The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Hello Lotus

768 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Nickshu 
#1 ·
Hi I'm thinking to buy an Elise and I want to get some info, I think I'm in a good direction thanks for the tons of information here to everyone.
Rudy

#6 ·
Welcome I started with an 05 Elise and loved it! Maybe more than my Evora...Evora is a "better"/different car but I had a connection to my Elise that isn't comparable. Only flaw I had was my A/C didn't work after 20 minutes or so and living in Florida it would get really hot. But I was 22 at the time and I was having way to much fun in it to care. 22 y/o with a few tickets on my record and I was paying $400/month to insure. People call me crazy but hey you can't put a price on your happiness. Now I am 24 and paying about that on my Evora. So insurance isn't cheap if your under 25 that's for sure!

Not sure what your budget is like but for a first time lotus owner but I wouldn't shy away from a rebuilt title necessarily. As long as its from a trusted source such as wirewheel in Vero Beach, FL. That's where I got my first Lotus because it was the only thing I could afford at the time. The Elise has such a delicate and expensive 2 piece clam that depending on the state, insurances companies involved, and situation, they are quick to salvage them. There have been many (not all) that have had pretty minimal prior damage. After 11 years on the road there have been more every day that have taken a hit. The Elise isn't very visible in people's blind spots or in parking lots and a 10mph bump in a gas station might consider it a loss..Some have been obliterated too and I wouldn't touch even just for the track but wirewheel has a good reputation for selling safe, secure and well sorted rebuilds. Rebuilt branded titles are difficult to find financing so you will likely have to pay cash or work really hard to get a loan. That said, I would consider Doge's above before it goes. I think the cheapest on wirewheel currently is $29,900. Getting into a LOTUS for $24k is a steal in this market.

$30k+ and you have options. That's my 2 cents and I have no affiliation, just enjoyed my product and service as a first time Lotus member. Keep an eye daily on the market tab here and don't hesitate when you find a deal. Goodluck with your search

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.