Clear bra - What panels to cover? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll consider getting my lights covered. I think I am going to go for partial hood coverage at an additional $240 installed, so the total for bumper, rocker panesl and partial hood is going to cost me $725. Full hood coverage is $480, which is a bit too much. Do you get any rockchips above the covered part of your hood? How about the mirrors?

The dealer (Newport European) quoted $13xx for starshield. Are you sure you can get it for $795 installed from the dealer?
vmx128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

It was listed as $795 when I was shopping around on various websites for the Lotus. Who knows... maybe it's gone up in cost?

As for the front, I get some minor splashes on the access panels but nothing on the clam. The mirrors don't get hit it seems with anything but lots of road tar and grime.

If you find someone that can do a good job on our headlights, let me know. I would love to get mine done.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Will, why not go to sticker city and get a headlight kit for around $50 and do it yourself..
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #24 (permalink)

I have no faith in my ability to do a good job. With my skills, my headlight will come out looking like one of those fried cream cheese wonton deals with all the wrinkles and edges sticking up everywhere, assuming the headlight still works after, that is.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Any recommendations on places to get starshield/clearbra installed in socal?
R5T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

I highly recommend TJ Wallace from theclearbra.com. He installed ventureshield protection on my car yesterday. His number is 714-350-6070. The total cost for bumper, partial hood, rocker panels and mirrors was $725. I didn't ask (or pay) for the mirror film, but he installed it anyways. The entire job took 3 hours and I got my car back the same day. He is a stand up guy who knows what he is doing. Spent a lot of time talking to me and gave me some very good advice on taking care of the film and general tips on paint touch up.
TJ is located in Orange.
vmx128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

@vmx128: thanks! I will give him a call.
R5T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

holy thread revival but I just dropped my car off with TJ.

Went for paint chip repair, full car polish and then clear bra.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #29 (permalink)

++++ 1Chufforia Grafix !

My elise has three products on it. When I purchased it: Starshield was only on front portion of the clam, mirrors and rockers.

I found with sticky tires and mountain road driving (some sand from time to time) I needed the doors done.

Then I contacted Chufforia Grafix and got the pieces for the access panels, blinkers and headlights. I am very glad I did this.... it is like "parts insurance".

I suggest using 303 aerospace on the products...keeps them sun resistant and pliant. Increases protection too. Check this out:

3M Protective Film Clear Bra Test - Automotive Articles .com Magazine
'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
High_Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #30 (permalink)

^^^ +++
I plan to do a full repaint in a couple years. Then I'll slather it in track wrap and drive it down to GA so Keith can do the works.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #31 (permalink)

Just had my entire car repainted, haven't applied wax yet because I want to have the clear bra installed, is there any prepping involved prior to installing the bra? Should I not wax or polish it?
lotuscrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuscrit View Post
Just had my entire car repainted, haven't applied wax yet because I want to have the clear bra installed, is there any prepping involved prior to installing the bra? Should I not wax or polish it?
You are essentially putting a big sheet of clear sticker on the car. Would you want it to stick to the raw surface or the wax/polish on top of the surface?
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise