What compares to an Elise? Anything? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Scott Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjunky View Post
What compares to an Elise? Anything?
An Exige.

Tons of Sector111 and RLS goodies.
Scottycali4nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

I am a former MR2 owner and I owned/drove many MR2s. The Elise is a lot like an ITA-prepped 87 MR2 NA that I used to race...except with another 80 hp, A/C, and a full interior! Light, direct, responsive, and fast enough to be fun.

Aaron
mister2dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

comparison ????

take a old dune-buggy with nothing more then a roll cage, run it thru the woods,on off trails, thru the mud puddles,over the bumps, then lets take, say Arnolds S. first Hummer thru the same terrain, and tell me which 4 wheels give you the [ best ] excitement of your life for being connected to everything around you, and which one will leave you with the most memorable, lasting memory, tomorrow ! I was told once over 30yrs ago, that " YOU CAN'T LIVE ON MEMORIES, BUT YOU CAN,T LIVE WITHOUT THEM ", and it's a saying that I never forgot, because it's so so true and my Elise does that for me with no further comparisons to anything !!!
MIDLIFECRISES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
Closer than you think

Garage
For affordable responsiveness and lightweight balance an MX-5 Miata (especially with forced induction) is a nice entry car for a future Elise/Exige owner, but it still falls a way short.

My old supercharged Miata was fun and quick but I never noticed how much body roll it had until I drove it side-by-side with the Lotus. Also, I've never driven anything with the Lotus' direct steering response... anything.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82DRV View Post
For affordable responsiveness and lightweight balance an MX-5 Miata (especially with forced induction) is a nice entry car for a future Elise/Exige owner, but it still falls a way short.

My old supercharged Miata was fun and quick but I never noticed how much body roll it had until I drove it side-by-side with the Lotus. Also, I've never driven anything with the Lotus' direct steering response... anything.
It's called no power steering.

I had an old truck without power steering... felt the same.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Closer than you think

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
It's called no power steering.

I had an old truck without power steering... felt the same.
Really!???

I learned to drive a manual on my Dad's '67 Ford F-150 3-on-the-tree with no power steering... Trust me, it was NOTHING like my Lotus!

Mazda made the M version Miata for several years. One of the most significant features was non-power steering. I know that was not like the steering on the Elise either.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Back to the Future, again

How much tuning can you do on a non-powering steering column other than changing the diameter of the wheel to change perceived effort?

It's not the power steering, it's how it works with the low ride height and suspension as well. But a non-power steering column feels the same one way to another.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

ZR1Corvette! Ok... Not in the same price range. C6 vette feels great! Now if you want people to look at you get an Elise! Crazy fun n fast but no trunk if your a golfer.
EagleTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise