Elise '05 owners. Do you want to try an ECU reflash for a couple of days? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Elise '05 owners. Do you want to try an ECU reflash for a couple of days?

I'm having some trouble with a CEL. It happened right after I got my new Vision Function NA. reflash. A great way to diagnose the problem would be to put a stock ecu back into the car. The engine code is P0139. Which means it's either the extra exhaust from the upgrade or my catalytic converter is bad after 30k miles.

Is there anyone that has a naturally asperated 2005 Elise in the Austin, TX area? Would you like to try the reflash? It's a lot of fun! It idles better, runs smoother, has more power and the cam shift happens at 5500 rpm. Which means you can stay on the big cam between shifts.

It would take about 10 minutes to do the swap. It took 50 miles of driving around town before my light comes on. So, I'd like to swap for a couple of days or maybe all week if it's more convenient to get together.

Thanks,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Volunteer

I would love to help you out, but I am in Washington state. Let me know if you can't find anyone local and we can do a US mail swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
I'm having some trouble with a CEL. It happened right after I got my new Vision Function NA. reflash. A great way to diagnose the problem would be to put a stock ecu back into the car. The engine code is P0139. Which means it's either the extra exhaust from the upgrade or my catalytic converter is bad after 30k miles.

Is there anyone that has a naturally asperated 2005 Elise in the Austin, TX area? Would you like to try the reflash? It's a lot of fun! It idles better, runs smoother, has more power and the cam shift happens at 5500 rpm. Which means you can stay on the big cam between shifts.

It would take about 10 minutes to do the swap. It took 50 miles of driving around town before my light comes on. So, I'd like to swap for a couple of days or maybe all week if it's more convenient to get together.

Thanks,
Rick
Brakes2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vision Function is awesome

Believe it or not, but Jermaine at Vision Funciton is going to send me a spare ecu to test with. Now that's customer service!

Thanks for the offer though.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

^ you may or may not need to reprogram the ecu to match the key and ignition column. had this issue on my 350z
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm in Austin n a mechanic pm ur info n ill txt u
Ked67madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise