Lotus Esprit V8 value, should I keep her ? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lotus Esprit V8 value, should I keep her ?

Hello Members:
I am contemplating selling my Pristine 1997 Esprit V8 Twin Turbo. Car has been fanatically maintained by previous owner, has stock parts installed but also includes Race ECU, performance exhaust, Lotus custom steering wheel, OZ upgraded wheels (new tires), custom stereo. It has 34K miles, needs nothing, clean Car Fax, no scratches etc, hard to find Red on Black interior. Southern California car. No stories, just one of the nicest Esprits around. What do you members feel is the value on the current market. I have a marketing person stating to try $ 41k and go from there. Have to make a tough decision! Have a Audi RS6 and a 1999 BMW Supercharged Widebody 540i show car "Steven Lin's from I Forged racing" and want to find homes for two of three mentioned. Just downsizing due to no time to play as much. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of selling the Esprit versus the other two. Do you feel the value of the Esprit will go up down the road hens keeping her, how about routine maintenance on the Esprit? I bought her in July 2011 and been a pleasure every time I take it for a drive! Appreciate any input. Thanks
LOTUS4CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTUS4CC View Post
Hello Members:
I am contemplating selling my Pristine 1997 Esprit V8 Twin Turbo. Car has been fanatically maintained by previous owner, has stock parts installed but also includes Race ECU, performance exhaust, Lotus custom steering wheel, OZ upgraded wheels (new tires), custom stereo. It has 34K miles, needs nothing, clean Car Fax, no scratches etc, hard to find Red on Black interior. Southern California car. No stories, just one of the nicest Esprits around. What do you members feel is the value on the current market. I have a marketing person stating to try $ 41k and go from there. Have to make a tough decision! Have a Audi RS6 and a 1999 BMW Supercharged Widebody 540i show car "Steven Lin's from I Forged racing" and want to find homes for two of three mentioned. Just downsizing due to no time to play as much. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of selling the Esprit versus the other two. Do you feel the value of the Esprit will go up down the road hens keeping her, how about routine maintenance on the Esprit? I bought her in July 2011 and been a pleasure every time I take it for a drive! Appreciate any input. Thanks
Has the cylinder liner issue, common to '97's, been taken care of and documented?
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special Light Blue
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special #4380R Indigo Blue (my absolute favorite).
1984 Turbo Esprit Calypso Red
2005 Elise Starlight Black
2005 Elise Saffron Yellow
2005 Elise Ardent Red (used as development mule for the LETSLA)
2006 Exige Graphite Grey
2007 Exige S Canyon Red (first customer installation for the production LETSLA)
4380r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Beat me to it! That was a HUGE problem.
08 Isuzu Ascender Lux Flint Grey, Grey leather
brgelise is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)