The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some dumb attention wh@re sat on my car and posted it on IG

22K views 181 replies 68 participants last post by  Doge 
#1 · (Edited)
I was at a fellow Lotus owners wedding in Beverly Hills at Lawrys. The groom arranged for our cars to be at the valet lot and were supposed to watch the cars. This is just rude as shlt.

How should I respond?

https://instagram.com/p/BRgzw2AlZvT/

charmacla
Just another day at the #office. #vroomvroom #classybitch #doesthiscarmakemelookfat #lotus #fancy

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I did not notice she was an employee that makes sense. I contacted the sales manager that arranged the event with the bride and groom. She apologized profusely and said she would notify the General Manager who oversees staff but that he is out until Tuesday. I should get a resolution by then...

My car definitely looks like there's some damage or scuff marks near where her foot is... Can I make them pay for damages?? Anyone know a lawyer I can consult on these things?

#5 ·
Why do you want to consult with a lawyer over maybe $50 of detailing to take the scuff off. This isn't worth your time.

Yes, there is a matter of principle, but just talk to the company as you are doing and then move on. If there was clam damage or repainting needed maybe it would be different, but I bet your car sees more damage after one day at the track.

My 2c.

#6 ·
So how would you distinguish the damage she caused from anything incurred previously? For all I know she damaged more than what's visible and could have done the same to the other cars parked. I am only seeing what was uploaded on instagram. The point is she had her hoofs on the car and her ass on the thinnest part of the clam (near the radiator exits) as well as over the paint itself.

Whether it's $50 to buff out or $500 to repaint, it's $50-500 that shouldn't come out of my own pocket. If anything's not worth my time, it's paying for other people's mistakes.

#8 ·
I'm not suggesting you pay the $50 yourself but what I am saying is that at this point, you are going to sink a lot of time and potentially money over something that can be handled with a lot less stress. If you are so concerned about the money, let me tell you that you will spend more going after these guys then you will get back. For some, making a point is worth the expenditure. Up to you.

If there is more damage to the car that something that can be buffed out, then that is a different story.

#7 ·
You don't need to talk to a lawyer. You need to get the car looked at, a price assigned to any repair work that is needed, even if it's just polishing, and give that to the management company. They have insurance. The escalation path from there is small claims court where a picture of an employee on your car pretty much guarantees you a judgement.

#15 ·
A friend screenshot it after finding it on instagram under the Lawrys geolocation

#31 ·
You might be surprised how many of the import guys have joke rideshare stickers (along with "Donald - Make Drifting Great Again" stickers) around here.

Personally, I probably wouldn't bother with a lawyer. I might make it known to the management that there are scratches and damage present. And that you're thinking of talking to your insurance company to see what can be done. See how they respond...they might preemptively take measures to appease you.

Aside from that, something like this would annoy the hell out of me, and I could be a vengeful a-hole. I'd probably be looking to make her lose her job.
A small tangentially-related story: I was rear-ended a while back (not in the Lotus) by a livery driver who (it turned out 2 months later) gave me fake insurance info. Not a huge deal, but I did need the bumper cover replaced (which was a huge PITA itself). I spoke to a lawyer - even with a diminished value claim on my car, he noted that I was probably looking at ending up with a bill even if I was able to collect in full for the damage and diminished value. Assuming you don't need a $10k respray, you'll likely get a similar answer (a disappointing number of people are effectively judgement-proof). Don't let me keep you from consulting a lawyer, but don't be surprised if they tell you it's not worth their (or your) time to sue.

#17 ·
Personally, I probably wouldn't bother with a lawyer. I might make it known to the management that there are scratches and damage present. And that you're thinking of talking to your insurance company to see what can be done. See how they respond...they might preemptively take measures to appease you.

Aside from that, something like this would annoy the hell out of me, and I could be a vengeful a-hole. I'd probably be looking to make her lose her job.

#18 ·
I would pursue having the wedding service or valet service or whoever pay for a very proper detailing of the car.

Get the funny looking girl in some trouble "career" wise, and ask for an apology from her. Maybe in writing.

Hope the happy couple do not have the memory of their special day tainted by this. That's the most important thing, I guess. I don't know them.

#19 ·
Look, what she did wasn't right, but as was stated it's going to more frustrating than anything to pursue any further.
How could you even prove the damage didn't predate her copious buttocks splayed across your clam?

Plus, suing someone for sitting on your car sounds like a Ferrari owners thing ;)

#22 ·
Seeking legal counsel doesnt necessarily mean I want to sue the individual or the restaurant. Im just seeking advice on what kinds of compensation for possible damages are realistic. Yes it entails also getting an assessment from a body shop but That doesnt mean I am gonna jump into a lawsuit right after.

A lawyer can still give informal legal opinion which helps establish if theres a case or not.

Of course the path of least resistance is preferable and Im sure a resolution can be negotiated without lawyers involved. Certainly not gonna spend more money than I think I could possibly be compensated for.

I appreciate (most) everyones input thus far. I will keep the thread updated on any developments.

Reactions: Deet3450 and Coyne
#21 ·
Insist on being put in contact with the other cars of interest that were there, maybe all cars parked.
You could post that photo of her on the car to reddit, et al inviting satire and humour.
She could become an interwebs joke.

You don't have to prove anything.
It was inappropriate to do this.
Fight back for everyone that cares about a car.

Reactions: surferpkt and KCZ
#23 ·
You mentioned that hideous word all Lotus owners never use..."valet". I take it you never watched Ferris Bueller?

Reactions: Moop
#26 ·
I'd be livid if someone did that on my car.

Get estimates to fix, then take the picture and estimates to Lawry's. Obviously the valet staff wasn't doing their job and it should be on them to fix the situation. I also like the idea of sending this picture as an FYI to the other Lotus owners that were there. If it was an employee of Lawry's or the valet service they should be suspended or fired.

Depending on your mood and how the matter is handled by Lawry's / valet company, if you find out she is an employee of the valet company get the name of that company and go public with it.

#28 ·
Get your detailing guy to buff out any scuffs and send the bill to Lawry's. Point out how easily the clam can be cracked and what their costs would be if the dumbass had done that.

Post a pic on the LA area car forums so other people who value their cars know to avoid this place.

Done.

Any more will just be a pointless headache.

Reactions: Laser Bob and Coyne
#29 ·
"No happy person ever changed the world."

#30 ·
Step 1. Get it detailed/waxed and send a copy of the bill to the valet.

Step 2. Tell the valet manager that you need them to add a formal section to their training manual, and a policy in the company manual about posing on or with customers cars. Have them send you a copy of that section once added.

Step 3. Go on with your life.

Getting an ATTY involved should not be anywhere in that process. If the Valet does not respect the situation you have plenty of ammunition to force them to, or at-least draw attention to, that companies lack of respect towards customer property.

#34 ·
First and foremost I would never, and I do mean never valet my car. Going to a wedding I would not even think about taking my Lotus.

If you are really this upset about your car being sat on you can only kick your self for taking it. You should have left it at home and took a car no one would want photos with. I have found butt prints on my car before, pretty sure someone had sex on it. I decided right then I either accept it or I stop driving it where I would need to leave it unattended.

#35 · (Edited)
Youre mistaking valet lot with valet parking. We all parked the cars ourselves and kept keys on us.

And normally I wouldnt take the Lotus either but this was a fellow Lotus brother's wedding and we decided to come out in full force to support his big day.

The wrong assumption was that a professional high end establishment like Lawrys would have hired similar professional staff. Ignorance would be bliss if the person refrained from posting their #funfunfun activities on their public social media

Thanks for the victim shaming though your perspective is dually noted. Shifting blame from the people that ****ed on your car to yourself is a hell of a way to live.

Also I feel sorry that you experienced that and feel like you cant drive your car in public if you plan to leave it unattended.

#36 ·
I am not familiar with Lawrys, but if it's a high end place, the staff really should have known better. Sucks that it happened. Some people have no respect for other's property.
Good luck sorting it out. Not sure that it's worth the hassle if a detail would remove any signs of it, but I get the anger associated with the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.