they gave me one in monterey, ...i left it on an airplane, and not by accident!
i still want, no... DEMAND to hear an announcement about swizzelbeats / and or that position!
"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design
Anybody want to get rid of some of their back issues? My wife just went online to try and order them and it says she needs a 'coupon code.' Anyone know what they mean? BTW, we're looking for Issues 2, 3 ,5.
Yes, there is the whole 'racing' heritage and F1, but really isn't Lotus Cars about as affiliated with Lotus F1 as I am to Kate Beckinsale?
I saw one issue - to me, it was trying too hard. When i had my X5, BMW would send me their thing. I would eyeball as I took a dump. So, after than 45 minutes, I tossed it. I could understand BMW or Porsche - lots of models and tons of owners. There are like 6 people on the planet who have bought NEW Lotuses and they basically make one car that makes its way to to the US. What the heck can they fill the pages with.
Sure, hot chicks in glossy magazines don't suck, but the novelty wears off.
These car mags are all kinds of pretentious. They cater to people fantasizing about wearing fitted suits, hitting the town and valet-ing their rides, swanky cocktail parties, and ridiculously expensive clothes. Audi sends me one every month or so, and it's pure unadulterated crap.
Well, there are some places where it is very real.
The top 2%.
In addition to my posts on Larry's Lotus Photoblog #5, I've created my own new website to help me share my passion for the best credited car photography in the world. I typically post often, so visit whenever you like. Click here: https://larrysbestcarphotos.com/
Well I thought it was very well done. Yes not in my financial demographic most of the time but well edited and produced.
Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus EuropaSpecial 3841R in JPS livery (Doc Jay has her)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 Nissan 370Z Nismo
I agree with the 'pretentious' label. I've received a number of these 'car company lifestyle magazines' and they are ALL the same:
- Intro/editorial from the CEO talking about 'whatever'
- Random articles with random 'engineer' types talking about some new fangled future engine that runs on unicorn piss.
- some random article about some random car on some random track.
- the random misplaced article about a cool place to travel and/or some cool foodie thing - '5 Days in Rjeykevik' or 'Street Tacos in Tierra del Fuego'
- Very attractive models showing off flair - polos, t shirt, hats, keychains, anal beads, ball gags and baby onesies.
- Some random article with some random celebrity talking about nothing related to said car. 'Alec Baldwin Talks Cancer Research with Danny Gan's Exhumed Corpse'.
- 'Lifestyle' shots of one said manufacturers cars. Always NEVER based in reality. You know the two stock photographs - even if it's for a minivan - one is the beautiful couple in formal attire pulling up to valet in front of an awesome cityscape restaurant/theater/hotel. Nothing says 'high society night on the town' like a Honda Minivan! The other photo is the 'hey, look at us, we are outdoorsy' - it will be the same beautiful couple with beautiful children either in the snow or at the beach. The beach photo will be someone pulling up a wetsuit, back hatch open and a surfboard on the top of the car. The snow one will be the same family, hatch open, mountains in the background and a Christmas tree strapped to the top. Kids chasing a golden retreiver and mom and dad looking insanely Ralph Lauren.
- There will also be over exposed photos of the car driving on a twisty mountain or ocean/lakeside road. There will also be the obligatory 'car at night in city' photo with all the city lights blurred.
profile of ridiculously handsome or outrageously beautiful person you have never heard of, who runs company started by grandfather selling product you could never afford to other people you've never heard of; lives in 17 different places, when not on private jet/yacht. Went to private school in Gstaad you never heard of, graduated Oxford two years early, gets suits/dresses made by tailor you've never heard of, wears shoes made by cobbler who only makes them for this family, etc., etc. photographed in family villa he/she is restoring with army of craftsmen, and in club you've never heard of dancing with more insanely attractive people. Runs foundation to save homeless children with terrible diseases that live in country where every single animal is endangered, and is threatened by rising waters due to climate change or gravitational pull of currently unseen asteroid.