That has been my most annoying complaint of a wonderful car. It has been so hard to exit that it made driving it for running everyday chores in town an annoyance. I tried raising it with an inch of stacked washers under the attaching points, but that seemed precarious or unstable. And this was not enough to solve the entrance/exit problem. I'm 5'8" tall, so my feet wouldn't touch the ground as I tried to exit with both feet down, and it was too strenuous to use one foot down, leaning outward and pushing with my left hand on the inside of the seat.
So, I used one inch square aluminum tubing and 3" factory-style bolts on the four corners, two tubes high (one lying flat over the other), to solve the stability problem and the height problem at the same time. It is mahvelous, though it does have one drawback: the seat drives fine, and has plenty fore-aft movement for entry/exit and driving position. But, academically speaking, the seat travel is stopped an inch or so short of full rearward position by the headrest coming to rest against the roll bar. Again, this isn't a problem with driving, but limits travel to the rear. It would be an even easier entry/exit if the seat could go full travel rearward, but at least the added height makes it much better than it was before.
If anyone is interested in what it looks like, I could do pics (meant to photograph the parts in progress, but momentum to get'er done overrode my desire to memorialize the work). It is a simple process, but requires precise drilling of holes and positioning of the aluminum tubing and attaching points. By the way, it's as stable as original, though my ride height is as though I were a 6 footer with factory-mounted seat. And I have plenty of head room.