The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

No regrets!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  GTS930 
#1 ·
I drove an audi R8 v10 and a Ferarri
F430 scuderia on the track at las vegas. I have to say the sound was great from the F car! Well I really think the sound and performance of my vf elise with decat and arquay twin was a very close second! I looked at my car after ambarrasing a GT2 911 at a light and said yeah your awsome! To all thinking of selling there is nothing out there for the money! The new vette was good on track but no where near the same feel. The elise/exige is such a rush driving there really is no comparison. Sort of like a drug! Well smile still on face

#5 ·
Come on Thomas, your experience is like going to a strip club, fine women on a pole and you return home to this....

Why would someone pay 1.8 Mill for Veyron, just because is an ugly car? :p

#6 ·
Wow her ass is almost ass wide as the lotus!

#8 ·
Tommy- The sound on your car with the exhaust and the decat is amazing.

Someone in Orlando on a road rally about 8 years ago had the decat and dual exhausts and it also sounded incredible when upshifting but they didnt have the supercharger.

I guess we are lucky that they dont have state inspections on our cars. The custom exhaust and decat on a friends Ferrari with the F1 paddle shifter that also had the Stadale or Challenge ECU however wins the award for best sound while automatically downshifting.

However was once about a half a mile behind a turbo Esprit with a custom exhaust and a modified wastegate that made an incredible popping noise so that gets the award for best turbo exhaust.

Hey Renderman-Believe me- Tommy's wife does not look like that!:thwack:

#11 ·
R8 v10 great car but no way to justify cost very slow shifts. Now the 458 was incredible

#13 ·
Yes it was in sport mode not race mode that was not allowed. The shifts were like a fast lift throttle shift but still felt slow especially on downshift late apexing. Now I get it the f1 F car was very special but coming from a manual i imagined it to be faster. Don't get me wrong it was still great but my friends video in the Lambo superleggera the shifts were much faster. I thought they shared the same drivetrain. I may be incorrect though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.