information towards a future Lotus purchase. I've always been a big fan of the Esprit, however I am now leaning towards an Elise or an Exige (if the price is right) as it would be better suited for my needs. Hopefully I can find one here!

I currently drive a 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6 Tommi Makinen Edition RSII. How's that for a long car name? Those of you familiar with it know this was not imported or sold in North America. Illegal to import, I built the car from the ground up. I used a 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage chassis with parts I imported from around the world. It's now AWD and turbocharged with about 280whp. I have a small fortune invested in the build, however I am looking for another car to add to my collection. I'll share photos with anyone interested, but I'm here to talk Lotus.

Now I've been doing a fair bit of research and I am leaning most towards an Exige. I know they carry a hefty premium above the Elise, but I've always preferred the sort of raw look the Exige has. Budget wise I'm capping myself at $40,000 which may limit me a bit as far as used models go. I'm hoping a decent one turns up locally, under budget if possible!

I'm sure I'll begin to recognize some of the local members here and on the streets. Speaking of local, are there any regular meets in the Seattle/Bellevue area? I'd love to chat cars sometime and hear from some actual Elise/Exige owners (who have to drive in our wonderful weather).

Thanks!

-Brent
BCspeed34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCspeed34 View Post
Hi everyone, I just joined the site in hopes of gathering information towards a future Lotus purchase. I've always been a big fan of the Esprit, however I am now leaning towards an Elise or an Exige (if the price is right) as it would be better suited for my needs. Hopefully I can find one here!

I currently drive a 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6 Tommi Makinen Edition RSII. How's that for a long car name? Those of you familiar with it know this was not imported or sold in North America. Illegal to import, I built the car from the ground up. I used a 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage chassis with parts I imported from around the world. It's now AWD and turbocharged with about 280whp. I have a small fortune invested in the build, however I am looking for another car to add to my collection. I'll share photos with anyone interested, but I'm here to talk Lotus.

Now I've been doing a fair bit of research and I am leaning most towards an Exige. I know they carry a hefty premium above the Elise, but I've always preferred the sort of raw look the Exige has. Budget wise I'm capping myself at $40,000 which may limit me a bit as far as used models go. I'm hoping a decent one turns up locally, under budget if possible!

I'm sure I'll begin to recognize some of the local members here and on the streets. Speaking of local, are there any regular meets in the Seattle/Bellevue area? I'd love to chat cars sometime and hear from some actual Elise/Exige owners (who have to drive in our wonderful weather).

Thanks!

-Brent
I'm up in Bothell and used mine as a DD for almost three years straight.
Give me a call some time, Mike
Otherwise, it's bone stock....
Apex_in_sno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sweet, another one for Seattle!
Spartacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome aboard!

Lee

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Leebenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome! Thre is a Magnetic blue Exige in Philadelphia with 10000 miles in the for sale section here for $40000.00. She looks fantastic!

Director of the GGLC-Sacramento Chapter
sturgeongeneral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

I just picked up a black '05 Elise in Kansas City, supercharged, and plan on daily driving it too. I'm currently hunting for a hardtop, a non-leaking battery solution, a better radar detector (has built in Passport 5000) and a nice solution for iPhone integration. This site has lots of great info to mine.

Joel
JoelR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelR View Post
I just picked up a black '05 Elise in Kansas City, supercharged, and plan on daily driving it too. I'm currently hunting for a hardtop, a non-leaking battery solution, a better radar detector (has built in Passport 5000) and a nice solution for iPhone integration. This site has lots of great info to mine.

Joel
Let me know what you discover regarding the radar detector upgrade. As far as the iPhone integration, I assume you don't have the iPod connector with the stock radio? I picked up a cheap adaptor that enables charging of my iPhone 4. You can also get a Bluetooth head unit and just connect that way.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

I had the WTF reaction when I saw Evo6 TME until I read the rest of the post. Did you seam weld the frame? I'm assuming it's got the titanium turbine? There's a guy around here in Chicago with an Evo VII. That's the only street-legal evo (before the 8) that I've ever head of.

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Leave Out The Unnecessary Stuff
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monaco Dreamin'

I removed the floor pan and installed one off an Evo 6. Spot welded it back in at the factory locations. About 300 welds IIRC. And yep, titanium turbine wheel.

Now as far as car buying goes, I'm having a hard time finding one local. All I really want to do is at least test drive one so I can get a feel for the car. Once that happens I can start looking for the perfect one, even if it's not in WA.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Monaco Dreamin'

Having a difficult time finding one local, looks like I'll have to buy out of state.

Now this is a little bit of a crazy request, but would anyone be willing to take me out for a ride-along some time? I'd like to at least sit in one and hear from a real owner before I buy one over the internet
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Having a difficult time finding one local, looks like I'll have to buy out of state.

Now this is a little bit of a crazy request, but would anyone be willing to take me out for a ride-along some time? I'd like to at least sit in one and hear from a real owner before I buy one over the internet
Currently the motor's in the next bay, however the seats are still in it...
You can come over and sit in it all you want.
Otherwise, it's bone stock....
Apex_in_sno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Welcome to the club! I'm in Snoqualmie myself, good to see another local perhaps coming on board. I still have yet to get out to any meets myself.
Mobius97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Difflow Lotus Diffusers

Exotics at Redmond is a great way to meet owners and check out the cars, but I think they are done for the season until February.
qu1Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

just sold mine to a guy from kent, so you guys we'll be seeing it around there..
SOLD:05 green elise sc-255HP,quaife LSD,LSS,HT,exige s exhaust
speedneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

As soon as the weather clears up, I'll drag mine out for you. I work in Bellevue.
MotoGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks!

-Brent
Hi Brent, is it born yet? ( you said expectant) BTW driving the Lotus in wet weather is so much fun for me

WILL.I.AM
RENDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Monaco Dreamin'

Nothing yet! I'm still looking around but in the meantime I've been saving up all that I can for a nice down payment.

@MotoGeek, if it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd love to see the car some time!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Garage
Welcome. Yes, aside from the redmond event the only other one-ish i know of is the all british meet in july. It would be great to set up a Lotus meet somewhere. Maybe a sat or sun breakfast eastside and drive?
Totalled: 2011 Lotus Evora 2+2 - Canyon Red Metallic
Sold: MGB, Miata, Merc 560SEL, F-150, Civic, Saab 9-5SE, '05 Ford-GT, '69 Cad Sedan DeVille, Triumph Daytona 955i
Lckitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

similar situation!

I am in almost the same situation! Looking for an exige went and looked at one in south hill but it was primarily autocrossed and not really streetable and I will be daily driving it when I get it. I also would like to see more in person and get a ride to see how road/engine noise is. I currently have a nismo 370z that I love but I have always wanted a lotus and think I'm ready to pull the trigger when the right one comes available! Someone please post here or send out messages when the next meet will be or hit us up if you just want to show off your lotus!
Attached Images

Nak4mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedneed View Post
just sold mine to a guy from kent, so you guys we'll be seeing it around there..
I'm being relocated to Portland for work. Might sell 2010 exige s260 sport but they go for around 65k used.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Hi, I'm new here