Cruise Control and rear window replacement - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cruise Control and rear window replacement

Hi all,

I have just finished putting cruise in my 2005 Elise. I have taken quite a few photos and know the part numbers. While I have not tested it yet on the road due to snow, do you guys/girls want me to make a page and put it up on the LOONY site?

Same with the procedure for changing the rear window without removing the clam? I took lots of photos of my friends car and we did it in about 2 hours.
www.lotusowners.com LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York) and the Church of the HolyLotus, Drive Fast Take Chances, 93 Caterham 7, 71 Elan, Esprit S2 JPS#45, M100
tvacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
6i9

I think several owners would be interested.

I can imagine there would be questions on weight added and cost and ease of install/DIY

Props on introducing something new
Suspension: Nitron SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE FF Rotors/Pistons | RC6
Interior: Recaro SPG | Willans | WorksBell | Sparco
6i9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Kudos on the cruise control. There has been a lot of interest in setting it up.

Director of the GGLC-Sacramento Chapter
sturgeongeneral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
German Reimport

Instructions are always a good thing to have.
And even better is when you send a PM to one of the mods and have them link your DYI instructions in the Uberthread
Old 12-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would be interested on instructions for both procedures.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

cruise? wow.
Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/
komiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvacc View Post
Hi all,

I have just finished putting cruise in my 2005 Elise. I have taken quite a few photos and know the part numbers. While I have not tested it yet on the road due to snow, do you guys/girls want me to make a page and put it up on the LOONY site?

Same with the procedure for changing the rear window without removing the clam? I took lots of photos of my friends car and we did it in about 2 hours.
I assume that your cc wouldn't work on a 2006 with dbw?

Jason
amazingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

The kit I have will work with a drive by wire. The tough part will be where to fit the servo under the dash.
There was mention of hooking it up to a throttle pedal in the instructions.

You guys will have to give me the week to design the page. It should be slow this week.
www.lotusowners.com LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York) and the Church of the HolyLotus, Drive Fast Take Chances, 93 Caterham 7, 71 Elan, Esprit S2 JPS#45, M100
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Interested

I drive mine on long trips a cc would be nice!
05 Lotus Elise VF2 to TVS, MWR Fuel Rail, Stage II exhaust w/ Larini Decat, Moroso Oil Pan, RTD Brace, PRoAlloy Aluminum Radiator, SS Break Lines, S111 Oil Catch Can, ACT HDC, HID, Carbon Fiber Spliter, Reverie Side Scoops, CF side skirts, FF gauge pod, BWR gauge pod, S111 front & rear tow hooks, tail lights-LED, Driving lights, LETSLA, Cup holder center console and painted ac surround, 2lbs SS shifter knob, 2010 Exige Spoiler, Lotus shop Seats, RA clam upgrade
lt0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Also interested, thanks.

Jason
amazingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Interested.

2008 Lotus Elise | Storm TI | Touring Pack | A/C Insulation Mod | Aluminum Carpet Buttons | JBL GTO Series Speakers | Alpine iDA_X100 | LIDbone | darthHOLDER | re-ENFORCER | Aggie and Pittsburgh Penguins Sticker |
Shirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
www.theapexinn.com

Cruise control.......cup holders.........TV's in the headrests......what's the world coming to ??
Elise #2292 / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com www.apex-inn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
kestrel74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

2011 and later Eliges have cruise control - at least in other countries. How does Lotus do it?
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Control stalk

here's the stalk, but it doesn't show on DeRoure. If we only knew what it attached to!
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

1ZR only, unfortunately

01a Column Switch, LH, indicators/dip/flash 1ZR with cruise control MY 2011 A126M6010F 1
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

I did not put a "stalk" on mine. Talking to Dave Koski, who has cruise in his car and a stalk on the left side of the column, he hits hit when he gets in the car.

I thought about putting it on the dash, but then decided to go with the RF transmitter one, that you velcro on to the steering wheel, but you can take off when doing a track day or if are not using cruise. I only plan to use the cruise on long trips. I plan to keep it in the glove "pouch or case" when I am not using it..

I did try a right hand stalk. But the ignition switch and stuff got in the way.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel74 View Post
Cruise control.......cup holders.........TV's in the headrests......what's the world coming to ??
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

When I first drove the Elise prototype, back in 2003 or was it 2002 and they asked for recommendations, I had these things listed....

Cruise Control
Cup Holders in the flat area of the sills.
Better Stereo
Some sort of gas mileage, trip computer, etc.
Rear window that was removable or that would go down.

All of this would have cost less than $500 I suspect and would have attracted buyers that just could not get by the lack of these items, completely missing what the car really is.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvacc View Post
I did not put a "stalk" on mine. Talking to Dave Koski, who has cruise in his car and a stalk on the left side of the column, he hits hit when he gets in the car.

I thought about putting it on the dash, but then decided to go with the RF transmitter one, that you velcro on to the steering wheel, but you can take off when doing a track day or if are not using cruise. I only plan to use the cruise on long trips. I plan to keep it in the glove "pouch or case" when I am not using it..

I did try a right hand stalk. But the ignition switch and stuff got in the way.
Thanks. I was thinking it would be possible to use the actual stalk that Lotus uses, which would incorporate both the current functions all Eliges have, as well as the proper buttons to select the various cruise control functions. But, as you probably already know, it only is designed to work with the 1ZR engine, and in addition - and I didn't bother to put them in my post - there are about a dozen other parts you need, including a different ABS and TC module, different pedal box, clevis pins, etc. I did find what I think are all the parts, but to try to retrofit that to any previous models would be difficult, if not impossible. It seems that you have a much better and realistic solution.

To SwingLo's post, I have thought about doubling the thickness of my window to reduce noise! I suspect so much would still leak in around the frame, trailing edge of the roof, etc. that it probably wouldn't be worth it, even if it could be done, although some have tried covering the window with a thick blanket just for test purposes, and I believe they reported some improvement.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have had a cruise control option out for years now. Nothing new about it.

Name:  Cruise-Control.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  500.6 KB

I have been fiddling with the idea of a powered rear window as well.
chuck_risen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)