The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Imperfections, are they normal?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  AaronHartwell 
#1 · (Edited)
Body imperfections, are they normal?

Hey guys!

After much waiting my new to me, 2010 Evora finally arrived today!! I spent a few hours tonight looking it over, reading the manual, sitting in it, and playing with the funky Alpine system. It is awesome! I love it!

As I was going over it, I noticed a few things that I would have called dents on a normal car but after reading the forums tonight it sounds like our cars can't be dented and that anything that looks like a dent came from the factory. Is that right?

Here are some pictures. The first picture is a scratch. I'm pretty sure that didn't come from the factory but what about the 2nd and 3rd pictures? Is there anything I can do to correct them?

Thanks!

Aaron

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Lower bumper looks like a minor crease. Behind door? "waves or slight undulations do occur in the composite body panels. The finish only makes them jump out more. If you don't notice it nobody else will. BTW defintiely not a door ding as the panels don't do that

#5 ·
in a lotus, imperfections are the rule, not the exception.

#6 ·
There were some comments in here somewhere but several of us see the dimples on the hips behind the doors. Your house # is not backwards on mine though. ;-)

#7 ·
In regards to the crease in the rear quarter panel, I noticed that on a few Evoras I've seen in show rooms. I'm not sure if they sorted it out in the newer ones, but it was definitely there in the 2010s I saw.

#8 ·
Character lines, man. Just drive the thing.

#9 ·
Heh... Ok, ok, so these dents are to be expected. I will try to suppress my crazy OCD and accept them as part of the Lotus mystique. The car is a BLAST to drive. Way more fun than the Shelby that I just traded in.

LCKitty - I'm going to drive it to Issaquah and get a picture with your house numbers reflected in the paint. Seriously though, with the crazy nice weather we're supposed to have I'm seriously considering taking the car to RTC on Saturday.

Aaron

#10 ·
The dimples on the rear qtr panels are caused by the over-tightening of some of the clam retention bolts at assembly. Some have stated that you can loosen the bolt tension and eventually the dimples will smooth out, if not disappear entirely. However, that would mean a Lotus tech would have to disassemble part of the rear clam/tire liner to get to it. Not sure it's worth the risk of something else getting screwed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.