The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Post your track videos here!

223K views 2K replies 210 participants last post by  friss 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I searched LT to see if anyone started a dedicated thread to post their TRACK videos.
I didn't find one, so I'm hoping this turns into a ONE STOP THREAD similar to the "post a picture of your Lotus next to regular cars" thread. So, if you have track footage please start sharing. As an intermediate driver, I'm always looking for video footage to help improve my skills.
Who's going to start the show?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: RBH
#3 ·
O.K. That's a good start. Thank you, sir.
Now it's time for you track rats to start posting your videos. DON'T BE LAZY, you know you have them and this thread is where they belong:)

#4 · (Edited)
Here's a video I took a couple weeks ago at Watkins Glen, it's only a couple of warm up/shake down laps after the rebuild I did this year, unfortunately I didn't roll the camera during the session that i was giving her some stick..:wallbang:

[/QUOTE]

#5 ·
ttime4four, I just watched one of your track videos. I'm not sure I've ever seen that rear facing view into the cockpit before. Where is that mounted? To the passenger side headlight housing? Looks like a tight fit for the two of you. Lol. The passenger is holding the door with his LEFT arm. Funny.

#8 ·
I'm not sure I've ever seen that rear facing view into the cockpit before. Where is that mounted? To the passenger side headlight housing? Looks like a tight fit for the two of you. Lol. The passenger is holding the door with his LEFT arm. Funny.
It's mounted on the fender just rearward of the headlight. Definitely a tight fit in the cockpit for two full sized adults.

#13 · (Edited)
I'll post my video from NHMS. It was my first time on the track in the Elise. Came from a supercharged miata, and was uncomfortable in the rain. Have been to the track since and I have a lot more confidence and feel for the car. Video was taken from friends 64 Vette and his grandson in the stands. Not very fast, but I love the sound of my Larini exhaust as I pass the Vette.

http://youtu.be/X6AUuprxi5M

Ugh.........Well, seems to be working in Safari, but not in the AutoGuide app. Hmmm

#14 ·
Not my fastest ever but my coolest video. This is at High Plains Raceway in Byers, CO. My 2006 Exige on R888s

Nose camera is a Contour, Original wide angle Hero at my feet and a Chasecam SD for the interior. Data from my Traqmate overlayed with RaceRender and TraqDash.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Here's my GoPro vids

#19 · (Edited)
all vids are AIM evo4 with smartycam.

Trashing an elise gearbox at Portland International few years back:

EP Sequential/Geartronics tuning at Pacific Raceways last week:

ECU goes wonkey at PIR this year:

Stupidest thing you can do with an elise (take it to the go cart track)

Pacific Raceways 3b spin and slow motion...

#25 ·
To the last one evo11 she had that "not a single **** was given" look to your attempt at scaring her. She did look like she enjoyed it tho haha