Yet Another Effin' Newb - Los Angeles - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #21 (permalink)

My 5-4 wife can get in and out of the Elise way more gracefully than me. I still won't do Pilates.
andy7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

There is a very active Orange County crew that is always at C&C and there is an active Long Beach/Cerritos crew that has weekly dinners. LA Crew has been lazy lately but they do get together once in a while.

I'm out in SGV with a few other guys so we go wherever.

You won't have problems finding local Lotus owners/enthusiasts, that's for sure.

Oh, as for ingress/egress, I have seen girls from 5-1 to 5-11 get in and out just fine and I have seen some girls who were stuck in there for a long time figuring out what to do. It's just a matter of practice.

Youtube California Mike's video on how to get in and out. Out of the 3-4 pages worth of videos of getting in and out of the Lotus, that is the best one and the technique I use. Ah, heck, I just went and found it for you:

http://youtu.be/Qs5VbrCGI9U
Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

lol, same here s2k is big bird yellow... i like the license plate, mine is just a random assortment of letter and numbers just like everyone else's.ahahaha
what canyon do you head too?
i go to little Tujunga/sand canyon, and mullholand. yourself?
alexxgdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

FWIW -
Proper search syntax (most effective) is done on Google. Enter "Lotus Talk: subject" on the googlizer screen and voila!

And there really isn't a sexier car on planet earth. I love seeing women drive them.
Lotus Elise #134 - June/2004 build date - BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/
komiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxgdc5 View Post
what canyon do you head too?
i go to little Tujunga/sand canyon, and mullholand. yourself?
Santa Monica mountains. Mulholland Highway and the surrounding roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Youtube California Mike's video on how to get in and out. Out of the 3-4 pages worth of videos of getting in and out of the Lotus, that is the best one and the technique I use. Ah, heck, I just went and found it for you:

Lotus Elise, How to get in or out of... - YouTube
Thanks, man. I had found that a couple of weeks ago and it's very helpful. I also found the videos on less successful methods to be very helpful too just for their entertainment quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komiko View Post
And there really isn't a sexier car on planet earth. I love seeing women drive them.
So, does that make you a voyeur?
RMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

i think you should totally daily drive a lotus.
i have a turbo exige that i drive from vegas to LA all the time. not only does it get great gas mileage they are absolutely awesome in LA traffic (compared to my Land Rover) plus you get to meet a lot of cool people, everyone always want to talk to you and see what your about, which i really enjoy.
When you have a hard day of work the canyons seem to be a lot closer drive then you think (lol)
i cant say enough about the lotus, i totally prefer it to a large list of other cars.
you should easily be able to steal one for under 30 grand and enjoy every dollar you spent in the process

Houston
Formula313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAR View Post
First, besides the interest in a Lotus I like your humor. Anyway, you shouldn't have a problem driving a late model Lotus since you know how to rev a car engine already (S2000). ...
Thanks for the reply. You are mostly confirming what I have already conjectured and that is very helpful. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula313 View Post
i think you should totally daily drive a lotus....
i cant say enough about the lotus, i totally prefer it to a large list of other cars....
Wow, Houston. Well alrighty then. Who could argue with that kind of enthusiasm? :-D Admittedly though, I have a daily driver which advertises my company so I drive that for as much of the around town stuff as I can, saving the "fun" car for exactly that. But I hear ya on the enjoyment factor of the Elise! Thanks for the reply!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

Depending on where you drive and how much stuff you carry, there is no problem with it being a DD. I drive too far and go to various places which can be unsavory for work so I don't DD anything decent.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

^^ Somehow, I don't think it would be advisable for me to show up at clients sites in an Elise. As it is, I avoid showing up in my S2000 because I don't want them getting it in their heads that we charge too much for our company services. :-D I've got a DD that is perfect for workday stuff. I can park it anywhere, it advertises my company, and I don't have to worry about it. My fun car will remain my fun car, but nice to know it's an option on the days when the DD is in the shop for occasional maintenance.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #30 (permalink)

Sometimes, you need to show up in a decent car to let the clients know you're doing well... and sometimes, you don't want them to think they are financing your decadent lifestyle.

I had a big fancy office in a new fancy building once and clients ended up getting apprehensive because they think they can't afford me... which is dumb because they've afforded me all along... but the image got them.

That phenomenon happens in real estate a lot too, I guess. Agents have to have that E class or 5 series to carry the clients around to show the houses, and minimum, you gotta have the C or 3.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #31 (permalink)

Welcome. I went to two West LA meets (loved it) before getting lucky and finding a SoCal Lotus for sale that suited my needs.

It's time for another meet already.

As for skirts: I don't know if it's been said but you can keep your knees together and bring both feet in at the same time. I've done it a few times in jeans and find it almost preferable.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Not_In_San_Fran View Post
Welcome. I went to two West LA meets (loved it) before getting lucky and finding a SoCal Lotus for sale that suited my needs.
Congrats! Glad you found one so quickly. May take me a little longer. I'm really wanting just the right 2007 Elise, if possible. We'll see. I might get lucky. Missed out on the BRG one in NJ that would have been a *great* deal. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Not_In_San_Fran View Post
It's time for another meet already.
So I hear. Most recent dinner got rained out. Recent drive suffered from what appears to have been a communication breakdown...or something. Those in the know report having had a good time though. May be a lunch or dinner coming up next weekend, if I'm reading the regional thread correctly. Maybe you can keep me in the loop? That would be cool!
2005 Lotus Elise
Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

I just learned today about the "locals" forum. Looks like that will be my favorite.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #34 (permalink)

What locals forum?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

^^ INISF is referring to the California Regional forum.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

just get it.

I got mine about two weeks ago, and I LOVE it
808BruceWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Hi, I'm new here