Larry's Lotus Photoblog #5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Larry's Lotus Photoblog #5

This is Larry's Lotus Photoblog #5...welcome!

We've had over 15,000 pictures posted and over 500,000 hits so far in Larry's Photoblog #1, 2, 3, and 4.

Larry has been a photo editor for years and searches the web for the best Lotus and other car photos, just for Lotus Talk!

Larry's Photoblog 1 can be found at Larry's Lotus Photoblog #1

Larry's Photoblog 2 is at Larry's Lotus Photoblog #2

Larry's Photoblog 3 is at Larry's Lotus Photoblog #3

Larry's Photoblog 4 is at Larry's Lotus Photoblog #4
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-18-2011 at 08:45 AM.
LARRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Italians.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car ladies.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Cars.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

The Veritas RSIII Speedster supercar revisited; 0-62mph in 3.2sec and 215mph+
By Stephen Dobie of evo magazine

The utterly nuts Veritas RSIII Speedster revisited.

"We drove it last year, and found it to be rather good, and after a few styling tweaks and an engine transplant we decided to try it again. you can now land yourself one – so long as you can meet the asking price of around, that is.

The RSIII now uses the 5-litre V10 from the current BMW M5, ensuring a potent 500bhp is on tap, transferred to the rear wheels via a seven-speed sequential manual gearbox.

In a car that weighs just a tad over a ton, at 1080kg, that ensures a 470bhp power-to-weight ratio and hence some pretty lairy performance. The 0-62mph dash apparently takes 3.2sec while the top speed is rated as 215mph+. Although we can’t imagine such speed is entirely comfortable in the absence of a windscreen and roof…

The skinny weight is largely thanks to a light carbonfibre body and tubular frame structure, while the brakes are ceramic. As per usual with performance cars these days, there’s been extensive testing at the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife, with Veritas claiming a proper racing car experience.

Just 30 will be made, with each car taking 15 people around eight weeks to construct. The company claims eight sales so far, with plenty of interest to sell the other 22 at around £300,000."
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cars in the garage and on the street.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

When on Rodeo Drive...

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 World famous "Bijan car."
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

kurzew's photos.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos taken at Mondello Race Track. Ireland.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

More from Mondello Race Track in Ireland.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

X-Bow.
Seven.
Lambo.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

"Here's a link to a Shell commercial shown in Europe. Ostensibly, they're selling gasoline, but the cars used in the video steal the show.

Ferrari pulled several of their race cars from various ages out of storage, flew them around the world, and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong, Honolulu, and Monaco. No CGI -these are the original cars on the original streets.

The best part is the sound - from the basso-profundo notes of the early, front-engine era, each scene cuts to a later generation, ending with the wail of a modern F1 car. The sounds alone bring a tear to the eye. Even if you're not a gearhead, this video will stir the soul.

There's just something about 3 liters and 14,000 RPM!"

One hell of a commercial.

Turn up the volume and click here:

YouTube - Ferrari Shell Commercial High Quality

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Lotus and women.

A great combination.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-15-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

New McLaren MP4-12C review.

We drive the new McLaren supercar, the MP4-12C, for the first time. Q & A, video and pictures here.

By Chris Harris of evo magazine.
February 2011

"What is it?

The new McLaren MP4-12C, rival to the Ferrari 458 Italia, offspring of Ron Dennis. It costs £168,500, so is cheaper than the Ferrari, too.

Technical highlights?

No roll bars, no LSD, hydraulically supported and connected suspension, adaptive dampers, a little under 600bhp, 1301kg dry, carbon tub, optional ceramic brakes, brake assist, twin turbochargers. More technology than we’ve ever seen in a sports car before.

What’s it like to drive?

Unlike any other sports car because it separates the roles of ride and roll-stiffness. On a straight, bumpy road, it’s more comfortable than a Merc E-Class, change direction and it’s sharper than a GT3. There are 3 chassis modes: comfort, sport and track which bring increased roll-stiffness and more relaxed intervention from the ESP. The powertrain is remarkable in its strength and ease-of-use: the MP4 is noticeably quicker than a 458, doesn’t feel that turbocharged and makes a great noise. Crucially, you can separate the chassis functions from the powertrain (again, comfort, sport and track) so it’s possible to have sharp throttle response and faster gearshifts, with supple suspension. It is the most talented machine I have ever driven.

How does it compare?

To what? I mean can you think of an obvious rival? Only kidding – it’s faster than a Ferrari 458 Italia, has more useable performance, rides better, has more mechanical grip and is much, much more useable.

Anything else I should know?

Yes - that no one understands the emotional side to these machines like Ferrari does, and the MP4-12C, for all its brilliance, serves as a reminder. It’s not unemotional, it sounds great in ‘track’ mode, it steers beautifully and its engineering is intriguing."

Here's a video:

New McLaren MP4-12C review, video and picture gallery | evo
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-16-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

From photographer Peter Tromboni.

"January 17, 2011. New Jersey.

I had the opportunity to spend some time at the Tax Dr.'s beautiful home in New Jersey. He handed me the keys to his 800 horsepower Ferrari Enzo and had me fire her up. It was amazing.

Nikon D3000. 66mm f/6.3

Also, a photo of his 16M Scuderia Spider."
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 02-16-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Photographer Webb Bland.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

Porsche 997 GT2.

150 MPH Club on the Autobahn.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Five more from Peter Tromboni.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

More from Peter Tromboni.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

Mosler MT900S.
Attached Images

Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Member Gallery