WooHOO! they updated the graphic - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Thanks Tony, that did the trick

It is still better that the old one.
There was a request from the moderators in one of the original complaint threads about the banner where they asked for ideas.
And nobody did come up with any.
Everyone had their chance.

It is always easy to complain about something but it is much harder to come up with a real solution...
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmeupscotty View Post
Oddly enough, I agree with Hello Kitty.
The banner went from irrelevant future cars to badly 'chopped images.
Roughly lassoed edges and compression artifacts all over.. No offense, but it's visually unpleasant.

The site Administrator's "Post up some cars that you want on the banner and we can get something designed. " gave me the impression that the design will be done in-house by the site operators and all we can do is 'post up some cars'.
And one person posted some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmeupscotty View Post
There were already some request to hold a design contest, but that discussion didn't turn out so well, did it?
There is a tremendous pool of talent in the forum. If there had been an official nod for people to come up with a new graphic, I'm sure they would have.
Response to my request to suggest a new design was exactly one. Therefore the competition winner was that design.

If you have a better design for a new banner please post it and lets get some feedback
Aedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

I could be mistaken, but at this point, we're arguing grammar not the matter at hand.

Admin's request was ambiguous, insufficient and unofficial at best, and that is reflected by the fact that there was hardly any participation from the community. The fact that some posted 'reference photos' as requested shares that sentiment, too, imho.

Or the official request had been crystal clear from the get go and the forum community was encouraged to participate. And that could've been the reason why people were playing with the names like Lotus Ejaculate, etc, and a fantastic posterior photography of a woman from a resident graphic designer.

Oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/forkmeupscotty
forkmeupscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Garage
The cars on the right don't seem as sharp in contrast as the ones one left of the banner.
squidward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Okay, lets stop arguing. I'll make us a banner this week. Do we want to remodel the whole header or just the image to the right? Can an admin email me the individual image files that make the entire graphic?
Also what cars do we want to use? Maybe make a poll so we can make sure everyone has their vote.
1993 M3 - Sold
2005 Elise - Sold
2013 Veloster Turbo - Daily
tonymaples806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymaples806 View Post
your browser is pulling from its cache, just go in and delete your cookies/cache, or do a control+R and that should solve it!
Thanks! I wondered what you guys were talking about!

If the banner at the top of the page still looks the same, just hit ctrl-R, and it will update to the new one!
2009 Toyota Rav4 - winter car, also for carrying anything larger than a 2-slot toaster
drchris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

HERE IS THE PERFECT PICTURE FOR THE BANNER ! ! ! !

Hello Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
HERE IS THE PERFECT PICTURE FOR THE BANNER ! ! ! !

This is great! +1
1993 M3 - Sold
2005 Elise - Sold
2013 Veloster Turbo - Daily
tonymaples806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

I like that a lot too. Sorry it took me a few days to get to this, but maybe it could go in the middle space on the banner?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
German Reimport

IMO this looks boring with all the cars just lined up like they are in a parking lot (which is where they are in the original picture)
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #30 (permalink)

We could modify the previous one, with Bahar taking a sledge hammer to the model which will never be; be sure to photoshop a maniacal grin on his face, and have pound notes spilling out of his pockets.
Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
addertooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #31 (permalink)

Realize that the reason they have a left and a right picture is so that as the middle fills with the green background allowing for different browser widths. This is probably done with a very narrow strip of background that is set to repeat.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrodman View Post
I like that a lot too. Sorry it took me a few days to get to this, but maybe it could go in the middle space on the banner?
I respect the work you did cmrodman, but removing a beautiful mountain background for a repulsive green line background is really sad.
Hello Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
I respect the work you did cmrodman, but removing a beautiful mountain background for a repulsive green line background is really sad.
Haha thanks for the feedback. And I agree, I would much rather have the original picture hanging on my wall than my own reproduction . To be honest, I just had twenty minutes to kill on Saturday morning and hadn't had anything to Photoshop in a while.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Garage
There has to be at least one classic race car. That's what makes our cars so special. Heritage.
I'd like to see an Eleven, a 72, maybe an Esprit, have to have an Elise, an Evora.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery (home again!)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders) 2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM
1980 Rover SD1 (new home)
XHILR8N! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues