Need advice on rims - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Need advice on rims

Need advice on rims
Okay, I had my all season tires put on my stock rims and after inspecting them at home I found on all three rims one small indent and a small nick or scratch the forth rim no damage. Also, I watched them take off and put on the tires, and they had to really use a lot of force with their tool to get the original tires off. That is why, I think the small indent occurred very small but you can see it when you use a flash light to inspect the rims. Should I complain or just suck it up? Thank you
happy2behere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would say something but good luck getting them to do anything about it. That is very hard to get satisfaction on. Best of luck though.

Director of the GGLC-Sacramento Chapter
sturgeongeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

thank you
I posted this to see if any other individuals here had a similiar issue and what they did to resolve it. Guess, I will have to wait and see I will talk to the shop in the morning and see how that goes.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Update on rims

I took the car to the tire shop and they agreed to either fix the rims or give me money, so I am having the rims powder coated all four. Sounds good. What do you all think with my decision? I guess, I was really picky with the small nicks they caused due to the fact that the rims are off a 2007 Elise type 72D, so the manager agreed with me right off the start when I showed him the issues with the rims. He did not question me at all nice shop and manager.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow you got lucky lol doubt places around here would do anything.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know, I think it was the small nicks on the rim near the tire. One was on the inside of the rim of the lip were the rim cannot hit anything when the tire is on the rim. I just wish they did not do any damage. At least, they owned up to it and are willing to fix it.

A retard question the 72D rims are powder coated right??? Because the inside of the rims do not show a different color when nicked it looks like the same color. I just want to make sure I know most rims are powder coated. Please do not respond with u can search or a negative comment. Thank you

Last edited by happy2behere; 11-14-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Everyone should know they that if this happens to them, they shouldn't just suck it up. It's entirely possible to put a tire on a wheel without scratching it. (the outside of it anyway)
pray4mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)