Some dumb attention wh@re sat on my car and posted it on IG - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

183Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
6i9

Some dumb attention wh@re sat on my car and posted it on IG

I was at a fellow Lotus owners wedding in Beverly Hills at Lawrys. The groom arranged for our cars to be at the valet lot and were supposed to watch the cars. This is just rude as shlt.

How should I respond?

https://instagram.com/p/BRgzw2AlZvT/

Quote:
charmacla
Just another day at the #office. #vroomvroom #classybitch #doesthiscarmakemelookfat #lotus #fancy

2005 Magnetic Blue Lotus Exige
Drivetrain: Honda K20A Type R | Innovative Kit | Arqray Ti | SCM Intake/Header | Hondata | proRAD | Setrab | KTuned | V2 Fuel Tank | BOE Swirl
Aero: Exige Clams | Reverie | TWRD GT | Craftsquare | IMRP | BSK | Voltex
Suspension: Penske SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE Floating | Pagid RS14
Interior: Recaro SPG | Willans | WorksBell | Sparco

Last edited by 6i9; 03-11-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:57 PM

Looks like a uniform with a name tag. Maybe it was valet staff or the catering staff. I would see if I can find out who they worked for and make a complaint to upper management.

Strange looking person.
6i9 likes this.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #3 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:10 PM
KCZ

Garage
I'd complain to the management anyway. Regardless of who she was, the valet staff weren't doing their jobs.
surferpkt and Laser Bob like this.

2011 Evora S 2+2 in Persian Blue with Oyster
2003 350Z, Track edition
2013 Boxster S 981
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season

Last edited by KCZ; 03-12-2017 at 06:47 AM.

post #4 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
6i9

Thanks for the input guys. I did not notice she was an employee that makes sense. I contacted the sales manager that arranged the event with the bride and groom. She apologized profusely and said she would notify the General Manager who oversees staff but that he is out until Tuesday. I should get a resolution by then...

My car definitely looks like there's some damage or scuff marks near where her foot is... Can I make them pay for damages?? Anyone know a lawyer I can consult on these things?

Drivetrain: Honda K20A Type R | Innovative Kit | Arqray Ti | SCM Intake/Header | Hondata | proRAD | Setrab | KTuned | V2 Fuel Tank | BOE Swirl
Suspension: Penske SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE Floating | Pagid RS14
post #5 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:32 PM

Why do you want to consult with a lawyer over maybe $50 of detailing to take the scuff off. This isn't worth your time.

Yes, there is a matter of principle, but just talk to the company as you are doing and then move on. If there was clam damage or repainting needed maybe it would be different, but I bet your car sees more damage after one day at the track.

My 2c.
post #6 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
6i9

So how would you distinguish the damage she caused from anything incurred previously? For all I know she damaged more than what's visible and could have done the same to the other cars parked. I am only seeing what was uploaded on instagram. The point is she had her hoofs on the car and her ass on the thinnest part of the clam (near the radiator exits) as well as over the paint itself.

Whether it's $50 to buff out or $500 to repaint, it's $50-500 that shouldn't come out of my own pocket. If anything's not worth my time, it's paying for other people's mistakes.

post #7 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Less is Better

You don't need to talk to a lawyer. You need to get the car looked at, a price assigned to any repair work that is needed, even if it's just polishing, and give that to the management company. They have insurance. The escalation path from there is small claims court where a picture of an employee on your car pretty much guarantees you a judgement.
6i9 likes this.
post #8 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6i9 View Post
So how would you distinguish the damage she caused from anything incurred previously? For all I know she damaged more than what's visible and could have done the same to the other cars parked. I am only seeing what was uploaded on instagram. The point is she had her hoofs on the car and her ass on the thinnest part of the clam (near the radiator exits) as well as over the paint itself.

Whether it's $50 to buff out or $500 to repaint, it's $50-500 that shouldn't come out of my own pocket. If anything's not worth my time, it's paying for other people's mistakes.
I'm not suggesting you pay the $50 yourself but what I am saying is that at this point, you are going to sink a lot of time and potentially money over something that can be handled with a lot less stress. If you are so concerned about the money, let me tell you that you will spend more going after these guys then you will get back. For some, making a point is worth the expenditure. Up to you.

If there is more damage to the car that something that can be buffed out, then that is a different story.
6i9 likes this.
post #9 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
I'm not suggesting you pay the $50 yourself but what I am saying is that at this point, you are going to sink a lot of time and potentially money over something that can be handled with a lot less stress. If you are so concerned about the money, let me tell you that you will spend more going after these guys then you will get back. For some, making a point is worth the expenditure. Up to you.

If there is more damage to the car that something that can be buffed out, then that is a different story.
I would never sit back and let it slide like that but to each his own.
post #10 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6i9 View Post
I was at a fellow Lotus owners wedding in Beverly Hills at Lawrys. The groom arranged for our cars to be at the valet lot and were supposed to watch the cars. This is just rude as shlt.

How should I respond?
How did you find the post?
post #11 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Will work for tires

Garage
Agree with what is said above, just wanted to say I like your sense of humor with the Uber sticker. Might have to do that myself too.

'06 Laser Blue Elise: Sport and Touring Pack

Elise/Exige Production Numbers
post #12 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:19 PM

It's not worth your time to go after them, but you could respond with something like "You look fat but it's not the car's fault. #addlightness"
post #13 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:20 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post
I would never sit back and let it slide like that but to each his own.
Personally, I trust my ability to make it right far more than anyone other than a true expert at buffing out damage.

There's no nice way to say it, but when I saw the car last it was rough.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #14 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
6i9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
Personally, I trust my ability to make it right far more than anyone other than a true expert at buffing out damage.

There's no nice way to say it, but when I saw the car last it was rough.

San
So because its not a concourse car the actions of this person arent as offensive? At least she sat on a rough looking car!

Never change old man San! also the last time you saw me was over 4 years ago. Must be in the same condition as back then right

post #15 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
6i9

Quote:
A friend screenshot it after finding it on instagram under the Lawrys geolocation

post #16 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Step 1 is evaluating the full extent of damage. Until then, what you are fighting for really isn't clear.
post #17 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:57 PM

Personally, I probably wouldn't bother with a lawyer. I might make it known to the management that there are scratches and damage present. And that you're thinking of talking to your insurance company to see what can be done. See how they respond...they might preemptively take measures to appease you.

Aside from that, something like this would annoy the hell out of me, and I could be a vengeful a-hole. I'd probably be looking to make her lose her job.
6i9 and KCZ like this.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #18 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:29 PM

Garage
I would pursue having the wedding service or valet service or whoever pay for a very proper detailing of the car.

Get the funny looking girl in some trouble "career" wise, and ask for an apology from her. Maybe in writing.

Hope the happy couple do not have the memory of their special day tainted by this. That's the most important thing, I guess. I don't know them.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery (Doc Jay has her)
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2008 Audi A4, 2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 Nissan 370Z Nismo
post #19 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:48 PM

Look, what she did wasn't right, but as was stated it's going to more frustrating than anything to pursue any further.
How could you even prove the damage didn't predate her copious buttocks splayed across your clam?

Plus, suing someone for sitting on your car sounds like a Ferrari owners thing
post #20 of 182 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
6i9

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHILR8N! View Post
I would pursue having the wedding service or valet service or whoever pay for a very proper detailing of the car.

Get the funny looking girl in some trouble "career" wise, and ask for an apology from her. Maybe in writing.

Hope the happy couple do not have the memory of their special day tainted by this. That's the most important thing, I guess. I don't know them.
No, for sure Im not going to burden my friends special day with this.

I am dealing with it myself and pointing out to management that as guests of a very expensive wedding event, it's on Lawrys to make it right with their customers when it involves the wrongdoing of their employees.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > General Discussion (Lotus related)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.