New Elise -Updated Manual? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

New Elise -Updated Manual?

Hello all, I just purchased a Lotus Elise 2011. The manual that it came with was for "2007 and onward" (???). This could be fine, only the model has changed since "onward" occurred. My husband and I have noticed changes such as issues accessing the boot/trunk if the battery dies. How can one do this in the 2011? Also the key fob is different, therefore the anti intrusion alarm directions are confusing or incorrect....not sure what else it different (!!!).

Does anyone know if there is an addendum to the manual that can be downloaded?
I've only had the car for 5 days now. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Garage
2011 Elise Manual

Siobhan, congrats on the Elise! I bought my 2011 in May and lovin' it!

I also have the manual that says 2007 and onwards. The last 2 chapters in the book are "Owners Handbook Supplement 2011 Onwards USA". They details the fob etc. and they are not listed in the "contents". Hope this helps you....
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Great, thank you!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Ya and honestly Lotus changed something in every year of the Elise and Exige. Whether it be the radio, the dash, the headlights, the bumpers, the engine. Every year something changes. The Esprit was similar (particulalry with the wings) My owners manual has a picture of an Elise on it and I have the Exige which was $10K more...think they could change a front page for $10K.

So ya its just one of the, errr, perks of owning a Lotus.

EDIT: Also welcomeing a new Lotus to the DFW area. I work at the High Five area, so you might see a rediculous looking silver Exige from time to time on my daily commute. Hi!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks David! I'll keep an eye out. Mine is black with soon to be black rims.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Nein Kinder

2007 Manual pdf?

I can only find the 2005 manual online as a pdf. Anyone know where to get a pdf of the 2007 manual?

If I could get the newer manual in electronic form, I would amend it with the supplements at the right places (rather than adding them to the end) to eliminate the conflicting directions that exist now. It'd be nice to have a manual that was specific to my year and model...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I can only find the 2005 manual online as a pdf. Anyone know where to get a pdf of the 2007 manual?

If I could get the newer manual in electronic form, I would amend it with the supplements at the right places (rather than adding them to the end) to eliminate the conflicting directions that exist now. It'd be nice to have a manual that was specific to my year and model...
Here it is in the LRC 2008MY Handbook Supplement. Scroll down and you will see the "Lotus Resource Center" which has a huge amount of information, check it out.
Michael

Last edited by SirLotus; 09-09-2011 at 09:56 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:24 AM
Nein Kinder

@SirLotus - A belated thanks ... I obtained the supplement in 2011 and appreciate access to the resource. The link to scribd.com no longer works. Can you update the link or advise of the status of this resource?

@Doge or any moderator/admin- can we upload a pdf file somewhere on LotusTalk to preserve info like the owner's manual and supplement? I see the base owner's manual at http://www.lotustalk.com/docs/elise_manual.pdf, but I can't find the "docs" interface on the web site.

Glen

CO 2011 Lotus Elise SC

Last edited by Glen; 03-16-2017 at 07:30 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
@SirLotus - A belated thanks ... I obtained the supplement in 2011 and appreciate access to the resource. The link to scribd.com no longer works. Can you update the link or advise of the status of this resource?

@Doge or any moderator/admin- can we upload a pdf file somewhere on LotusTalk to preserve info like the owner's manual and supplement? I see the base owner's manual at http://www.lotustalk.com/docs/elise_manual.pdf, but I can't find the "docs" interface on the web site.

Glen
I'll ask about this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:

Glen
This is what I was told:

Quote:
My best theory/guess is that it was a feature from an older version of the site that is no longer available, as I can't find any trace of it in the system.

However, it's worth pointing out that you can upload documents directly to threads. Txt and PDF are both supported
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Nein Kinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
This is what I was told:

Thanks

Glen

CO 2011 Lotus Elise SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.