Larry's Lotus Photoblog #5 - Page 219 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #4361 (permalink)

Photography by I am Ted7.

A couple of Daytonas.

"Shot at the Palos Verde's Concours d'Elegance, September 2013.

The first and only American made car to win the World Manufacturer’s Championship for Grand Touring Racecars, the Daytona Coupe transformed American road racing. Originally referred to as the "Daytona Car," the coupe officially earned its name while being built for the Daytona race."
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-05-2014 at 07:42 PM.
LARRY is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #4362 (permalink)

From Larry:

I had a Mazda RX-7 before my first Lotus.

Growing up in Los Angeles, I discovered the roads are basically 0-60 mph. The concept for me was to have a little screamer that could do 0-60 extremely quickly and handle like a dream. Thus the Mazda and thus the Lotus and thus my 2010 John Cooper Works Mini.

Here's a photo I received of a similar RX-7 to mine...with a lot of nice custom touches.

"Loud and proud."
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-08-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #4363 (permalink)

Google Image Search: Dropped, Flush, Hella Fail ,illest hellaflush, MaxiFlush, Slammed, stanced...HELLAFLUSH.

My son Charlie introduced me to HELLAFLUSH, the new wheel mounting technique appearing on many sports and exotic cars.

Anyway, I received this letter from a guy who explains HELLALFLUSH and the newer, nicer alternative, FATLACE. The photos seen below are from the FATLACE/RAUH-Welt event that took place a couple weeks ago on 3/5/14 at Motorwerks in Los Angeles.

Here's the FATLACE website: New Season, New Look | Fatlace? Since 1999

By Jesse O'Brien in On the Road:

"Hellaflush/FATLACE.

Let me be clear here: I’m talking about the “HELLAFLUSH movement” in car culture, not about Fatlace. Fatlace is a design studio that’s also one of the most respectable car/footwear/urban/”street” resources on the internet, and they absolutely have my respect for that. They actually cover all kinds of fun stuff, but this post isn’t about Fatlace. It’s about the mindset that has evolved under their loving care, and has since run amok and become its own term.

First, let’s start with the etymology of the word "Hella."

The word “hella” is an adjective. It supposedly originated in the San Francisco Bay Area, and judging by the overuse I see every day, I’m inclined to agree with that. It can mean anything from “very” to “lots of” (this car has hella power, this car is hella powerful) and is sometimes even an adverb (he’s hella runnin’ from the cops!). In my native tongue (Boston-language) we’d overuse “wicked” in place of “hella”, and we often do.

And the word "Flush."

Flush generally refers to the fitment of wheels and tires with the chassis and fender flares. The closer the wheels are to being flush with the bodywork, the more “hellaflush” that car is. This generally requires an obscene amount of camber combined with a stretched tire, which changes the angle of the sidewall of the tire.

There are a few ways to score extra points in the hellaflush world.

-Get your car as close to flush with the ground as possible
-Increase the backspacing of your wheels. More.
-Stretch the narrowest tires possible on the widest wheels (don’t forget your backspacing!) possible.
-Shave door handles, trunk latches, keyholes, gas tank covers, and everything else that keeps the body of the car from being “flush”.
-Try to tuck your entire wheel and tire into the wheelwells. Ideally, it should all be shoved up where nobody can see it."
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-05-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #4364 (permalink)

"I know I'm probably interrupting what you're doing, but...where do I buy one of these?"

Lotus. Everyone wants to talk to you about your car.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-01-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #4365 (permalink)

"I'll just be a minute, honey.

There's this rattle in the door sill that's driving me CRAZY!"
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #4366 (permalink)

GoPro and Lotus.

The more cameras the better.

GoPro and the Lotus Cup - Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohQp8Etg6K4
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-01-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #4367 (permalink)

Yeah. It's an Exige.

How did you know?
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-01-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #4368 (permalink)

Garage
I just love these pics, it's like watching a 4K UHD TV, they are so sharp with vibrant colors. Nicely done.

2001 Lotus Esprit V8 (Daily Driver)
2011 Dodge Charger Rallye (Sold)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife's car but great for golf trips and hauling stuff)
2001 Superformance S1 (Sold)
1968 Mini Cooper (Sold)
LotusGuy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #4369 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY View Post
Two ladies in a Lotus.
Driver is saying,"Check out my sister. She can't find her sunglasses!"

In French, of course.
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
http://www.mnautox.com
philethier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #4370 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGuy48 View Post
I just love these pics, it's like watching a 4K UHD TV, they are so sharp with vibrant colors. Nicely done.
Thank you!

Here are some photos from the Ferrari Challenge.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-02-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #4371 (permalink)

My friend Frank Profera (Ronin) in his handmade Lotus 2-Eleven.

Sent to me today 6/4/2104.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #4372 (permalink)

Photography by G.F. Williams.

The photographer's office: "I love my home entertainment, but I've had this system since I was at university and now that I can I think it's time for a new proper system."
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-05-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #4373 (permalink)

Loading the Lotus racer for a trip to the track.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-05-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #4374 (permalink)

Rhys Millen in a wider, lower and decidedly more sinister Hyundai Genesis RMR PM580-T Pikes Peak Unlimited racer.
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-08-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #4375 (permalink)

A big car event just North of Beverly Hills in Franklin Canyon, Sunday June 29th, 2014!

Bring your Lotus, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche -- any sports car, exotic car or American Muscle car!

For website and registration, click here: http://highwayearth.com/

Please, you must register early to guarantee yourself or your club a spot, so please sign up early so we can accommodate everyone.

All car show participant should arrive between 7am – 9am to be placed around the lake. Open to public from 9am-3pm.

The Petersen Museum will be bringing a choice ride and some very unique collectors will be bringing their rarities too. Come hang out with us for the day.

We’ll have ice cream vendors, BBQ, and fresh fruit too. The best news, the show is free for all walking visitors, plenty of free parking and picnic tables for the family.

Please register early to guarantee your spot, a small fee of $10 is required to hold your spot around the lake and cover park facility fees.

Upon arrival you’ll get your free copy of Highway Earth’s signed limited 1st edition Magazine, complimentary bottled water and photo of your arrival
emailed right to your inbox. See you Sunday June 29th, 2014!
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-08-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #4376 (permalink)

Photography by Tim Bell.

1957 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce Monoposto.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #4377 (permalink)

Photography by Bollengier Loïc.

Shelby GT-350 original.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #4378 (permalink)

Photography by Steve White.

Ford Fiesta VI ST (Ryan Lawford) (12) & Lotus Exige (16) (Ash Simpson).

"Ryan Lawford got a bit too tight coming into Paddock Hill Bend resulting in this spectacular roll. Thankfully Ash Simpson managed to avoid the airborne Fiesta. Round 5 of the British Rallycross Championship, as held at Lydden Hill Circuit, Kent."
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #4379 (permalink)

Wild at Heart

Nate Chapnick | Photo: Courtesy of Lamborghini | May 29, 2014

The new Lamborghini Huracán roars through Atlanta with animal power and futuristic design.

As is the case with nearly all Lamborghinis, the replacement for the hugely successful Gallardo draws its name, Huracán, from the world of bullfighting. Known for legendary defiance, Huracán was a Spanish bull propelled to fame after an undefeated run in Alicante in 1879. The name, which is also the Spanish word for hurricane, couldn’t be more fitting, as the Huracán is one of the most aggressive and advanced Lamborghinis ever made.

Decidedly exotic, yet unmistakably Lamborghini in its DNA, the Huracán distinguishes itself from all else on the road from the outset: Its sharp, geometric lines incorporate a signature hexagonal motif, which can be seen everywhere, from the shape of the front air intakes to the side windows. Flat, angular LED headlamps give it a sinister appearance in the front, while Y-shaped rear LED lights lend it an otherworldly aura from the back. The first supercar in its class to feature full LED lighting, the Huracán, which arrives at dealerships this fall, is definitely not for those looking to make a discreet entrance.

Hidden underneath three large, matte-black fins in the back is the heart of the Huracán: a carbon-fiber-clad 5.2-liter V10. With 610 horsepower on tap, the Huracán lights up all four tires on its way to an astonishing 3.1-second run from 0 to 60 mph. A new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission handles all this power with aplomb, smoothly shifting through gears automatically, though Lamborghini also gives drivers the option of full control via oversize paddle shifters. Also upping the control ante, a red switch on the steering wheel provides easy access to three distinct drive modes: Strada, Sport and Corsa. Settings, including stability control, exhaust note and throttle response, are automatically configured depending on the mode one selects, radically altering the character of the Huracán at the touch of a button. Owners will discover that no matter which mode it’s in, though, the Huracán is a ferocious, yet forgiving, ride.

While the Huracán sports one of the edgiest exteriors in memory, its interior is surprisingly luxurious. A massive 12.3-inch high-res TFT screen presents essential vehicle information directly in front of the driver with stunning 3-D graphics, thanks to a superfast processing chip. And supple leather is contrast-stitched nearly everywhere.

Still, in its bones the Huracán is a supercar, with design touches like a red flip-up start/stop button and a bank of seven toggle switches nodding, tellingly, to the cockpit of a fighter jet—which may be the only thing on Earth as thrilling to pilot as the Huracán.

SPEC CHECK
2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4

Base Price: $237,250
Engine: 5.2-liter V10
Transmission: 7-speed dual-clutch
Horsepower: 610 hp @ 8,250 rpm
Torque: 413 lb.-ft. @ 6,500 rpm
City fuel economy: 13 mpg
Highway fuel economy: 25 mpg
Fuel tank: 21 gal.
Dry Weight: 3,134 lbs.
0 to 60 mph: 3.1 seconds
Top Speed: 202 mph

FAB FEATURES
Drive mode selector on the steering wheel
Full LED exterior lighting
Epic exhaust note
Attached Images

Last edited by LARRY; 06-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #4380 (permalink)

best thread on LT. hands down.
spiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Member Gallery