Chrome Lotus Elise - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #161 (permalink)
The Second One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLDean View Post
I think it was DJ Eeee-Zee Dick
'in the jackoff hour'

My favorite?

Teacher: You in the back with those french braids, what's your name?
Kid: My name Snoop
Teacher: Alright Snoop, whatchou wanna be when you grow up?
Snoop: I wanna be a muthaf**kin hustla. You betta axe somebody!

-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #162 (permalink)
The Second One

I gotta say - Kia and Hyundai are REALLY REALLY stepping up their game.

If you recall, Honda and Toyota had reputations and crap boxes in the 70s. They completely turned that around in the mid-late 80s and now they are some of the most reliable cars on the road.

I think Kia/Hyundai are in that phase right now. The styling is REALLY good. That Optima looks great. My buddy bought his daughter a Hyundai Santa Fe and he said it's been a great car. He's a big car guy to having everything from a BMW 850 to a AM Vantage.

The Cadillac stuff is looking nice. By that, I mean the CTS. The Escalade is well, the Escalade. The SRX is fug....

But those CTS are REALLY nice. They also had to VERY sharp concepts at Pebble Beach - the Converj which was a crossover/hot hatch kinda thing. Looked like a hothatch version of the CTSV. And the amazing CIEL. That thing had the best looking interior I've ever seen.

That being said, I'm curious of their sales figures. There's the whole issue that people have with GM in general and the 'perception' that Cadillac's are cars for old Italians living in Florida. I REALLY like that CTS-V though. I know there's more than just 0-60, but 0-60 in just 3.9? That's craziness.
-'08 Elise SC (Chrome Orange) - was stock for about an hour. Rota Torques, Difflow 3 element, Micro Mirror, Lidbone, upgraded speakers/headunit/amp, BMW M3 wheel studs, RLS nav mount, garage door remote mod, MrC radar bracket, hardwired GPS/radar, Larini SC, LotusShii glove box, Lowtush splitter, OnRailsEngineering double cup holder, carpeted interior. Ghost B.C. blasting from the stereo. 100% awesome.
-'14 Audi S4 Quattro (Daily Driver)
SwingLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #163 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

The build quality of the CTS series is suspect to me. I know quite a few people that own them. None are what I would call the traditional euro market types... Except one. From what I've seen, the interior design is not too hot and the materials don't seem to hold up too well. Then again, maybe they improved it with the new generation, who knows.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
The build quality of the CTS series is suspect to me. I know quite a few people that own them. None are what I would call the traditional euro market types... Except one. From what I've seen, the interior design is not too hot and the materials don't seem to hold up too well. Then again, maybe they improved it with the new generation, who knows.
The new gen is muuuch better.
ItsThaMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #165 (permalink)

I give it to Cadillac for the CTS-V coupe. That is a great design. Almost reminds me of the chop tail Seville coupe of the 80's in uniqueness and styling.

The sedan and wagon less so. i think the wagon looks better than the sedan though.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #166 (permalink)

Wow - this post has really branched out into different discussions

Nice threads

Amat Victoria Curam
Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Wow - this post has really branched out into different discussions

Nice threads
Where was I... Oh yeah, phuck this ghetto-lization of America and making street culture cool. Nobody I know thinks being poor is cool. There its no shame in being proper, classy, and clean.

Carltons of the world unite!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #168 (permalink)

I don't know...

I might be the only person to differ but I think as always any company has a following (like Lotus) and they always want things to be "the way the used to be". But in my opinion I think a company that stays relevant is always a good thing. I'm not saying it isn't risky as all change is, but it can be a huge payoff too.
Lotus has always been one of those cars that are just flashy enough to be considered an exotic, and just reasonable enough to not have to be super rich to own. That being said they do have their own niche... but do you think chrome looks THAT bad??? I kind of like it.
Also... get used to change because with the new cars coming out the concepts are changing... flat out. I guess that's why there are certain models of older cars that will always be priceless for certain generations. I mean, I can appreciate the lotus 7 for what it is, but will never have the sort of appreciation that people who grew up with it still have. To me, the body work is just sub par. I don't like the style. - just an example
lewie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #169 (permalink)

http://youtu.be/syUlVFpw_f4

Chrome Evora at 0:52...
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2go View Post
Here it is. I think it looks pretty cool.
Attached Images

LiveToDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #171 (permalink)

Does anyone know why "exotic" cars or hot rods are painted in vibrant colors? I'll tell you and give you a little education. The brighter the colors (yellows, reds, Blues...ect) will show more contrast to the lines of your car. Take your car in park it in the sun now look at each individual line of the car without moving around. You will see different shades of color whenever your lines bend. If you had a Dark paint color like black, you would see more depth and would look "shiny-er" because Black absorbs light giving it a "wet" look over white paint. How does this tie into the OP? The "Chrome" wrap or paint shows off the vehicles lines very very well. Would I do it to my Elise? Probably not, but am I going to flame someone who does it to their car? Nope, to each they're own. I love my car and I bought it at a great, never be able to find again prices. I am a E-4 in the Air Force so I am not made of money so I can't change the color of my saffron yellow lotus even if I wanted to but I appreciate what I have regardless of what others think just like I'm sure some people are with they're "ghetto fabulous" cars, its their hobby. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Eglinlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #172 (permalink)

or here is still from the movie "The Host"

The Host - 13 for 2013 | Facebook
2m6mc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #173 (permalink)

To get back to the original question. Have not done it, but would.

I have always wanted to strip my Caterham down to the aluminum and get aluminum nose and fenders.

I like the look.
tvacc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #174 (permalink)
Scott Graham

Tons of Sector111 and RLS goodies.
Scottycali4nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jye3 View Post
Has anyone changed there car co our to chrome
That seriously doesn't look very good

mercedes service
haye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #176 (permalink)

I confess I kind of like the Evora in chrome
woetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #177 (permalink)

Don't like it.
You would have to shave your head to drive it!
18ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #178 (permalink)

A chrome Lotus? You can't be serious! Save your money and buy a Lambo. Now there is a car that the chrome chain people like...or is it gold chain...I get those two mixed up. Yes, please load photos. I could use a good laugh.
Sarasota V8 Esprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #179 (permalink)

January 2013 Wraps of the Month - skinzwraps' Photos

how about this one...i know its not an elise but its close...chrome exige
1994 ferrari 348 spider nero/nero sold...2008 toyota yaris hatch sold...71 volkswagen type 2 with 79 hydraulic type IV 2.0/dual 40 idf webers! SOLD 72 europa tcBV sold, 2008 cayman, MV Agusta brutale S

oh yeah...i apologize in advance to the weak...
flyguyskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #180 (permalink)

And now for the ultimate in bad taste: An Aventador with gold wrap that the Miami dealer has for sale.

Heard that Kanye West and Kim Kardasian were using it a few weeks ago.
Maybe swizzlebeatz will want to buy it.

From far away it doesnt look as tacky, but up close it looks like some one took rubbed gold foil over it. I have seen the same thing with silver and blue reflective chrome on Porsches.
Attached Images

xxxotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise