The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Sector111 moving to 11 Chapter St.

18K views 81 replies 46 participants last post by  Coyne 
#1 · (Edited)
Discuss amongst yourselves. As some toolbag Nathan Cannon just banned me on the Lotus Enthusiast Facebook page for posting this to it. Awfully protective of his little sh1tcastle in the sandbox. Christ.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Say it's not so! So many of us have had so much help from them with our hobby. Sure, we could often find their product offerings elsewhere for a bit less, but they sure do (did?) a good job getting things together and available for us. Including info and advice.

#22 ·
This was my exact reason for supporting them as well. Sector has been extremely helpful to me in the past with troubleshooting and proper setup of my car. Taking the time to help me out many times in their busy schedule earned them a shop decal on my windshield.

#9 ·
I'm gonna take a guess here, and say that the bankruptcy is for their side "venture" the Drakan Spyder:
So hopefully their core business is just fine...because they're a real asset to the community.
Yes, hopefully that is the case. I post it so people have the option to be careful. They have a right to know. That's why these databases exist in the first place. And douchebag admins like Nathan Cannon wont let me publicly talk about it on FB.

#13 ·
Wow. I sure hope everything works out. Shinoo and Sector111 are a great help to us all and have been great to work with, always great customer service. I just talked with him via email this week, got immediate responses to my questions. I ordered a wheelset and it was shipped out same day to me.

Reactions: qz5gxt
#17 · (Edited)
chapter 11 is for reorg, meaning they intend to stay in business

I like sector111 and appreciate the service they provide to the community, but it DOES piss me off that they don't adjust their pricing on imported goods when there are HUGE currency movements. Perfect example: ReVerie products. GBP got crushed, and yet somehow they're selling the 1650mm wing for $3599? That thing sells for $1963 now direct from ReVerie. And its DROP SHIPPED FROM THEM. I mean c'mon...

#21 ·
Sector111 has entered Chapter 11 protection. None of our clients or suppliers will be financially impacted by this action. We intend to come out of this process stronger and better capable of serving our clients.

We are still conducting business and appreciate your support and understanding. We did not actually charge any of the shiftR111 deposit holders so please don't worry.

I am up in Sonoma at the Lotus Cup races this weekend. If any of you would like to chat, please come see me.

#24 ·
I've never had a bad experience with Sector 111 either. I wish Shinoo continued success.

I can't help but wonder what purpose this thread even serves? Is this situation negatively affecting any of his customers? Or is it just a bunch of gossip driven drama at Shinoo's expense?

I sense an agenda here.

#28 ·
As an earlier post said, Chapter 11 bankruptcy is to reorganize without pressure from creditors doing things like kicking you out of your shop or taking all of the money out of your bank account.

Usually, if you pay by credit card and the company does not ship the product, the credit card company will cancel the charge.

And as earlier posts have stated, Shinoo and the Sector 111 staff have always given great customer service. Shinoo even called me to discuss a problem that I had on a Sector 111 part that I had bought second hand. GRP is also a stand up company (from experience) and I hear BOE is also (I have not personally dealt with them). We are lucky to have several companies supporting what is a relatively small market.

#31 ·
I have spent thousands of dollars with Sector, each one of those experiences have been flawless. Quick to update, accurate order and just an overall friendly shop to deal with. Whenever I needed something and it had to be right, I always went to them for said purchase because I knew what I was dealing with.

Best of luck guys....I don't see them going anywhere.

#33 ·
Another note in support of Shinoo and Sector111

Never had issues with them. Spent $1000s for parts on my Elise, and $1000s for parts on my Evora. Great customer service..I've even spoken with Shinoo before and he was very helpful. I'm sure they will emerge stronger from this reorganization to continue to support us and the Lotus community. I do get a sense that some here are "enjoying" the thought of his business failing...not sure why.

#34 ·
I don’t think anyone actually wants them to fail or change the service they provide to the Lotus community. I took this post as more of a heads up to those that might be planning on purchasing from them in the near future. It is unfortunate they are going through this but I’d rather see something up front then see a post later about a vendor not supplying customers timely like has happened before. I have not purchased many items from them but have been happy with all my orders and do have plenty of things yet to purchase this winter, some of those items they seem to be the only supplier of.

#35 ·
Exactly, thank you. The Internet is filled with consumers and suppliers being burned by vendors shuttering. People have a right to know, hence court filings being public record, and the existence of this thread. My only concern--and if the balloon knots on here want to spin it into me taking glee in it knock yourself out--is the outstanding pre-order situation with the promissory shifter.

#39 ·
I have dealt with Shinoo for many years, especially the early years when he was just getting started and have spent tens of thousands of $$$ with him. He's a stand up guy.

I would not be surprised that his endeavors in developing cars has dragged him down financially (strictly an assumption) to the point of needing to protect his core business. What ever the issue is, I wish him the best and hope he can reorganize into a stronger company for the future.

#40 ·
I'm a relative newcomer to the Lotus scene, but a long time car modder so I've dealt with numerous aftermarket companies. When I ordered some parts from Sector111 I was utterly impressed by the level of service and attention to detail I received from them.

#41 ·
Shinoo had a vision to make the Drakan and he actually saw it through. That's a massive achievement because few dreamers ever pull that off.

Let's be realistic though. Chapter 11 success stories are rare. Only 10% survive the ordeal.

Their customer service was great for me when I ordered track safety upgrades years ago. However, customer service is not necessarily commensurate with financial decisions. Either can pull a business into the red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.