LOL Dude do you know how much people are gonna laugh at you? Being a teenager driving a lotus, EVERYONE will know that your parents bought you that lotus and they will laugh you out of existence. Not to mention MANY people will hate you out of jealousy. I mean, honestly dude you should get something like a 370z. Even if you could convince your parents, don't you think you would get tired of people looking at you strangely for about 3 seconds, then realizing, "Oh, He's WAY too young to afford that, it's his parents car!" then seeing them laugh while pointing at you? Dude if that was me that would get old really fast. Plus the other kids who have to drive **** boxes would just end up keying your car in the school parking lot. Other kids would do research and find out your lotus elise only has 190 horsepower, then all the guys would laugh at and probably call you all sorts of names like daddy's boy, gay, and so on. Teenagers are cruel, I can guarantee things would not go super awesome like you think they would in your head.. trust me bro.
Sounds like someone didn't like high school
If you can convince your parents to buy you one, go for it. It might even give you reason to learn more about cars. Remember 5 things:
1. Its not very comfortable, and while nice to look at, you will not be taking your friends anywhere. Heck, even driving with a passenger poses a few problems.
2. Girls LOVE the look, but strongly dislike driving in it.
3. Never have peace of mind parking in high school. Heck even at work, I still get jokes (even from my manager) about carrying it to a different parking spot. In highschool, it probably won't be only talk
4. Everyone will know where you are, and how you drive
5. Get ready for lots of questions, pictures and comments
oh, and a few pics for you to think about once you get a car, ANY CAR it may be: