The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Got Vanity Plate?

529K views 2K replies 832 participants last post by  StressCraxx 
#1 ·
Okay, time to be honest....

Who's already ordered a Vanity License Plate for your new Elise?

Come on... tell us... What does it say???

Kiyoshi :)

#252 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I notice no body has suggested CABC for their plate... probably only means anything to Lotus people. Anyway, that's what I'm reserving for my California toy :)

#254 ·
Oops, thought CABC was an accepted variant.

#255 ·
Just registered "FAST LIZ" today in Florida. Tried "FLAT OUT" but it was taken, darn it. Then thought of "1G CAR" but decided against it, as it was too cryptic to anyone but a real motorhead. So, I settled on "FAST LIZ." It will compliment the tag on my STi "FAST WRX" (transferred from my original WRX).

Mike

#256 · (Edited)
Just got my custom plates. I'm a big advocate of organ
donation so the plate procedes go to a good cause. But
to be honest, I was greatly influenced by how the colors
of the plate matched the car well. :cool: I also happen
to be a Walter Payton fan (see memorial football in the
corner).

I also like that "PEEL'N" is a nice homograph for my CO car. :clap:

PS - Sorry about the size of the pic. Can't seem
to get my program to shrink the file.

Attachments

#257 ·
HOCKYDOC said:
Just got my custom plates. I'm a big advocate of organ
donation so the plate procedes go to a good cause. But
to be honest, I was greatly influenced by how the colors
of the plate matched the car well. :cool: I also happen
to be a Walter Payton fan (see memorial football in the
corner).
That is very cool :up:

My Aunt runs this charity for the Bears and I am an honorary chair for it.

www.yflnfl.org

We send NFL players to talk to high school kids about organ donation.

Patrick

#259 · (Edited)
Patricko said:
That is very cool :up:

My Aunt runs this charity for the Bears and I am an honorary chair for it.

www.yflnfl.org

We send NFL players to talk to high school kids about organ donation.

Patrick
I visited the web site. Great program :up: It's amazing how difficult it seems at times to have people commit to being an organ donor. They think that I may, as a physician, try to harvest the organs maybe a bit premature before giving them a fighting chance. :confused:

I remember while in medical school in St Louis, I helped take care of a comatose, brain dead, 18 year old motorcycle accident victim from Illinois. (severe motorcycle accidents west of the Mississippi River mostly were Orthopedic patients, while similar accidents east of the River were transfered to the Neurosurgery service comotose with little chance of survival -- no helmet law in Illinois) Once we realized he had no chance of any recovery, we approached the family about donation -- he had a perfect heart, lungs, liver, two kidneys -- a chance to potentially save at least 5 lives!!! When organ donation was brought up, they kept repeating, "Yes, please do everything you can to save him". Misunderstanding what we were requesting, they actually believed we were discussing giving their son a donated brain :eek: to save his life!!! Once it became clear (no easy task), they said they absolutely would not allow their son to be a donor.

Think of the logic here....they were more than willing to ACCEPT a brain (as bizarre at that is), but would not even consider donation. :thwack:

Lesson to be learned....Don't be a hypocrite. If you will, if tragedy occurs, accept blood or a donor organ, then please be a blood donor and sign your organ donation option on your drivers license.

:wave:
John

#264 ·
I don't have an Elise, nor will I be able to afford one anytime soon, but after a stint in CharlieX's Elise going up to/coming back from the WCLM a couple weeks back I'm hooked.

Here are a couple of ones I thought up:

PSHSTRT (Push Start)
NOWAXRS (Been hanging around Charlie too much)

I also noticed that there are a lot of Exige Variants in CA that are not taken yet.

Casey

#266 ·
We're considering a vanity plate for our Elise and have it narrowed down to a few that will be of no general interest but they're Team V or SOLVAXN8

Other fun one's I came up with along the way are free to use, are available in NY and include:

OU8MYDST
CURVHGGR
THROACRV
HEZCRFTY
TSTDRIVE
GRNLGHT
FALLIN
TUCKIN
NOFREERD
LETMSLYD
LILPHNTM (since we seem to have the 1st Phantom Black)
RACEGOST
LTSBOOGE
CRWDPLZR
SVELTE05
STICK E
STICKEE

#267 ·
OK. I've been holding back on posting what plates I had in mind because I didn't want someone to snag my idea before I could actually order. However, now that I got my official registration the other day and I've already placed my order, here's what I got...

It can be read as two words: Toy Lotus

or, for us EliseTalk insiders, as one word: ToyLotus (as in Toyota + Lotus = Toylotus)!

:cool:

DotComCTO

Attachments

#271 ·
I think I'm going with:

GR8 SCPE

Limted to 7 letters and 1 space. Apparently it is available, so I'm hoping...

Has a double meaning for me, the car REALLY is a Great Escape! :shift:, and I always have liked Steve McQueen. That movie was one of my favorites and he was a car guy too!! :D

Wayne

#272 ·
waydui said:
I think I'm going with:

GR8 SCPE

Limted to 7 letters and 1 space. Apparently it is available, so I'm hoping...

Has a double meaning for me, the car REALLY is a Great Escape! :shift:, and I always have liked Steve McQueen. That movie was one of my favorites and he was a car guy too!! :D

Wayne
And as far where to escape to? Here's mine:

2DCURVS

#274 ·
Icedog_16 said:
That won't work much longer as MB is coming out with an MLK, which is smaller than the ML. Some people may also take exception as those are Martin Luther King's initials. God, I hate all the PC crap.
More to the point, why not MY MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)?

#276 ·
Well I finally got my plate. I had a whole bunch of ideas but all of them probably would have gotten my baby keyed. So I ended up going with this:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.