Alright, Which One of You Dirty Tax Cheats Owns This Elise? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Alright, Which One of You Dirty Tax Cheats Owns This Elise?

14:39

LOL....

Saw this last night at the sports bar while watching the BCS game....another channel was playing a CNBC show on the American Tax Cheat.

Thought it was ironic that they were showing yachts, celebrities, private jets, champagne and a Lotus Elise that could go for high-$20K range depending on year.

Sean K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

well about 40% of lotustalkers think they shouldent have to pay taxes, so it could be anyone
Also:
84 930 turbo, 06 WRX Wagon
aschen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lol, well crap. I've been struggling with the moral dilemma of what to claim on my new Elise purchase, since Texas doesn't have a standard value on the car. Guess I'll have to be honest or the 'gubment might come after me.
d3mon187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
well about 40% of lotustalkers think they shouldent have to pay taxes, so it could be anyone
Taxation is theft....plain and simple, unless it's done without threat of force.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Orange

Quote:
And 10% of lotustalkers would like others to pay for their things.
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
SwingLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
And 10% of lotustalkers would like others to pay for their things.
and the other 50% think that 100% of it is stupid to argue about.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon187 View Post
and the other 50% think that 100% of it is stupid to argue about.
And I care why?
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
And I care why?
Just a joke... clearly a bad one. New to board. Touchy subject. Understood.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon187 View Post
Just a joke... clearly a bad one. New to board. Touchy subject. Understood.
All good. Just wait till you've had a couple of beers in my house before you start going through my drawers!

You are right though, there was a taxes thread and the reality is that maybe 15 of us participated. All of us knew that we weren't going to change anyone's minds, but we still partake!

That being said, my opinion is 100% right!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
Taxation is theft....plain and simple, unless it's done without threat of force.
Semantics aside how shall we pay for things like infrastructure, police, military, and similar without taxation?

Perhaps taxation is theft in sence that they are invoulentary, but there is no pragmatic way for them to be avoided (at least while living as a society).
Also:
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

I remember seeing this video last year during ski season when I was having difficulty finding an Elise. (even posted a cash-in-hand-ding-ding-ding thread on this forum, without much result) I recall the yellow Elise coming up in this video and thinking, "G-D@mm1t, ALL the super rich are buying the elises, no wonder I cant find one!"
'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
High_Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

lol , is that an exige wing?
That is also an '05 elise (absense of LED brake/tail lights). Nice educative video. Helps scare you straight.
2008 Buell XB9SX
2005 Honda Accord - King of the road
ee.engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Which forty percent would that be, praytell?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Semantics aside how shall we pay for things like infrastructure, police, military, and similar without taxation?

Perhaps taxation is theft in sence that they are invoulentary, but there is no pragmatic way for them to be avoided (at least while living as a society).

INVOLUNTARY taxation is theft. However, there is another way.....one that addresses many issues in American society; from the flaws in a "consumer" society, to offshoring of jobs, to living beyond our means and financing the excess through ever increasing debt, to simplifying a complex tax code to making that tax code fair and equitable to all since it is paid voluntarily.

Fairtax.org solves the majority these issues...but first the American people need to understand a very basic concept: You cannot have that which you are unable to pay for (even by debt based leverage) for any sustainable amount of time. We need to have a frank discussion about expenditures not exceeding tax revenue. Government cannot spend more than it takes in in taxes on a continual basis.

Further, the American people would need to be able to open their minds to new ideas. Many of our problems stem from Einstein's definition of insanity....doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. We're stuck in a two party paradigm that has no interest in seeing any power ceded back to the people. Unapportioned taxes were originally outlawed for that very reason...yet we've had this unconstitutional violation for 100 years.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

BTW, none (not one red cent) of your federal income tax (according to the Grace Commission) goes to infrastructure, military or police anyway....it only goes to service the interest on the debt.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

I shouldn't pay taxes....

because racecar?
TyMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

I am aware of the fair tax and flat tax movements. I am not totally opposed though I dont pretend to understand the nuances. It seems a bit utopian upon first impression.

Perhaps such an arangement allows citizens to opt out of purchasing taxible goods, but the only utility of wealth is purchasing power. It still seems like a semantics argument for taxes being theft.

Who pays the salary of a policeman, for example? The money was collected from some invoulentary revenue stream (federal or state).

I am all for a simpler system, however. Many here will disagree but I support some measure of progressive contribution. The fair tax has that covered to some degree with taxing consumption I suppose, though certainly not to the degree of our current arangement.
Also:
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
CMP

FOUND HIM!!

OMG! Poor Elise!

;-)
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise