Post your track videos here! - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk.com is the premier Lotus Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #161 (permalink)
RBH

Homestead Miami Speedway, February 9, 2013, Chin Motorsports Event.

S260 Final Edition
RBH

I am a www. TrackJunkies.org and I need help
RBH is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #162 (permalink)

Post your track videos here!

RBH, you're killing me..........We had 2+ feet of snow drop on us last weekend.

Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoguide1360896344.577497.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  239.2 KB

So, all I can do is look at my Arctic Silver beauty, sleeping away the winter in the garage.

Good to see someone is out there having fun. Looks like it was a great day.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Wrangler Sahara. 3" suspension lift, 1" body lift, 33" tires. 6 pt. harness child seats with head and neck protection. Fun in the mud
LotusCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #163 (permalink)
RBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusCC View Post
RBH, you're killing me..........We had 2+ feet of snow drop on us last weekend.

So, all I can do is look at my Arctic Silver beauty, sleeping away the winter in the garage.

Good to see someone is out there having fun. Looks like it was a great day.

Thanks for sharing.
Sorry about that LotusCC. I feel for you. That is why we went south for a week to warm up. Unfortunately, the Floridians did not let us bring back the sun up north.
S260 Final Edition
RBH

Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #164 (permalink)

Here are a couple from Thunderhill Raceway in northern CA last Sat:

I pushed so hard with the cameras on my car, that I was actually ~1.5s slower than my best lap times on the same day without the cameras. Sometimes, trying to push real hard, you end up being slower.
marcinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #165 (permalink)

Garage
Towards the end of the S’s, it looks very much like the corkscrew in Laguna Seca. Not nearly as big, but very reminiscent of.

A man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
[Oliver Wendell Holmes]
<@@> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #166 (permalink)
6i9

This is my shakedown (superslow) session at Buttonwillow on my K20A swap. I was still feeling out the car as I hadn't driven it in over a year, especially at speed. Taking it pretty easy.

My GoPro spot metering wasnt turned on though (FAIL) so the track is completely blown out unfortunately. But the car sounds nice and the engine ran great

Suspension: Nitron SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE FF Rotors/Pistons | RC6
Interior: Recaro SPG | Willans | WorksBell | Sparco
6i9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1850480
Towards the end of the Ss, it looks very much like the corkscrew in Laguna Seca. Not nearly as big, but very reminiscent of.
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a fun track.

Wrangler Sahara. 3" suspension lift, 1" body lift, 33" tires. 6 pt. harness child seats with head and neck protection. Fun in the mud
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #168 (permalink)

I added a pedal cam.

metrocube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrocube View Post
Wow, you had some busy hands there! Was that an instructor with you or a ride along passenger? The runoff looked like it was rough. Was the car ok?

Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #170 (permalink)
hello

Not exactly a track video, rather an "untrack" video. The BMW driver gives me a point-by and then proceeds to turn into me. Due to the camera lens, objects are actually closer than they appear...

spaparizos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #171 (permalink)

A little knowleged is a dangerous thing. He knew what a point by was, but didn't know it meant slowing down afterward and making a hole. He was probably driving at *his* limits and felt he needed to take that line to make the turn. I personally loathe being forced to brake mid turn; thankfully, you were nowhere near your limits of traction when it happened.
Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
addertooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #172 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaparizos View Post
Not exactly a track video, rather an "untrack" video. The BMW driver gives me a point-by and then proceeds to turn into me. Due to the camera lens, objects are actually closer than they appear...
Classic "I'm so excited I forget to use my mirrors!"
Good thing there was no fender bender.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Visit my photo gallery
Iveria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:

How NOT to drive at the track - YouTube
Did the club that you were running with allow different levels of drivers on the track at the same time? Usually drivers register for the specific run group that they have "graduated" to. I'm currently in the Intermediate run group and would be less surprised to see something like that when I'm out there, but it looks like you're in an advanced run group.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #174 (permalink)
hello

I am not sure how much they enforce the run group graduations.On occasion I have seen less than qualified drivers with all groups. So I always try to leave some room for error when passing. This guy is supposed to be open passing advanced level, he was nowhere near that.

Regardless of level, this was a bad move on his part. I actually tried to talk to him after the session but his claim was it was my fault and I should have passed him more quickly. I don't see how to argue with this type of logic. I emailed the video link to the event organizer today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusCC View Post
Did the club that you were running with allow different levels of drivers on the track at the same time? Usually drivers register for the specific run group that they have "graduated" to. I'm currently in the Intermediate run group and would be less surprised to see something like that when I'm out there, but it looks like you're in an advanced run group.

Last edited by spaparizos; 03-06-2013 at 09:52 AM.
spaparizos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #175 (permalink)

Talking The motherload of spin videos

You are not going to learn much with my post... I am posting this for entertainment purposes only.

I thought it would be fun compiling all of the in-car video of track spins or saves that my wife or I have been a part of or witnessed from 2003-2012 (mostly from 2008+). Do not try this at home!

Click links to see my 2008 Lotus Exige-S 240 , '99 M3, 505rwhp '89 Mustang ( sold) , '05 WRX STI ( sold) homepages or here for my spin compilation (ispunuwin)!
EricH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Man, I hope you had words with him after...
Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricH View Post
You are not going to learn much with my post... I am posting this for entertainment purposes only.

I thought it would be fun compiling all of the in-car video of track spins or saves that my wife or I have been a part of or witnessed from 2003-2012 (mostly from 2008+). Do not try this at home!

ISpinUWin - YouTube
EricH,
I learned something
You became progressively quicker with your hands towards the end of the video. It was also good to hear/see the engine speed as you started to regain control as opposed to spinning.
One thing I noticed is that you don't seem to put "both feet in" once you start to spin. When both feet are in, the path of the car is predictable, but it seems like your car (as well as some in front of you) spin unpredictably and back onto and into the path of oncoming cars.
Am I just seeing it wrong?

Thanks for sharing.

There is ALWAYS something to be learned from watching track footage, which is exactly why I started this thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #178 (permalink)

Cool deal! Honestly, with the Lotus I instinctively either go neutral or more times than not I go full gas when the rear end starts to hang out. I never lift unless I want the car to rotate in a corner.

Once totally lost I thought I do go two feet in. But, maybe sometimes I didn't (proof would be in the vids). Sometimes the rolling is to get further off the track or out of the line.

Click links to see my 2008 Lotus Exige-S 240 , '99 M3, 505rwhp '89 Mustang ( sold) , '05 WRX STI ( sold) homepages or here for my spin compilation (ispunuwin)!
EricH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #179 (permalink)

I watched it again and it looks like you have 2 feet in for the majority of the spins. At the 10:38 mark you overcook a corner and go straight off the track into the grass. Your adventure reminded me of this TopGear video. Lol.

http://youtu.be/ZHcLP0wvENQ

Looks like you and the Mrs. are having an absolute blast out there. I wish I had as many track days under my belt
Nice job.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #180 (permalink)
RBH

I need to move south. This was too cold.

S260 Final Edition
RBH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)