The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Tree fell on my Elise

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ZeRoSL 
#1 ·
A tree fell on my lotus last night...

My deductible is $1000

my drivers mirror is broken off, and i assume there will be a lot of paint scratches.

my wife's car took the brunt of it

#5 ·
the paint damage, overall not bad, wondering if anyone has suggestions what to do about it?

nothing structural is damaged, just the paint scratches as well as the mirror sheering off.

should I even put in a claim?

#6 ·
thinking about the deductable....

I am not the litigious sort, mind you, but think of the same scenario involving something that wasn't insured[like you standing there] the apartments insurance would surely pay. Or if someone else hit you it is their insurance that pays without deductable.

Maybe your lease speaks to it one way or the other

Worth a friendly conversation I would think

#10 ·
Don't bother with a claim if the scratches aren't below the clear coat. Quixx can buff that out.

If you have starshield (doesn't look like it in the photo), then do the claim.

The splintered shafts on the mirror's mount can be repaired for a quick re-install.

Be glad this is the extent of damages. Had the main limb landing on the car, insurance would be totaling this!

#11 ·
There wasnt very much pressure on the my car as it was only the lighter thinner branches (less than an inch thick)

I think i'm not going to finish the claim, the scratches may or may not buff out, but as I do track the car, I can live with it, until I take the time to properly paint everything.

Ordered a new mirror from Elise-shop for $73 USD.

hopefully it will arrive in a reasonable amount of time

Will post pictures once it stops raining

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.